• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In-Game Systems being considered

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So I was just wondering if others were having questions about systems being developed for the game as well as I had a couple questions in this re-guard. For instance:

Is there a weather system being considered for the game?
Is there a night/day cycle that is being considered for the game?
I was told there is housing or farming being considered, can the devs verify this?

Are there other systems folks are interested in seeing in game or do the devs have other systems they are currently considering or would like to see? Just interested what systems we "possibly" can look forward too or what systems other community members would like to see.

*Edit* - I just forgot to mention, I find this game very immersive. The only other games I have ever found this immersive is old school games like AC1, DAoC, EQ and most of those, if not all of them had weather affects and a day night cycle. These really helped with immersion because when it suddenly started to rain, or it was extremely dark or even when the light from the moon lit the world in a very "spooky" way, it just made everything feel more alive. In that vein I think these systems would absolutely be worthwhile for Project:Gorgon to persue, but that's just a personal preference. Whats you preference devs?

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Yep, we plan to have weather and a day/night cycle. For day/night, it's not as easy as it once was, given the complexities of modern lighting (and the desire to look good on high end machines, but work okay on low end machines), but we're getting there.

Weather has had some performance problems but the bigger issue is a peeve of mine -- in the newer versions of the Unity graphics engine, particles are glitching through ceilings. Hopefully they get this figured out soon, or else I'll have to spend a long time on a work-around. (You can see what I mean if you visit Kur Mountains -- even indoors, there are occasional rivulets of snow that somehow get through the ceiling... that's a bug in the game engine that showed up a few versions ago. It annoys me a lot as it really breaks immersion.)

Those are just technical issues that I'm sure we'll find answers to -- we've found answers to much harder problems! -- so we'll eventually have those systems in game. Just not sure on the time line.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yep, we plan to have weather and a day/night cycle. For day/night, it's not as easy as it once was, given the complexities of modern lighting (and the desire to look good on high end machines, but work okay on low end machines), but we're getting there.

Weather has had some performance problems but the bigger issue is a peeve of mine -- in the newer versions of the Unity graphics engine, particles are glitching through ceilings. Hopefully they get this figured out soon, or else I'll have to spend a long time on a work-around. (You can see what I mean if you visit Kur Mountains -- even indoors, there are occasional rivulets of snow that somehow get through the ceiling... that's a bug in the game engine that showed up a few versions ago. It annoys me a lot as it really breaks immersion.)

Those are just technical issues that I'm sure we'll find answers to -- we've found answers to much harder problems! -- so we'll eventually have those systems in game. Just not sure on the time line.
Wonderful! I absolutely understand issues with the game engine, technical issues and having the time to get it all done. Just wanted to know if they were planned, this is great news for me! If there are any other systems I can think of I will definitely post them up here asking, but just knowing that they are being worked on at some point is great.

Keep up the great work, Loving this game!