• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Memory of Sheri Stout (OSI Revenue Services)

• Thread starter imported_Joshua Rowan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Joshua Rowan

We just recieved the following sad news from the folks over at OSI. Our hearts and prayers go out to the friends and family of Sheri, especially to her husband and son....

<blockquote>
Origin Systems lost a very special person, along with two of her close friends, this weekend in a tragic car crash. Sheri Stout, who worked in the Revenue Services department at OSI, was a bright light to those who worked with her. She was a positive, cheerful person and a good worker, having been nominated several times for employee of the month. Our hearts are breaking for her family, and we will all miss her dearly.

Thank you, Sheri. We're all so very sad that you're gone. OSI, and Ultima Online, won't be the same without you.
</blockquote>
You can also read more about this tragedy at the Statesman's website:

http://www.statesman.com/metrostate/content/auto/epaper/editions/monday/metro_state_f38b08a8b15651ff0034.html

Part of the article includes this very touching comment from Sheri's husband:
<blockquote>
Brandon Stout, Sheri's husband, said Sunday that Sheri, 23, loved their son, Kaden, 4, very much.

"I want everyone to know that he is going to grow up knowing how much his mother loved him," Stout said. "She was so beautiful, and now I am going to have to tell him that he isn't going to ever see her again."
</blockquote>

M

Morgaine_UXO

I have a 3-year old son myself, and I can't even imagine how hard this must be for Sheri's husband and son.

It's easy to lose track of what's really important in life until something like this happens so close to you, and you realize just how precious your family and friends are. I can't even express how sad I am for her family, and for our customer support groups downstairs.

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

This is indeed so very sad. God Bless her, and God Bless the husband and son she left behind.

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/sad.gif

G

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends and to OSI for the loss of a loved one. Didn't know her, but ya' don't have to know someone to mourn their loss.

Stay strong Mr. Brandon. My eyes water up every time I read your statement. My best wishes are with you and your son.

G

23 is far too young... I don't know what else to say except that I hope for the best for her husband and son. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like for the both of them...

You're certainly right, Amy, this sure does put things into perspective, doesn't it?

:-(

M

Mage Falstaff

On behalf of my daughter and I, we would like to send your our condolences. Even though your son has lost his mother, she is always with him.

I am speaking from experience. My daughter lost her mother in a fire this spring. In the space of two weeks, she lost her mom, her possessions and had to move 1000 miles away from her friends. At any age, a difficult time for any person. But for a young girl of 13, even more so. Raising a child in circumstances such as these require a lot of the remaining parent. The biggest question my daughter had was "Why?".

Hang in there and just take each and every day and do the best you can. Easy words to say, but hard at times to do. Be active in your son's life. Do your best not to miss a moment. In my opinion, it is the fact that I was active in my daughter's life that helped make her transition easier. She had two parents that, even though they could keep a marriage going, loved her very much.

You and your son will be in our prayers. We hope for the best for both of you.

S

_Sun_

My condolences to the surviving family.

Nothing we do can stop the hurt from losing a loved one. I only hope that this memorial can ease some of the pain.

S

Slacktard

I read this initially the other day in the Austin American Statesman and it was even more saddening the second time.
It's a tragedy when this ever happens but it's worse still when it is young people just beginning their careers and families.
My heart and condolences goes out to all family memebers involved because most of us know what it is like to lose someone so close to us unexpectedly.
I am truly sorry for your loss.
J Munoz
Austin TX.

A

Aboo

What a terrible thing to happen. My prayers are with the Stout family.

I

IForgot

I know several people that work at osi but she is not one of them
However I have heard much in the way of good things about her And from it all I can honestly say that she will be missed a whole lot /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

May she soar with the eagles and dance with the stars
may her family know that she is watching over them from way way afar

K

keven1

Our hearts go out to you on this tragic event, we pray that God will hold you in his arms through out this sad time.
We didn't know Sheri but what we read she was a person we would have enjoyed calling a friend.
May you always know that your friends seen and unseen have you all in our thoughts.
Love
Keven &amp; Brenda

I

imported_Poof

I just wanted to stop by to say that I feel awful....
I have spoken with Sheri on many occasions and she was a kind and considerate person. My heart goes out to her husband and child. I was absolutely shocked to see that this had happened. I dont know how many people will post here that actually had contact with Sheri as I did but I hope that some do. My thoughts are with the staff that worked with her as I know them all and my prayers are for relief and comfort for her family.

Poof of RPGTradespot

R

Rose Cotton

My prayers are with the family and friends of all those who lost their lives in the car crashes. God bless.

J

jat

To Sheri's family, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. There must be a party in Heaven tonight with those precious women that were loved so dearly up there with Him.

Keep stong Brandon and make sure that your son knows that his mother loved him. I know it will be hard but you have to do it for him. Take it one day at a time and look to God for answers when you feel down.

She will be missed...

T

Trimana

My heart goes out to Sheri and her husband and child. I can't imagine what everyone at Origin is feeling right now... I know how difficult it is to accept the loss of a friend.

Your memories will remain with us forever, as will your spirit.

Trimana
Austin, TX

G

My heart goes out to those that knew and loved Sheri.
Nothing can ease the pain at this time, but always try to remember that she is still here with you and always will be. She is part of you and part of everything.
Blessed Be,
Fabienne

And to Mage Flastaff,
I am also sorry to hear the loss that you and your daughter suffered. Please know you are in my thoughts as well.
Bright Blessings.

N

Nevermore

What an absolutely tragic incident. I think I can honestly say that everyone's thoughts and prayers are with her husband and son. I know I will say a prayer for all involved in this horrible event, both victims and families.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very sorry for the loss of Sheri and the other women in the car with her.

Life can be such a fleeting gift. Gone, far too soon in a single moment of misfortune that can never be reversed. We should treasure the moments that we have and the love memory of those who have none. We should tell those we love that we treasure the moments they have shared with us because we can never know when a last moment will pass.

E

Einstein

I am sad to hear of this tragic accident. And I am sad on the behalf of her husband and son - they lost the most precious thing in thier life.

His situation reminds me of one of my favorite songs, Ricky Van Shelton's 'Keep it between the lines'.... He's gonna have lot of hard times raising his son alone, so God be with him.

God bless her husband and her son.

S

Sten Hunter

<center>

They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

</center>
Sheri, we will all miss you very much. You brought light into our hearts whenever you were near. We will always remember the great times we all shared and keep a piece of you with us always.