• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In what order would you imbue these?

TrackStar

Journeyman
100% Cold Damage DoubleAxe (40%DI) HML HLL HSL Hit Cold area

100% energy Damage bladed staff (40%DI) HML HSL HLL hit Energy Area

Max on all.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For the cold axe, dull copper hammer reforge power+quality for 70% cold. Powder it up, then imbue what ya want. Then enhance with agapit.

Energy is hard. You need 80%, and 450 charges from DC hammers only gave me 2 70%energy

TrackStar

Journeyman
For the cold axe, dull copper hammer reforge power+quality for 70% cold. Powder it up, then imbue what ya want. Then enhance with agapit.

Energy is hard. You need 80%, and 450 charges from DC hammers only gave me 2 70%energy
I'm able to make them 100% weapons and already have.

What I wanted to know specifically was what order would you imbue the additional properties for the purpose of saving resources in case of failures.

Deschet

Journeyman

What I wanted to know specifically was what order would you imbue the additional properties for the purpose of saving resources in case of failures.
I believe you'd want to do the imbues that use the most expensive/hardest to get ingredients first, because the imbues 'get harder' as you add more stuff.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED

I think is better to enhance before pof and imbue ... so in case of failure you don't loose everything .. unless you enhance with the artifact for 100% chance.

I reforge for 100% (or enhance to have 100%), than pof and imbue. Also, I craft and keep only the items that ends up wit at lease 100 durability, to save some pof, and recycle the others

gwen

Slightly Crazed

What resources you trying to save?
Claws, void orbs or raptor teeth are not wasted on failure and consumed only if successful.
Is you talking about sapphire and citrines - I never care about how many spent.
If you are low on imbuing essences ( - just farm them in some fast places. Painted caves and Miasma are my favourite.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I think is better to enhance before pof and imbue ... so in case of failure you don't loose everything .. unless you enhance with the artifact for 100% chance.

I reforge for 100% (or enhance to have 100%), than pof and imbue. Also, I craft and keep only the items that ends up wit at lease 100 durability, to save some pof, and recycle the others
Good luck imbuing anything other than Iron or Leather. Reforge / PoF / Imbue / Enhance

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

For some reason i am thinking you cant imbue anything made from different metals/leathers except for normal. If i am wrong, well that would make things super easy.

TrackStar

Journeyman
What resources you trying to save?
Claws, void orbs or raptor teeth are not wasted on failure and consumed only if successful.
Is you talking about sapphire and citrines - I never care about how many spent.
If you are low on imbuing essences ( - just farm them in some fast places. Painted caves and Miasma are my favourite.
Well if the special ingredients aren't wasted on failure it doesn't seem to matter which order.

But that's contradictory to what I've always read which is you do the most expensive last...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if the special ingredients aren't wasted on failure it doesn't seem to matter which order.

But that's contradictory to what I've always read which is you do the most expensive last...
You lose some relic fragments also. That's the expensive one they refer to. So do things that need those first.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You lose some relic fragments also. That's the expensive one they refer to. So do things that need those first.
On ATL I trained imbuer only with unravelling (thanks to underwater and Scalis). I have LOTS of them fragments.

On another shard recently finished training to 120. Have less fragments, but I was using them for training too. Started imbuing rings on 100-something. Lesser essences used more, of course. All of those thanks to troglodytes.

Now need third imbuer. Pity so much loot is wasted on para balrons, but have no time to loot them.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

enhance last (after imbue) - otherwise you are eating into the total potential imbuing weight.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
enhance last (after imbue) - otherwise you are eating into the total potential imbuing weight.
Not all materials go into imbuing capacity. Agapite and bronze used for 100 elemental weapon can be applied first. With +60 ancient hammer in hand chance to fail not high.
If enhance after imbuing you need to use forged metal tool from UO store. Which I use for gold (luck) only.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not all materials go into imbuing capacity. Agapite and bronze used for 100 elemental weapon can be applied first. With +60 ancient hammer in hand chance to fail not high.
If enhance after imbuing you need to use forged metal tool from UO store. Which I use for gold (luck) only.
It is always best to do things in an order that always works. Then you do not have to worry about exceptions or special cases. Or that night you are drunk.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I am not THAT rich to use forged charge on every weapon.
But I POF all 100% elemental right after making them. Even if putting them in storage for future use. Same with 150 luck gear.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes it only makes sense that if you are not using the forged metal of artifacts and you need to bump up elemental damage to 100 to enhance before imbue as it doesn’t affect imbuing weight. But for all other enhancement properties, you’d want to do that last and use the forged metal tool.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have tons of 100% weapons. I have only had to enhance 2 of them. One to get cold up from 70, the other I forgot to PoF it so I enhanced to get durability. I use shadow hammers.