• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing item swap

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a looted hat that I am experimenting with so I can learn more about swapping and adding properties and intensity.

Original item intensity showed 478

Step 1) I attempted to add Lower Mana Cost, thinking that it would replace Self Repair 3, but it was not allowed (I'm guessing this is because the 478 intensity?)
Step 2) I raised the LRC from 11 to 18 to remove the Self Repair 3
Step 3) I then raised Mana Increase from 2 to 7

at this point item intensity was 459 (I probably made a mistake raising things first, but I am new at this and this is experimenting)

Step 4) I lowered LRC from 18 to 1 to lower the intensity below 450

I have tried to add Lower Mana Cost, but it tells me that I cannot and the item is still showing 5/5 properties. Can you no longer actually remove the Self Repair property? (I did a search and came up with a post showing you could and that a new property would take it's place)

I am so confused now and any help is greatly appreciated

Disclaimer: At no time were any feathered hats harmed or killed during my experiments. I have verification of signed waivers by feathered hats authorizing any and all experimentation.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Poison resist is your 5th property.

The base for the hat is 0/5/9/5/5

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do note, though, that you can imbue, and even reforge, hats, even though you can't create hats normally with runic properties.