• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing Jewelry

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question about imbuing jewelry:

Yesterday, I created my first useful jewelry with 85 Imbuing. One that is tailored exactly to my tamer. When doing that, I noticed that when imbuing the item, it lost all its previous mods. Is that intended? I thought, if I'd imbue something on it, it would be added to previous mods.

(In this case, the Ring hat +6 Animal Lore. I imbued +10 Animal Taming and the Animal Lore mod was gone. I had to re-imbue it with Animal Lore and waste a few resources.)

Edit: Just found the answer. Skill mods replace each other when they're in the same group.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing I can think of is that it was +6 taming, not +6 lore, and you misread it.

R

rajadeah

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to imbue some mule jewelry with magery and music and one skill removes the other? I'm working with blank tinkered rings and braclets with 120 imbuing adding 8 strengh 18 lrc 90 luck and trying to add 13 magery and 13 music. But no mater what i try one skill removes the other, the other mods stay its just the magery and music skill mods that remove each other. Was it ment to be this way?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it's meant to be that way.

Magery, Musicianship, and the Melee Weapon skills are all Group 5 skills, and have been since skills were introduced on Jewelry. In fact, for a while (like the first year or more of AoS) there was a bug in the coding that made Group 5 skills 100 times rarer on jewelry than the other 4 groups, and that was the first time that how the skills were grouped was explained to the players.

I'll go ahead and copy the skill groups to a post in this forum, to help clarify matters.