• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IMPORTANT: Explain how the files work

G

Ok, when we switch from Test Center to a regular city and vice versa we have to download patches/updates. What happens each time we do this? Do the patches just keep adding on to each other or do they get uninstalled when you go from TC to another server?

I ask because I was just trying to go from TC back to DG and I got an error message that I was low on disk space and so I can't run the patch. I'm about to go uninstall some programs I have to help things out, but I am still wondering about the whole patching process.

Anyone have any other solutions?

S

Shmoo

When patching to a new version, if an existing file changed it would be overwritten. If a new one was added it would be added. When patching back, I assume the files are rewritten to their previous state. I'm not sure if any new ones are removed at that point or just made inactive.

Hopefully Tigger or someone will correct me if this info is wrong.

G

They get overwritten but it will take up the space temporarily so that the files can be written.

G

Ok so it's not just contiuously adding on and on. That's a relief.

Thankfully I managed to patch and get back into DG. That's the main thing I was concerned about.

S

Sabra

well, they keep getting overwritten when you are switching from TC to another city. But for the updates to a new version on all cities, then it adds on i believe.