• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Immolating Weapon for spellweaving clearly bugged

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Immolating Weapon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

@Kyronix @Mesanna

Immolating weapon with spellweaving is bugged. The higher your swing speed, the lower the fire damage buff is. With 120 and a level 6 and 0 swing speed, it does 23 fire damage. With 60 swing speed, it does 11. This is clearly a bug, as it is no where stated in the spell (Or on UOGuide/UOWiki) that it should be reducing.

Also, with a double strike weapon (A Katana for instance) it only procs off one one hit, not both. Hit spells and other hit effects proc on both, so why shouldn't immolating weapon?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There another bug with it to. Elves have a natural 30 points in spellweaving. When ever my Elf character tries casting Immolate Weapon it says must have 10 points in spellweaving to cast.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There another bug with it to. Elves have a natural 30 points in spellweaving. When ever my Elf character tries casting Immolate Weapon it says must have 10 points in spellweaving to cast.
Uhhh pretty sure elves don't get a "natural"/JOAT boost to spellweaving. They need real skills

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They dont have Joat, but do have racial ability with Spellweaving (30 points). I have a 38% chance to cast Natures Fury, Gift of Renewal, and Attunment with 0 skill in spellweaving. Your elf character still has to do the quest to unlock spellweaving.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They dont have Joat, but do have racial ability with Spellweaving (30 points). I have a 38% chance to cast Natures Fury, Gift of Renewal, and Attunment with 0 skill in spellweaving. Your elf character still has to do the quest to unlock spellweaving.

Never seen to where elves have that racial ability... Have only seen:

Getting Started – Ultima Online
UO Stratics - Mondain's Legacy Expansion: The Elven Race
Races - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Where did you find that at?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't confuse anything. Elves get an initial 30 phantom points in Spellweaving, like humans get JoaT, Gargoyles get 30 phantom points in Mysticism. The difference being Elves have to unlock Spellweaving in a quest chain, like everyone else.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't confuse anything. Elves get an initial 30 phantom points in Spellweaving, like humans get JoaT, Gargoyles get 30 phantom points in Mysticism. The difference being Elves have to unlock Spellweaving in a quest chain, like everyone else.
I don't think so. Elven racial abilities are: + mana, + E resist, night sight, rare resource bonus, innate detect, and harder to track. Gargoyles get 30 myst, and humans have JoAT, but I have never heard anything about elves and spellweaving.

All the spells you mention are 0 skill requirement spells. Any race can cast them with 0 SW.

Last edited:

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to have to agree that elves don't get that boost. I have never seen that anywhere, and my elf fails constantly on all spellweaving spells with no points in it. My human characters succeed the same spells easily because of JOAT.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So while this thread was derailed quite a bit, can anyone explain why immolating weapon does less damage with more SSI? Because it doesn't day that on any website or tooltip. Coding bug it would seem...

@Kyronix I had left this thread on here, emailed you, uobugs, & mesanna and reported this as an in game bug, and nothing at all. Not even a canned email or response. Let me know what the next plan of action is in this chain.

I understand immolating weapon isn't high on the SW food chain for usefulness, but if the damage was fixed properly (+23 fire damage for 120 spellweaving & level 6) maybe it would be.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see @Kyronix still hasn't even addressed these at all. All the emails, bug reports, and posts (the proper channels mind you) and not even a "we will look in to it". Ah well.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where the heck did u get this 30skill from?

Here's what u get for being an elf:

Night Sight:
Elves always have the effect of a full strength Night Sight spell.
Night Sight is always on

Infused with Magic:
Elves have an increased energy resistance cap. Elven players must still increase their actual resistances through normal means (i.e. through equipment and magical effects).
+5 to Energy Resistance cap (75 total)

Knowledge of Nature:
Elves receive an increase to their chance of acquiring special resources such as colored ore when mining or special boards when lumberjacking.

Difficult to Track:
Elves are more difficult to track than humans.

Perception:
Elves gain an increased chance to passively detect hidden monsters and enemies.

Wisdom:
Elves receive a bonus to their maximum mana.
+20 Mana Increase Bonus

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing this is working as intended. When I make a 100% life leech axe and decide to add SSI to the axe, it always reduces my hit life leech percentage. I'm thinking there is some calculation that reduces the effect of Immolating Weapon with the incrase of SSI.

But then again, this is also one of the reasons I don't put SSI on my axes so I keep the 100% HLL, but it just means I have to suffer the lower swing speed of the weapon or compensate using jewels or other items to increase my SSI.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I'm guessing this is working as intended. When I make a 100% life leech axe and decide to add SSI to the axe, it always reduces my hit life leech percentage. I'm thinking there is some calculation that reduces the effect of Immolating Weapon with the incrase of SSI.

But then again, this is also one of the reasons I don't put SSI on my axes so I keep the 100% HLL, but it just means I have to suffer the lower swing speed of the weapon or compensate using jewels or other items to increase my SSI.
Its incredibly easy nowadays to have 10/20/30/35 ssi on the suit without having to add to the weapons.

Ring/Brace = 10/20ssi
Ring/brace/Tinker legs = 30ssi
ring/brace/tinker/cameo= 35ssi

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its incredibly easy nowadays to have 10/20/30/35 ssi on the suit without having to add to the weapons.

Ring/Brace = 10/20ssi
Ring/brace/Tinker legs = 30ssi
ring/brace/tinker/cameo= 35ssi
Don't forget 5% town bonus. That gives a nice 40% without any on weapon.