• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Immune Pirate Ship and Crew

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I am the first to admit that I am not a big pirate hunter simple because the whole cannon supply and firing process was a huge turn off. However, I went out today to do some hunting and encountered a ship and crew that seems completely immune to physical damage. The ship took no damage from cannons and the only damage I could get the crew to take was elemental.

Common?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All the ships I ran into last night on LA were fine (was pirate hunting on LA until 2:30AM Eastern), both pirate and corrupted merchant.

The occupants typically showed little or no damage (and quickly regenerated) before reaching the first level of damage - even less than they did before the current events, and barely taking damage from there until scuttled. Except for the named captains, the crews dropped quickly on scuttling. At least the 12 to 15 cannon shots hadn't increased.

Since the coastal beacons are no longer bugged since last publish (I killed 2 last night with rewards, that didn't shoot at me after the orcs were dead - both would have been bugged before the publish), I wonder if we're back to the other half of whatever that issue was? From what I remember from earlier in the year, Every time they fixed the Beacon bug, some pirates became invulnerable - then when they fixed the pirates, the beacons became bugged again; and we went through that loop a couple times.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have run into this situation with immune Pirate ships several times in the past few years but none within the past year. I thought this was fixed for good. Hopefully, yours was just a fluke.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have encountered this a few times in Tokuno waters on Sonoma.
it usually happens when you are too close to the server line.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think that the too close to the server line "immunity" is that the pirate ship has actually crossed the line, but you haven't - so you can see it but not touch it. I've seen something similar happen with Hiryu on Isamu-Jima, when hunting lessers along the server line near the Citadel entrance, and occasionally with T-maps near server lines. If a mob crosses a server line, but is still close enough to where you should still see it, it sometimes appears to be on the line, when it's actually across it and not targetable.