• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] [Imbuing] Soulforge Colors

• Thread starter JohnAlexander
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JohnAlexander

When you craft items with skills such as Blacksmithing many items say "The item retains the color of this material" is that true for Soulforges? If they in fact do, do they retain the color of both the Boards and of the Ingots? In effect would it be worth it to craft a Soulforge out of say Frostwood and Valorite Ingots or would it just be a total waste of rare materials? I thought I had read somewhere that they did retain the color of the materials used but I am unable to find that now. Thanks for your assistance!!!

O

Old Man of UO

And how do you change the color of the soul forge once it's created, or can't you?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you craft in special wood, ie oak, it comes up oak coloured, and provided you do it before it's placed, you can dye it with tokuno dyes or the new natural dyes. Once placed, the re-deed is the other way around and can't be dyed.

J

JohnAlexander

Yes I had imagined the base being made out of the wood color and the anvils being made out of the Ingot color, that would have been really cool, but it just does not work that way. As an aside Frostwood Soulforges are kind of ugly. Oh well... Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.