• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] imbuing to make relic fragments?

D

Drawde2

Mainly just curious, but what would be the most economic way to imbue an item in order to turn it into a relic fragment?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have done this 3 times now since it went live and all 3 times they where jewels with almost max intensity ! So it can be done its just very very rare to find the right combo of mods on the item that spawns

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've been making special weapons with mid level runics.

you need 450 pts for a relic

e.g. silver etched mace
100 from the slayer
80 from damage increase

so another 270 from runic properties

possible with a 3 property runic (e.g. bronze) at good intensities, but more likely with a gold runic (3 or 4 properties, higher intensity)

yield this way has been roughly 200k per fragment (not great, but better than buying and unraveling minors if you can even find them anymore)

above a gold runic, yield drops due to fewer chargers, higher cost of runic

B

Beastmaster

I have done this 3 times now since it went live and all 3 times they where jewels with almost max intensity ! So it can be done its just very very rare to find the right combo of mods on the item that spawns
How did you exceed 450 on a spawning item? Unless you mean the item was already over 450. Even then, if it is a weighted score over 450 rather than a score of 450 with properties that have 1.0 weighting, it doesn't yield a relic.

If you're seeing something different, do share.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How did you exceed 450 on a spawning item? Unless you mean the item was already over 450. Even then, if it is a weighted score over 450 rather than a score of 450 with properties that have 1.0 weighting, it doesn't yield a relic.

If you're seeing something different, do share.
because jewels are 500 not 450

if this is not it then please explain how i am getting relic frags from non artie loot!

B

Beastmaster

because jewels are 500 not 450
Thank you! I missed that tidbit of info somewhere in the earlier discussions. You are correct, looted jewelry can be imbued over 450(to 500), so it stands to reason you could get relics from them.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its still very hard to do the key is finding a item with atleast 3 100% mods like physical,lrc,luck, then imbuing with 15 energy and maybe 15 cold !
as soon as i hit 120 i am going to try to make one from scratch and see what the cost is per fragment ! even with no fails it will be spendy!