• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] In what exactly do Lava Fishing Poles differ ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going nuts in trying to understand in what exactly "Lava Fishing Poles" differ.

They all spawn with the same texting (Conditions: new) and yet, while the Lava Lobster Traps stack with each other, hinting that traps are all alike, the lava Fishing Poles do not stack with each other hinting to something being different in them to make it not possible for them to stack.

I thought they came with different durability (usage charges) but it is shown nowhere.
Unless it is something visually hidden for some reasons, I really do not understand in what newly created Lava Fishing Poles may differ to make them not stackable.

And even if they had differing durability (charges...) which is not shown anyways, why could they not be combined like we are already doing for baits ?

Anyone knows ?

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lava poles, as you use them the condition will go from "new" to "slightly worn" etc. I forget the exact terminology they use as they deteriorate, but as you use it, and after so many casts if you look at the pole you will see the wording as far as it's "condition" change, until it is all used up and turns into a plain ol fishing pole. Seems like it is around 100 casts or so before it is used up, I have never bothered to count them.

I don't know why new ones can't stack, but sure wish they would, as they all start out new, and as far as I know they are the same when new. I don't know if it was an oversite by the devs, or if they are coded differently somehow. (think the oversite is more fitting- but just a guess on my part)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine the reason they don't stack is because fishing rods don't stack.

It's just a rehued rod after all and if the artwork doesn't have a stack offset for the graphic it won't be stackable.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why fish pies or the "old fish" don't stack either, for that matter...................................

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine the reason they don't stack is because fishing rods don't stack.

It's just a rehued rod after all and if the artwork doesn't have a stack offset for the graphic it won't be stackable.
Is it hard to change the graphic to stackable???

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it hard to change the graphic to stackable???
I don't know for sure, but I 'think' it's just a matter of adding a number to the offset value. But then I don't know if that means they need to patch the entire artwork file or can just patch the change.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why you want collect lava fishing poles? Go use them and trash used. Cut lava fish to steaks and stack them.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why you want collect lava fishing poles? Go use them and trash used. Cut lava fish to steaks and stack them.

Short answer ?

I wanted to raise my skill as first so as to maximize the use of the fishing "special equipment" which is quite short lived....

If I raise my skill first and after that I use them, I will get the most out of them before they get worn out.

Problem is, that I get in way more poles than powerscrolls to advance my skill......

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know for sure, but I 'think' it's just a matter of adding a number to the offset value. But then I don't know if that means they need to patch the entire artwork file or can just patch the change.
Then how do you go about suggesting this or getting an answer from the devs, when they don't appear to monitor the forums, or answer pms?