• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Search Coal Armor Pieces...*updated* need gorget

• Thread starter Kratos Aurion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kratos Aurion

I know this isn't particularly the correct forum to post under (I already have a post under the GL trade forum) but I thought I might post here incase I can attract the right attention.

The other day, a fellow character of GL by the name of Mobius quit leaving his house to be free looted. During the looting, I came across a few armor boxes, some of which contained coal armor. Now what Im not sure of is if the suit was ever completed, or if someone else looted the last 3+ pieces before I found them.

In the wrong hands, someone might toss the armor mistakingly substituting it as shadow iron so I'd like to find the last few pieces as soon as I can.. or at least come in contact with the holders.

The pieces I currently own are:

Platemail Leggings crafted by Exaltun
Platemail Gloves crafted by Exaltun
Platemail Tunic crafted by Exaltun
Platemail Arms crafted by Exaltun
Norse Helm crafted by crafted by Exaltun

The pieces I'm seeking are:

Platemail Gorget crafted by Exaltun

And anything else coal crafted that may have been apart of the suit.

If anyone has any information, please post or notify/PM me thanks

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Reminds me of Exultus *weep* lol Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

ill need it! *sigh*

G

Some of those items can be dyed with the black tok dye, so careful its hard to tell the difference these days.

I

imported_Lightning

I have an entire coal plate suit somewhere.. not sure who it was made by. I brought it over from Sonoma probably 8 years ago.... What are these things even selling for? I've kept it cause i'm a pack rat - but it's always seemed like a waste of lockdown space to me...

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Some of those items can be dyed with the black tok dye, so careful its hard to tell the difference these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe TOK dye is darker than coal. Not sure on it Ill have to check it out..

<blockquote><hr>

I have an entire coal plate suit somewhere.. not sure who it was made by. I brought it over from Sonoma probably 8 years ago.... What are these things even selling for? I've kept it cause i'm a pack rat - but it's always seemed like a waste of lockdown space to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends! the beauty of rares

Coal suits vary from 20m-50/70m

factors that determine the value are:

-how recent was the coal armor made? [Exceptional] vs Exceptional
-is the entire suit created by 1 person (or named at all?)
-is the entire suit a single type of armor or assorted pieces that fit?

etc. If you wanna meet up later I could probably give you an approximate value on your suit

I

imported_Lightning

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe TOK dye is darker than coal. Not sure on it Ill have to check it out..

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends! the beauty of rares

Coal suits vary from 20m-50/70m

factors that determine the value are:

-how recent was the coal armor made? [Exceptional] vs Exceptional
-is the entire suit created by 1 person (or named at all?)
-is the entire suit a single type of armor or assorted pieces that fit?

etc. If you wanna meet up later I could probably give you an approximate value on your suit

[/ QUOTE ]

I may just take you up on that. I'm pretty sure it's [Exceptional] and all one type of suit. I'll see if I can find it.. it's either in a bank box of one of my 18 characters, or lost in one of my houses lol.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time for some fun facts, shall we?!

Tokuno shadow dancer dye is indeed the same shade as coal!

Coal armor was made no longer craftable with the new blacksmithy menus, with you no longer being able to target the type of ingot you wish to use, it was unmakeable thereafter.

If you have a shade of black that does not match shadow iron, or coal, it may just be NPC armor. (and be careful about buying such items, we all know what happened the year I turned 21)

If anybody needs help identifying anything, PM me. I've got the eyes.

Shin, check with Evista and his museum, he has all his armor set up on vendors, and I know he has quite a bit of coal, you may find something you need. If you'd like a rune, find me.

D

DougAlmighty13

As far as the Tok dye vs real coal, keep in mind you cannot dye a normal piece of armor with tok dye, only enhanced or artifact armors. Therefore it would say something like "Valorite Plate Armor", then look like coal. Real coal armor just says what type of armor, not the ore type, as it was coded same as iron armor. Just keep an eye out, and you'll be fine.

G

Score one for Dougie. He is correct only magic or enhanced items can be dyed with Tokuno dyes. Whereas true coal armor has the same resists as normal Iron plate and no mods.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

As far as the Tok dye vs real coal, keep in mind you cannot dye a normal piece of armor with tok dye, only enhanced or artifact armors. Therefore it would say something like "Valorite Plate Armor", then look like coal. Real coal armor just says what type of armor, not the ore type, as it was coded same as iron armor. Just keep an eye out, and you'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

aye, big bertha helped me get 2 out of the 3 pieces I needed

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Time for some fun facts, shall we?!

Tokuno shadow dancer dye is indeed the same shade as coal!

Coal armor was made no longer craftable with the new blacksmithy menus, with you no longer being able to target the type of ingot you wish to use, it was unmakeable thereafter.

If you have a shade of black that does not match shadow iron, or coal, it may just be NPC armor. (and be careful about buying such items, we all know what happened the year I turned 21)

If anybody needs help identifying anything, PM me. I've got the eyes.

Shin, check with Evista and his museum, he has all his armor set up on vendors, and I know he has quite a bit of coal, you may find something you need. If you'd like a rune, find me.

[/ QUOTE ]

my eyes are younger thereful they see more

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, you're both wrong and right in that situation. If you had say, a heart of the lion platemail chest dyed shadow dancer black, unfortunately with imprisoned dogs it was therefore possible to duplicate that, creating a "platemail tunic" and not a replica heart of the lion.

But yes, you are correct it would yeild a type of metal dull copper through valorite label if it isn't coal.

And Shin, you callin' me old?! lol I might not have my glasses on but I can tell anything from anything when it comes to coal and evil mage!

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

And Shin, you callin' me old?! lol I might not have my glasses on but I can tell anything from anything when it comes to coal and evil mage!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey missy!

I came seeking information not a knowledge contest ol'wise young one

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you have to remember, not a lot of people know nowadays what coal is, or know where it came from.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

And you have to remember, not a lot of people know nowadays what coal is, or know where it came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember getting coal ore as a christmas present one year (much better than the lame crap they do now). I think people horded it all and made suits.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember getting coal ore as a christmas present one year (much better than the lame crap they do now). I think people horded it all and made suits.

[/ QUOTE ]

the jist of it. People who were mean (bad karma) got naughty bags with coal and they figured out it was smeltable. So in turn of getting something totally useless, they instead got something of great value