• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Impermissible Items (from recent transfer) any fixes?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there anyway to get the items fixed to be allowed to be placed on vendors? None of the items were duped, even some of the items are new picks from the minax artifacts. I know there is a current bug but after transferring over 300 cloth items (which were all able to be vendored before transfer) well over 50% now can not be vendored. I paged a GM and their response was to send an email to the dev team. What a pain in the butt, anyone have any quick fixes? I tried the put items in bank box and open a new xfer token window than cancel and that didn't work (do not know if it ever did fix the issues)

Thanks in advance to anyone that has an answer.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! Okay, I feel stupid not knowing this, but there is so much stuff that was added since I returned to college. I either have forgotten about them, not gotten use to them or don't know about them. :dunce: Thank you so much Armani for the clarification.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only way to fix it is to email mesanna. they get stuck like that sometimes.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hundreds of shard shield xfers. Literally tens of thousands of items transferred.

Never once has a single items become non-vendorable, except a couple items I bought off players
that were never on a vendor in the 1st place (I trusted them when they said "yea its vendorable").

I'm curious under what conditions this non-vendorable "bug" happened to you? You had 300 cloth
items that you personally tried on a vendor before you xferred? I find that hard to believe, sorry.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hundreds of shard shield xfers. Literally tens of thousands of items transferred.

Never once has a single items become non-vendorable, except a couple items I bought off players
that were never on a vendor in the 1st place (I trusted them when they said "yea its vendorable").

I'm curious under what conditions this non-vendorable "bug" happened to you? You had 300 cloth
items that you personally tried on a vendor before you xferred? I find that hard to believe, sorry.
I've done tons of shard shield xfers to, never had an item turn un-vendorable that I know of (most of my xfers are for other people so I can never test the items).It might only happen with real transfer tokens or something, the OP said over 300 items so I assume it was a real transfer token since shard shields can only take 300 items at the most plus the paperdoll.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive had items go impermissable from shard shield tokens. as much as duping harms the game, this bug is really unacceptable and cuases untold harm to legitimate players. very random items from old exceptional stuff, to deco rocks, to arties.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

If you would have read my post correctly I said I transferred 300 cloth items and roughly half cannot be vendored. I have had most of the items in my possession for many years. I have transferred most of these items from various shards before without ever having issues.

They were not all cloth but most were clothing articles. It was a real transfer token, not a shard shield. Transferred from my house on Sonoma to Atlantic. The items that were affected were the following:

(18) old "Of Exceptional Quality" Clothing
(11) old "of Exceptional Quality" Armor pieces
(9) old "[exceptional]" tagged Clothing
(6) old "(blessed) [exceptional]" tagged Clothing
(6) old "(blessed)" tagged Clothing
(4) EM cloth items A Rescued Wizards Hat, Vesper Pest Control Team Shirt and more
(2) Conjurs Garb with luck
(4) Minax Items including a dress, hooded shroud and ringmail tunic and more
(8) Older slime dyed artifacts including HOM, Crimson Cincture and Burglars Bandana
(12) Soulstone fragment tokens
(10) Bless Deeds

Just to name the items that were in my bank box. I do not know if it was a case of something happened with my certain transfer or if its due to the items I have transfered.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive heard that multiple transfers increases likelyhood of breaking.

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
defo taken items off of my own vendor on one shard that weren't selling then xfered to atl only to have them become impermissible.. More than once and always an item I took off my own vendor or bought from others vendors. Most times it doesn't happen but when it does it sucks bad. GM never have fixed it for me or anyone I know although people like to say they will in gen chat on atl-they don't for me. Mesanna has fixed mine and other peoples items I know of several times. I would think that's getting annoying as crap for her by now so I cant imagine why that isn't a top priority fix by now just for how much of her own personal time is wasted fixing our items. Here's hoping we get that fix soon pretty pretty please dev team we just wanna be able to xfer our legit items nice an safely and considering u charge us real cash for tokens to do that u should make it safe for us.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't had this happen in quite some time, I xferred about 40 slithers, medusa tiles, & venoms to Atlantic, once, and 1/40 became non-vendorable (this was a couple years ago), I haven't had any issues since. - All the items were farmed myself.

defo taken items off of my own vendor on one shard that weren't selling then xfered to atl only to have them become impermissible.. More than once and always an item I took off my own vendor or bought from others vendors.
There you have it, It very well could have been the slither I was going to sell on LS before I xferred it to Atl.
Maybe any item that was once placed on a vendor, then removed or perhaps a change in the price, then becomes non-vendorable? more testing is needed.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happens often to me. Things ive bought of vendors on other shards, then transfered to atl for resale and i couldnt vendor it. I have a nice big box of the items that i have to have a gm come by to fix each item individually.

I will say this in all caps to make it more significant. :)

THE NON-VENDORABLE THING IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS IVE SEEN UO DO. THE SPHYNX!!!! THE NUMBER ONE MOST OBVIOUS DUPE IN THE GAME IS VENDORABLE. THE ITEM WAS A 1 OF 1 AND GOT DUPED TO HELL, EVERY SINGLE ONE I HAVE GOTTEN HAS BEEN VENDORABLE.

The rule is dumb and it should be taken away. Yet another rule UO tried to put in place to hurt the cheaters that hurt actual players more.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The non-vendorable patch seemed to work for about 2 days, then completely backfired like so many other things have before it. Loopholes were found instantly, normal items began turning non-vendorable, people started to get accused of being dupers while selling non-vendorable items in general chat, rares weren't included when there are many rares that all have to be dupes that weren't even touched. There was only one non replica LT sash originally, now there's probably over a thousand, yet the system counts them all as vendorable lol. It was a good try, but at this point every actual duper probably already knows how to get around it anyway, making it a rule with zero benefits and a whole lot of risks for normal players.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The non-vendorable patch seemed to work for about 2 days, then completely backfired like so many other things have before it. Loopholes were found instantly, normal items began turning non-vendorable, people started to get accused of being dupers while selling non-vendorable items in general chat, rares weren't included when there are many rares that all have to be dupes that weren't even touched. There was only one non replica LT sash originally, now there's probably over a thousand, yet the system counts them all as vendorable lol. It was a good try, but at this point every actual duper probably already knows how to get around it anyway, making it a rule with zero benefits and a whole lot of risks for normal players.
How can you put the patch's efficacy at 2 days? What do you know that would illustrate "loopholes were found instantly"?? Please share:popcorn:.

Almost immediately folks started up on Stratics abt their honestly gotten items being wrongly marked. I'm reminded of the web campaign many cheaters bombarded Stratics with when talk of incorporating PunkBuster happened. UO folded on that hand (HUGE mistake) but kudos to them for playing this hand out :thumbup:.

people started to get accused of being dupers while selling non-vendorable items in general chat
Maybe because its the only place dupers can sell items in game anymore? Seems perfectly logical that people would be accused of this since its where the bulk of duped items are sold while logged into the game. Chat is where I got 3 duped items (non-vendorable) & one of the players even laughed later and admitted it after promising me it could be vendored :lie:.
The rule is dumb and it should be taken away. Yet another rule UO tried to put in place to hurt the cheaters that hurt actual players more.
Cheaters are actual players and seem to comprise of a large percentage of UO's population. This is fairly common knowledge.

I can only speak from my personal experience. It is what forms everyone's individual opinions.o.0
(in caps to make it more significant)

TENS OF THOUSANDS OF ITEMS TRANSFERRED AND NOT A SINGLE ITEM TRANSFERRED BECAME UN-VENDORABLE
BESIDE A GLADIATOR'S COLLAR, A TANGLE, AND 1 EVENT ITEM ALL BOUGHT IN CHAT.
(the seller of the Glad Collar(replica) later admitted he bought it from a certain website and it was indeed duped ).

Rather than see the patch removed, I would love to see more action taken. Delete all the Sphynx and ban person that had it right before all the dupes showed up? If there was only one and there are hundreds now, its pretty damn obvious who duped it right? Who cares if some glitterball gets removed from the game. It causes no game play issues and sends a message to those buying uber rares with duped gold so they can dupe the rares to sell for more gold:pie:.

I would encourage EA/UO to take more steps in the direction of trying to clean up this game:thumbsup: than reversing direction due to player pressure.
Haters gonna hate :)

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did a transfer with about 40ish items. 2 potted plants and 1 gift box became non-vendorable. they were moved between 5 shards total before arriving on atlantic. No, i did not "test" them all before the transfer, so yes its a possibility (albeit unlikely) that they popped into my pack off the statue that way. Either way its an unacceptable bug.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How can you put the patch's efficacy at 2 days? What do you know that would illustrate "loopholes were found instantly"?? Please share:popcorn:.

Almost immediately folks started up on Stratics abt their honestly gotten items being wrongly marked. I'm reminded of the web campaign many cheaters bombarded Stratics with when talk of incorporating PunkBuster happened. UO folded on that hand (HUGE mistake) but kudos to them for playing this hand out :thumbup:.

Maybe because its the only place dupers can sell items in game anymore? Seems perfectly logical that people would be accused of this since its where the bulk of duped items are sold while logged into the game. Chat is where I got 3 duped items (non-vendorable) & one of the players even laughed later and admitted it after promising me it could be vendored :lie:.

Cheaters are actual players and seem to comprise of a large percentage of UO's population. This is fairly common knowledge.

I can only speak from my personal experience. It is what forms everyone's individual opinions.o.0
(in caps to make it more significant)

TENS OF THOUSANDS OF ITEMS TRANSFERRED AND NOT A SINGLE ITEM TRANSFERRED BECAME UN-VENDORABLE
BESIDE A GLADIATOR'S COLLAR, A TANGLE, AND 1 EVENT ITEM ALL BOUGHT IN CHAT.
(the seller of the Glad Collar(replica) later admitted he bought it from a certain website and it was indeed duped ).

Rather than see the patch removed, I would love to see more action taken. Delete all the Sphynx and ban person that had it right before all the dupes showed up? If there was only one and there are hundreds now, its pretty damn obvious who duped it right? Who cares if some glitterball gets removed from the game. It causes no game play issues and sends a message to those buying uber rares with duped gold so they can dupe the rares to sell for more gold:pie:.

I would encourage EA/UO to take more steps in the direction of trying to clean up this game:thumbsup: than reversing direction due to player pressure.
Haters gonna hate :)

The problem with that, is that when people dupe 1/1 items they almost never are dumb enough to keep the original in their possession. They dupe like 300 of them or whatever number, sell the original 1/1 item to someone else for many billions while hiding the boxes of duped ones. Then they just sit around for a couple weeks or even months, the original 1/1 is usually sold at least one more time during that time. They then release their hundreds of duped ones onto the market, which destroys the original and whoever is unfortunate enough to own it at the time gets screwed. So with your plan, whoever owns it right before the hundreds of duped ones show up should be banned even though they are completely innocent in almost all cases? It is just not that simple.

As for how I know about the loopholes being found within 2 days, that would be because people started posting the loopholes as their icq statuses and mass messaging people on how to get around the system during the 2nd day. The largest loophole was the one allowing duped transfer tokens, and pretty much all other tokens to be un-duped in less than 5 seconds causing them to be vendorable again.

Since you immediately jumped on the "everyone selling them in chat must be a duper" philosophy, you are probably one of the people I was talking about who were unfairly accusing innocent players of being dupers just because they were trying to sell their 1 or 2 items that wouldn't go on vendors in general chat. Yes, of course some people lied at the time trying to get more gold for non-vendorable items, but the majority of players said up front that their item would not go on a vendor, I saw it happen many, many times on Atlantic. Personally, I got lucky when that patch was made and only 2 of my items became non-vendorable out of all my characters. A tangle, and a staff of the magi. I didn't want anything to do with items that could have possibly been duped and were un-vendorable, because I didn't want to forget they didn't go on vendors and sell them to someone for full price later accidentally. So I gave them to someone for free.

Not everyone is as shady and corrupt as you seem to think they are.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your ICQ was blowing up with duping information from players
icq statuses and mass messaging people on how to get around the system during the 2nd day.
then I'd suggest folks are just as shady and corrupt as I seem to think they are and you know a lot more then you let on.

I'm SURE Mesanna could go back and look at the Item ID # of a 1 of 1 spawning rare and trace it, if she was so incline. In addition, the rares community is such a tight knit group that I'm sure more than a few folks know EXACTLY who owned it and probably some know who duped it. This is all academic, my point is that I'm sure if they wanted to find something out they could. So yes, I trust Mesanna and the Dev team could catch and BAN the correct person responsible regardless of his cries of innocence or how popular this person is in certain circles.

Since you immediately jumped on the "everyone selling them in chat must be a duper" philosophy, you are probably one of the people I was talking about who were unfairly accusing innocent players of being dupers just because they were trying to sell their 1 or 2 items that wouldn't go on vendors in general chat.
I am 100% certain that you have NEVER seen me in General Chat as anyone that knows me can attest, I'd rather scratch my ass with a chainsaw then go to General Chat. If I am online, I am in HELP Chat Sir. Your assumption couldn't be more wrong. Obviously there are others that feel similar to myself.

On Topic: I usually transfer from 3-5 shards at a time. Occasionally I've transferred to 12 different shards making round trips starting and ending on Atlantic. When I make my 14 shard round trip to collect my plants and friends plants (probably around 6-12 friends will be involved in this), I will gladly post exactly how many of my plants AND how many friends plants become unable to vendor. My guess is ZERO.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If your ICQ was blowing up with duping information from players
See, this is exactly what I mean. where did I say duping information? I said it was blowing up with ways to make un-vendorable items vendorable again, not dupe, just reverse what the patch did to them pretty much. Totally baseless speculation that you just automatically assume everyone was duping.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Acid Rain Just because it hasnt happen to you, doesnt mean it wont.

Take the old school potted plants. at one time i had about 1500 of them. 75ish of them were non vendorable, I had transfered these plants from various shards to acquire that large of a collection. I find it hard to believe someone actually risked getting banned to dupe potted plants...

Regardless of whether they were duped or not, lets take the actual rule into consideration. The intent seems fine, The game no longer wants to support dupes, Therefore they remove dupes from vendors.... Im sure any dupers were shivering in the corner with an immense amount of fear... lol. Ever wonder why the game just didnt delete all the dupes? if they were so sure of themselves and really didnt want to support dupes or dupers, why didnt they just remove them? Please think about that for a long while, then respond.
Why didnt the game just flat out remove the dupes. If they were so sure their dupe detection was going to be perfect why didnt they just remove all the dupes?

Perhaps it was because they didnt want to hurt the players that unknowingly purchased those dupes... or perhaps because the system is flawed and there are still dupes being sold on vendors...

I happen to think it was a combination of both. Either way, the system is flawed no matter how you look at it. They flat out cannot detect dupes or at the very least all of them. They flat out will not remove "dupes" from the game at risk of hurting those who bought them unknowingly. So the rule is pointless.

Have a good day.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well it would seem that @Acid Rain has trolled the thread and derailed it, if you want to make a thread about dupers, gold sellers and all the negatives in the game please feel free to do so. You come off very ignorant. There is obviously an issue, and yes I do not doubt some items have been duped, but aside from that you are not providing any useful information to this topic. The older Items that I have transferred have been in my possession for years, and even some were redeemed via new game methods (Minax Artifacts) and have they have become impermissible.

I appreciate the feedback so far from others, and hope @Mesanna and the dev team can look into this issue further.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Deaol I honestly just put all of them in a box, when i get enough of them i just page for a GM or i would email mesanna.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for how I know about the loopholes being found within 2 days, that would be because people started posting the loopholes as their icq statuses and mass messaging people on how to get around the system during the 2nd day. The largest loophole was the one allowing duped transfer tokens, and pretty much all other tokens to be un-duped in less than 5 seconds causing them to be vendorable again.
See, this is exactly what I mean. where did I say duping information? I said it was blowing up with ways to make un-vendorable items vendorable again, not dupe, just reverse what the patch did to them pretty much. Totally baseless speculation you that you just automatically assume everyone was duping.
Just to clarify: Players posting how to "get around the system during the 2nd day" is pretty darn clear as to what they're getting around. They are getting around duped items being non-vendorable. Don't even try to suggest by the 2nd day of the patch there was a huge list of honest players that got hit by this non-vendorable due to transfers "bug". That would be absurd:dunce:.

Not once did I say or imply that you or anyone posting here duped or sharing knowledge of ways to dupe. Public comments on your ICQ (as you posted yourself) plainly show exactly what I said, "duping information". Duping information concerning ways to get around the anti-dupe patch - "just reverse what the patch did to them pretty much."o_O

That Sir would indeed be considered "duping information" by de facto making duped items vendorable. I am done talking about this but in the future I would suggest reading your posts twice before clicking "reply". My speculation was based on your exact words and I'm sure I wasn't the only person to see that.:eyes:

The game has never supported dupes. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but "no longer" tends to suggest at one time something was acceptable. I think its fairly clear they did not delete everything duped due to the possibility of harming innocent players that made in game purchases unknowingly. I think it is fair to grandfather in some items to protect innocent players.

My useful information on this topic will be when I've finished transferring in a 14 shard circle, I will gladly post my unbiased factual findings. This may help determine how or why this "bug" may or may not be occurring. Vendorable or not, I will share the information in hopes of someone figuring out exactly what is going on. :heart:

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a box of items as well of items not allowed on vendors. ALL of these items were bought off other vendors on other shards. Why they were vendorable there and not on my home shard, I do not know. I do regular multi-shard hops as well and every single one I'm almost positive are from shard shields transfer tokens.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my opinion? transfer...It has been the ruin of uo!
i recently come back, but if i look everywhere i see duped items all around!
my opinion of course, respect!