• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In-Game Store Has Been Unavailable for Several Days Now

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As the title suggest, the In-game store has now been unavailable for 2-3 days and we are now into a holiday weekend. I can't imagine they would be doing store maintenance over a holiday (or for several days) without notice.

@Bleak @Kyronix is this intentional or is the store having issues currently? Got all these shiny sovereigns to spend...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As the title suggest, the In-game store has now been unavailable for 2-3 days and we are now into a holiday weekend. I can't imagine they would be doing store maintenance over a holiday (or for several days) without notice.

@Bleak @Kyronix is this intentional or is the store having issues currently? Got all these shiny sovereigns to spend...
Store is working fine for me, i just bought some haochi's pigments. you may need to Hide the character. i have some that cannot open it unless they have hidden for two minutes. it's like a mongbat has looked at them crosseyed and put them in HOB

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are in a safe logout site like your house, an inn, or a tavern right?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's funny how it works... Haven't been able to access the store for the last 2 days on several accounts, but after making this post the store is now working fine :p

So either super fast dev response, or just some weird glitch I guess...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never understood how they designed it that you can only access it on a handful of spots, not when a mongbat hit you a minute ago, etc. etc.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've bought tokens a 2 per day for the last 3 days.
No problem at my end....
...i'm gonna go with Lore and say "user error"

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to say bu, . . . feature of the game that causes it to think that some characters are constantly in HOB. That or i'll go with the Phoenix is getting it's revenge

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendor search is constantly broken, MyUO only updates when we poke a dev, Devs are quite often just picking up older things after it went viral on Stratics, we had chars with bugged LMC, people have to kill themselfs to get out of stuck situations, etc. etc.

I objectively see no reason to not believe the OP over a constantly broken game.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never understood how they designed it that you can only access it on a handful of spots, not when a mongbat hit you a minute ago, etc. etc.
It was designed to be accessed in a safe logout zone. Likely this was to prevent someone spending sovereigns on an item only to have transaction glitched due to dying in the middle of it. Imagine buying something only to die and have it drop on your corpse and decay. It's a simple safeguard and it isn't very difficult on the player's part to find an inn, a tavern, or your own house to use it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm going with it's broken been broken.... I have one character, a crafter no less, who doesn't fight anything... who is completely blocked from using the store and has been for months... while many other characters who do fight.... have no problems at all.

I have characters that transfer shards that can access the store but not my crafter.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was designed to be accessed in a safe logout zone. Likely this was to prevent someone spending sovereigns on an item only to have transaction glitched due to dying in the middle of it. Imagine buying something only to die and have it drop on your corpse and decay. It's a simple safeguard and it isn't very difficult on the player's part to find an inn, a tavern, or your own house to use it.
I think a better design would have been that you can't lose items bought with money. Only they took the quickest path, limiting it to a handful of locations and making players go through hoops to spent money. It's not my money, and probably Broadsword thinks the same regarding EA(?), but I don't think that's some good business practice there..

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a better design would have been that you can't lose items bought with money. Only they took the quickest path, limiting it to a handful of locations and making players go through hoops to spent money. It's not my money, and probably Broadsword thinks the same regarding EA(?), but I don't think that's some good business practice there..
While you are at it EA, don't make us jump through hoops. Let us click the mining skill and get ingots while sitting in our house. It is too hard to walk alongside the mountains just as it is too hard to walk to an inn or tavern.

/end sarcasm

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While you are at it EA, don't make us jump through hoops. Let us click the mining skill and get ingots while sitting in our house. It is too hard to walk alongside the mountains just as it is too hard to walk to an inn or tavern.

/end sarcasm
Well, the point I am trying to bring across: Every click and every minute it takes to get to the store is making them lose sales. Is it 0.1%, 1% or 5%? Nobody of us knows, but on the other hand it would be naive to think they don't lose any sales from it.

That's not the case with mining...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the point I am trying to bring across: Every click and every minute it takes to get to the store is making them lose sales. Is it 0.1%, 1% or 5%? Nobody of us knows, but on the other hand it would be naive to think they don't lose any sales from it.

That's not the case with mining...
On the other hand, they may lose even more sales and subs if bugs arise due to a death during a transaction. Being a programmer myself, I know people have these crazy expectations about how programs should work but sometimes there are constraints which prevent easy solutions to meet their expectations. Having to add to 20 years of spaghetti code from different teams, I can only imagine how difficult that must be. So don't be naive in thinking that doing it how you see fit is the proper way to do it. There are variables you and I are not aware of.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@petemage it was quickly discovered that your character is hidden and invulnerable when the store is accessed. im not sure how, or why, but that was how it was designed. it would have been abused in both pvp and pvm, so thats when they changed it to safe logout location only.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the other hand, they may lose even more sales and subs if bugs arise due to a death during a transaction. Being a programmer myself, I know people have these crazy expectations about how programs should work but sometimes there are constraints which prevent easy solutions to meet their expectations. Having to add to 20 years of spaghetti code from different teams, I can only imagine how difficult that must be. So don't be naive in thinking that doing it how you see fit is the proper way to do it. There are variables you and I are not aware of.
I see your point and thanks for trying to bring this across to me. I can totally agree that its not black and white and that we don't know half of the full story. But I also still believe it should be accessible in more places, like trammel town centers/banks, to start with an easy one.

@petemage it was quickly discovered that your character is hidden and invulnerable when the store is accessed. im not sure how, or why, but that was how it was designed. it would have been abused in both pvp and pvm, so thats when they changed it to safe logout location only.
That makes sense, thanks for enlighting me there :) Must have totally missed that back than..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My experience is that it's not bugged, but it is highly sensitive. When it's greyed out for me I look around for the cause, often it's something simple like a corpser locked on my character outside the house, moving to a bank and waiting a minute or two usually allows me to access it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My experience is that it's not bugged, but it is highly sensitive. When it's greyed out for me I look around for the cause, often it's something simple like a corpser locked on my character outside the house, moving to a bank and waiting a minute or two usually allows me to access it.
Sitting in my house... Just logged in... 3rd floor... there are NO nearby mobs... Can't access the store... Same character week later ...... log in still can't access the store...

There is NO reason for my character NOT to be able to access the store... most my other characters can access it just fine from the same place in the same room of my house. But not my crafter... he can't use the store at all.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sitting in my house... Just logged in... 3rd floor... there are NO nearby mobs... Can't access the store... Same character week later ...... log in still can't access the store...

There is NO reason for my character NOT to be able to access the store... most my other characters can access it just fine from the same place in the same room of my house. But not my crafter... he can't use the store at all.
You need to sacrifice two goats and pig at midnight in yew. then you may access the store.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have this issue occasionally when I log in. Usually moving around, going to a bank, etc and trying again after a few minutes the character will eventually access the store.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
He hasn't been able to access the store for months... no matter how long he's logged in what house he's in what facet he's on... it makes no difference my Crafter is banned somehow from the store.... it always tells me it's unavailable at this time on him... Don't really have the issue on any other character just my main crafter. Don't know why, don't know what he did or anything... just fails every time.

Adrahil

Adventurer
I own a house almost on top of a Ranger hut outside Skara Brae. If I am in the front of the house, city music plays and I can not always access the in game shop. If I stand in the back of the house, I have no issues with the in game shop. Maybe your are near a guard zone or the like?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I own a house almost on top of a Ranger hut outside Skara Brae. If I am in the front of the house, city music plays and I can not always access the in game shop. If I stand in the back of the house, I have no issues with the in game shop. Maybe your are near a guard zone or the like?
I'm a screen or two from the Yew Gate in Tram... don't think I'm in a GZ... But maybe the OP is... weird