• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Improved and wrecked T hunting !

quadspeed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara and Mapper ! in my opinion you have done great by introducing guardians to T-Hunting! just done a lv 6 and had 6 of them ! also changes to make lp is good ! and improving peace/provo chances ! and of course loot has needed upgrading for last ten years!ppl been complaning for ever! but why oh why - would you introduce the need for mining (yawns) and soulstoning skills so to drop cartog or lockpick ! and attain mining - which is needed so can dig up chest within 4 tiles ! please ,please go back to rune library method!am doing better at digging chests thanks to Mappers thread for cartography map! and Petafydes magnifier ! http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/ Tanis!

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara and Mapper ! in my opinion you have done great by introducing guardians to T-Hunting! just done a lv 6 and had 6 of them ! also changes to make lp is good ! and improving peace/provo chances ! and of course loot has needed upgrading for last ten years!ppl been complaning for ever! but why oh why - would you introduce the need for mining (yawns) and soulstoning skills so to drop cartog or lockpick ! and attain mining - which is needed so can dig up chest within 4 tiles ! please ,please go back to rune library method!am doing better at digging chests thanks to Mappers thread for cartography map! and Petafydes magnifier ! http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/ Tanis!
Agreed... I can actually say I hate the change for random locations... for me there is no fun, excitement, enjoyment of trying to get the right location where the map is... the whole fun for treashure hunting for me is working the spawn, and the mobs that come while looting.. absolutly no enjoyment trying to dig everywhere to find the chest... was the rune library outdated?, needs more locations in differnt areas, sure.. OK with that... but random is just annoying..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara and Mapper? To the best of my knowledge they don't work for EA!

G

GreekHero

I do not understand you guys. I was complaining about getting mining only because I had fishing on my character (complete t-hunter, fisherman). What kind of half-ass templates you guys run to stone lockpicking or cartography??? I mean seriously? I thought a t-hunter is a single character that can COMPLETE any chest SOLO (and no for lvl 6's I bring a friend). I mean if this is the way you guys play UO then let's see, I can dig up chest with char 1, provo guardians with char 2, then get my tamer to kill individual spawn... Are you guys serious????? No wonder everyone is crying for the new loot. Cause probably takes 30 minutes to complete a chest (like trying to solo navrey with a mage and the rocks....) I mean for old t-hunters like me the new loot is extremely good (at least the cash). Go back to 2002-2004 to see what crappy loot really means. The new changes are good. Could use a little bit more improvement but please do not expect ornies to fall every 3rd chest. By recalling to the bank of every city or using a library for the islands you are maybe what, 2 minutes running to the treasure spot? With mining it takes what, max 10 minutes finding the spot? (My average is 2-3 minutes). Enough said.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara and Mapper? To the best of my knowledge they don't work for EA!
I'm afraid that information is classified. :p

But Quad, I really like the changes too! However I am simply a moderator of this forum and cannot take such credit for an amazing update. :D

F

Fink

I struggle a little with no mining, but it's really no different from those few dud runes in that seemed to get into the T-hunter libraries. The EC atlas set to square orientation is a very good match for the maps and makes short work of locating them. When the devs mentioned a treasure chest revamp and most people went "ooh loot", I knew there'd be a trade-off with random locations.

Besides which, it's treasure hunting, not treasure finding. You shouldn't just stumble over the goods like doom thieves. Locations should be random, you don't stash your treasure where everyone knows it will be.

I've always felt mining was a queer choice for a supporting skill for the profession. Finding ore where you happen to be standing is a whole other thing (more or less the opposite) to deciphering a map and using landmarks, co-ordinates, etc determine an exact location of a large chest.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its fine - i solo lvl 6 all the time. just have to dig up chest with mining + cart and run away back to house and take off those skills and put on skills i need to kill.
spawn i pull 1-2 of them 1 screen away to kill off a few at a time. not so hard to do.
the reward is so high now its uncanny.

Lorddog

D

DLBarbar

... The EC atlas set to square orientation is a very good match for the maps and makes short work of locating them. ...
I spent a few minutes looking through the options the other day, and could find nothing related to this. How does one go about realigning the atlas?

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL they make a change to put the Hunting back into Treasure Hunting and someone wants it to go back to the old rune library system. Just lazy in my opinion.

I've actually had no problem finding the chests. The only time I have a problem is when the chest is in a jungle area. Just gets a bit fiddly then.

And instead of zooming in, as I use the Classic Client, I zoom UO Cartographer map out to 50%, this matches the ratio of the t-map and I can usually hit the spot within the first few attempts.

I stone Cartography off if its a map I've decoded. Can still complete the map without it if I've decoded.

naturally I have to keep Cartography on if I'm doing a map decoded by someone else.