• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing armor

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want to make an LRC/resist suit for my thief. i've already made the mistake of using colored leather and a horned kit first to make a set(after POF all pieces to max); can't imbue that....so i tried regular leather and a horned kit. i'm not getting any really decent resist totals, so i move on to samurai plate armor for the mage armor bonus. using a shadow runic and regular ingots, i create a few pieces with either lrc or mr on them, but still not getting very good resists with iron ingots.

i take a plate do with 18 lrc and maybe 35-40 resists on it, mage armor prop and no other properties at all. without much thought about it, i figure i can bump up all resists towards 18 and not use any high end ingredients. with only lrc property on it, this should be easy. i bump up physical resist to 18, np. next, i bump up fire resist up to 15, i wanted to go higher, but it put me too near the max prop weight. next i want to raise cold resist which is at 3. "you cannot imbue this item with any more item properties." dang. i lower physical back a bit to 15, and try again with cold. i get the same message. i try energy which is at 7, and get the same "you can't" message again! total propery weight is only 456/500. total resists for the armor piece are now 15/15/3/7/14 - 54 total.

i can make much better stuff with the RNG system and a barbed runic kit!

so where do i go from here?

please add any info you've gleaned from your adventures.

i'd really like to know what the best course of action is at this point. if i can get up over 70 resist points per armor piece with runics, why can't i do this with imbuing? am i doing something wrong?

i haven't seen any other posts directly related to this issue, so maybe the info learned here can be used in one of the sticky posts at the top.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess you mean "Poison" not "Energy", as that is the property with 7 resists.

The way the system works, it's reading it as 5 properties.
Mage Armor
LRC
Physical
Fire
Energy (which got the bump from the runic Hammer)

You would have been much better served by using an ASH instead of a Runic, making several exceptional Do out of iron, giving you MAge Armor, plus several high resists.

Find one that has the 15-20 points of resist bonuses concentrated in 2-3 resist types.
Imbue the LRC
Then Imbue the two or three lowest resists, lowest first. That way, you'll end up with closer to 500 total property weight, and resists over 60 (in the mid 70s if you enhance and succeed after you're done imbuing)

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank for the reply, i have a couple more ?'s now...

all i want on this suit is good resists, preferably all 70's, and 100 lrc. and to be able to med and stealth, anything else is pure gravy.

so am i better off using an ASH and making platemail, and eating the mage armor property right off the bat to have higher resists, or should i make medable leather armor instead?

should i look for armor pieces that don't have lrc on them already, or those that do, to get the highest resists i can on each piece?

so at what point does a resist property become considered one of the 5 imbued properties? what amount is it higher than it's base resist property to do that?

S

Stupid Miner

thank for the reply, i have a couple more ?'s now...

all i want on this suit is good resists, preferably all 70's, and 100 lrc. and to be able to med and stealth, anything else is pure gravy.

so am i better off using an ASH and making platemail, and eating the mage armor property right off the bat to have higher resists, or should i make medable leather armor instead?

should i look for armor pieces that don't have lrc on them already, or those that do, to get the highest resists i can on each piece?

so at what point does a resist property become considered one of the 5 imbued properties? what amount is it higher than it's base resist property to do that?
Mage armor for one item cost 10 (very min 1mil) abyssal cloth and eats 140% weight right there. There is little worse that you could imbue on an item

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the mage property is automatic on samurai platemail pieces, otherwise i wouldn't even bother with plate armor at all as a thief

G

grandpa otis

am I missing something here,, is all you want is a all 70's resist tht is medable and is 100%LRC??? I have no trouble( have made at least a dozen) making leather suits that are 85 phys resist and 70 in all other resist so you can cast protection(so your spells never get interrupted)and still have 70 resist in phys,,,suits have 100 LRC and a little room for one more property,,, suit i just made had resist of 85/70/70/70/70;;100% LRC and 60% reflect physical damage....I do this thru embueing a plain exceptional quality leather suit made by my legendary tailor with GM armslore.

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
am I missing something here,, is all you want is a all 70's resist tht is medable and is 100%LRC??? I have no trouble( have made at least a dozen) making leather suits that are 85 phys resist and 70 in all other resist so you can cast protection(so your spells never get interrupted)and still have 70 resist in phys,,,suits have 100 LRC and a little room for one more property,,, suit i just made had resist of 85/70/70/70/70;;100% LRC and 60% reflect physical damage....I do this thru embueing a plain exceptional quality leather suit made by my legendary tailor with GM armslore.
ya know, if you left out the rhetoric and dedicated that bit of effort to simply explaining the process you use to get to the final result(all 70's, 100 lrc and med), maybe myself and others could actually learn something from you. it would have been nice if you at least answered one of my questions i last posted instead of belittling me.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is what you do..
pound out SEVERAL pieces of regular leather armor.. keep the ones that have 2 or 3 resists that DO NOT have any arms lore bonus.. and if you got alot of leather you can keep going and hope for one that has a lot the bonus on one resist..

then you take the whole suit and fit the peices together so you get 1 or 2 high resist natrually.. these are the resists you dont imbue..

then you add pof, add lrc, and max out all the plain resists.. boura pelts are easy to get.

you will end up with a more then 70s suit, with 100% lrc and maybe even something else like mr if you took the time to piece the 2 arms lore bonus resists together.

you can add 5 things, so lrc, mr, and 3 resists.

edit, one more thing..
while you get 20 bonus for arms lore, the most ive ever seen added to one resist is 10.
so, phy can be 12, fire can be 14, and cold, poison and energy can be 13.

G

grandpa otis

am I missing something here,, is all you want is a all 70's resist tht is medable and is 100%LRC??? I have no trouble( have made at least a dozen) making leather suits that are 85 phys resist and 70 in all other resist so you can cast protection(so your spells never get interrupted)and still have 70 resist in phys,,,suits have 100 LRC and a little room for one more property,,, suit I just made had resist of 85/70/70/70/70;;100% LRC and 60% reflect physical damage....I do this thru embueing a plain exceptional quality leather suit made by my legendary tailor with GM armslore.
ya know, if you left out the rhetoric and dedicated that bit of effort to simply explaining the process you use to get to the final result(all 70's, 100 lrc and med), maybe myself and others could actually learn something from you. it would have been nice if you at least answered one of my questions i last posted instead of belittling me.

I"m not sure how you interpeted this as a put down,, I've never put anyone down (AT LEAST DELIBERATELY) in 10 yrs I've been on this game,,, I am sometimes a 10 yr noob and was simply asking you if I was missing something,, not sure I completely understood what you were after,, sorry if it seemed so easy to me that I felt I was missing something,,,,checked back several times beforeI went to bed to see if you responded so I could answer more fully if this was really what you were asking,,, my concern was that I would be insulting you if I explained what I thought was a really easy explanation,,, WOW I am still astounded.. I've just reread my ans 2 more times and for the life of me I can't see were I attacked yu,,, I guess I just on old noob in stratics same as in game,,
but be that as it may,, I really didn't mean to affront you and for that I really am sorry that I offended you,,,

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I"m not sure how you interpeted this as a put down,, I've never put anyone down (AT LEAST DELIBERATELY) in 10 yrs I've been on this game,,, I am sometimes a 10 yr noob and was simply asking you if I was missing something,, not sure I completely understood what you were after,, sorry if it seemed so easy to me that I felt I was missing something,,,,checked back several times beforeI went to bed to see if you responded so I could answer more fully if this was really what you were asking,,, my concern was that I would be insulting you if I explained what I thought was a really easy explanation,,, WOW I am still astounded.. I've just reread my ans 2 more times and for the life of me I can't see were I attacked yu,,, I guess I just on old noob in stratics same as in game,,
but be that as it may,, I really didn't mean to affront you and for that I really am sorry that I offended you,,,
i didn't regard your post as an attack, i just get frustrated with people popping in, dropping their 2 cents worth, and never really answering the question(s). i asked three specific questions in my post, and you didn't answer one of them, you gave a general reply that told me nothing. sorry if i came off wrong, but after spending a whole morning yesterday trying to make a decent suit, then searching all afternoon for answers to get me there, i was a bit miffed. aarons6 layed it out a bit for me, but i would still like my questions answered if at all possible. thanks in advance.

G

grandpa otis

well,if I understand the question right and all u really need is all 70's with LRC ,, I do that this way,,, I haven't experimented much and my memory is really pisspoor so others may have easier or better ways ,, but I first start by making exceptional plain leather pcs. Since I am after a 85/70/70/70/70 suit(as I said, so I can cast protection without penalty to phys) I start by making sleeves(only because for me tht seems to be my best success)that have min of 10 physical resist,(I usually do this til I make 10 of them) then make the other 5 pcs of the leather suit and make a list of all the resist on paper so as to keep track easily. I then first embue the other 5 pcs at 15 phys(with the 10phys slv I now have 85 phys) I then go down the list embuing the max(cheap)intensity on fire and always embuing that pc that has the LOWEST fire that is left, then do cold, poison, energy the same way , I generally look at all the pcs on list first to see how to best do this without using more than 3 of the properties available for embuing on each pc,, at this stage u prolly have used up 3 property spaces on 4 pcs and maybe 4 spaces on the last 2,,if lucky can be better, maybe 3 on all 6,,,I wait and embue LRC on the pcs (18/18/18/18/18/10 = 100) last whn the % chance is down cuz LRC is the cheapest property to embue,,,,at this stage 5 or maybe 6 pcs still have room for 1 more property but the chances will be (for me anyway) very poor like usually under 15%...if u absolutely want tht extra property I suggest adding it on FIRST if it is one that takes relic frags... You can improve the % chance of success here of other properties if you were to use some of the rare ingedients so as to save 1 or 2 pcs with little wt used,, but the method I use does not use the max intensity , this way requires none of the rare drops, probably been so wordy its clear as mud , but hope it helps

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that does help, thanks. a tad muddled, but i get the gist of it. i'll have to swap fletching with arms lore again before i try this later today with my mule.

can anyone answer this....

so at what point does a resist property become considered one of the 5 imbued properties? what amount over it's base resist property does that?

S

Stupid Miner

the mage property is automatic on samurai platemail pieces, otherwise i wouldn't even bother with plate armor at all as a thief
Yea, but that's not plate armor, it's Samurai armor. (or Samurai plate)

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is what you do..
pound out SEVERAL pieces of regular leather armor.. keep the ones that have 2 or 3 resists that DO NOT have any arms lore bonus.. and if you got alot of leather you can keep going and hope for one that has a lot the bonus on one resist.
ok, to start, my char has 120 tailor and 100 armslore. i've pounded out about 100 leather tunics so far, and, trying to stick by your rules, i haven't created one usable tunic yet. base resists for the leather tunic are 2/4/3/3/3.
i've made a few with one resist property at its max, but with only one other resist at its base still, like this: 6/6/3/6/14 or 6/13/3/6/7. do i just need to keep burning more leather, or is one of these tunics worthy of keeping?
and i have yet to make a single piece that had the max physical on it. gotta be the RNG, right?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its all rng..

im currently making a suit for my necro tamer and he uses brightsights and the rbc for mr and lmc..

he needs 4 pieces, gorget, arms, hands and legs with poison and energy both 13..
so far ive used up a ton of leather and got one close i might have to live with.. hehe.

if your going for a whole imbued suit, all 6 peices, then you should be ok with keeping the ones that have more then 12.

like that tunic with 13 fire.. now make hat arms hands legs and gorget with 13 fire.
then you can imbue up the other 4, add lrc and you will be all 70s with 100 lrc.

B

Beastmaster

Rehash of old material. Multiple threads on this topic have come and gone.

Here's one I posted to earlier:

imbuing armor

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what you did was easy..
now take your armor using 2 artifacts, rbc and brightsights (for mr), put lrc, mr2 on the 4 left over pieces, then lmc 8 on 2 of those (to get to 30lmc), and then make it so you only need to imbue 2 and 3 resists and get all 70s.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
More and more, I appreciate my mage's suit that came together mostly by accident. 2/6, 100% LRC, 40% LMC and 1 point short of all 70s, with decent mana regen and SDI. Oncludes an orny, 2 Tok majors, 1 Tok minor, 3 crafted leather pieces, a loot ring, a Totem tali...

and that's not counting handheld items (either a scrappers and shield of invulnerability, Swords of prosperity, or a SC mage weapon bow), my crimson, or the new robe I got from healing gypsies.

The only thing I might imbue for her would be jewelry to offset the -magery from the bow.