• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Improperly Placed" Question

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I placed a Keep back in December. Someone owned an 18x18 behind it which fell just a couple of weeks ago and I decided to move my 18x18 storage house so that it occupied the recently vacated spot.

I just noticed that my Keep is now "improperly placed". I have never owned an improperly placed house before so I had some questions. Doing some reading it looks like being improperly placed doesn't really affect anything unless I try to demolish and replace the Keep in future, in which case it wouldn't work (possibly for resizing but I can think of no other reason).

Are there any other drawbacks to being improperly placed?

Why would placing a legal house behind another cause one of them to be considered improperly placed? Shouldn't the placement rules keep this from happening?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No drawbacks other than if it falls you may not be able to replace it there.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What Kayhynn said, no big deal unless you try to re-place the keep. You can always re-customize the stairs of your 18x18 and it will probably make the keep 'properly placed' again. Make sure you have 5 tiles between the keep and 18x18 stairs.