• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing questions

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first question. What is the best way (besides buying off vendors) to get relic frags? Are there prefered mopbs I should be hunting that have decent junk on them? Should I buy and burn bkits or other relics?

Second question, and im still kind of frustrated. I made a fast heavy xbow and ran out of relic frags to finish last property. I logged out and back in on another char to purchase some. I then logged back in and went to finish the bow. I was all done and then I noticed that the durability was 74/74. I thought i used pof but not sure so I figured I just forgot (chalk it up to learning). I cam back the next day and this time definately used POF all the way to 255. Got to the last property and I was out of claws (grrrrrrrrr). Again logout and back on my other char and buy some. I log back to finish the bow and added the last property and was happy, except the durability dropped to 100/100. WTH, is it because i logged out or is it a bug? I i stay logged in on that char and finish a bow it will be 255/255. Is it that my skill is only at 108?

Last question? What is with other properties dropping when you imbue the last property (even when there is still intensity left 468/500)? Several times i have noticed my ML and SL drop when I add the slayer property. Is there a particular order I should be doing the properties?

Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There have been several suggested ways to get relic fragments, most of which get nerfed from people talking about them too much.

One of the more reliable methods that still worked, last I heard, was to craft Knight's War Cleavers (which use 1 Fire Ruby, IIRC) with a bronze runic, using valorite ingots.

It's sort of a thing like the "law of equivalent exchange" from Full Metal Alchemist; they've nerfed every means of getting relics using only common materials and no runics (the imbue to value methods, with or without enhancement with "normal" stuff like colored wood). To get the something of value (the relics) you have to give something of equal value in return (the valorite ingots for 35 KWC, a bronze runic, and 35 ML mining gems add up to a market value of several hundred thousand gold). The fact that you have to put such work and expense into the items to make relics seems to placate the Dev with the nerf-hammer.

Another answer:
The displayed amount of ML & LL drop when you add SSI through imbuing or enhancing with Ash (And are the only thing that lowers them). Not sure why the slayer property is what you think is lowering them.

Everything else, I have no idea. And if that powder thing was happening to other people, this place would have been filled with people screaming for over a year. It sounds like you might be having issues that involve your account alone.