• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing armor... VERY confused.

G

Gellor

As the title states, I'm VERY confused on imbuing armor. First, I am NOT SA upgraded so I can not just run to test center to try it out.

My confusion mainly stems from the resists on armor. Basically, at what point does an armor's resist become a mod?

Let us use a specific example:
Lets say I'm starting with GM made leather gloves. This gives a base resist of
2,4,3,3,3. Let's say I'm GM arms lore. So that throws 5% more in.

If I adjust any of the resists, does it count as a mod?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
As the title states, I'm VERY confused on imbuing armor. First, I am NOT SA upgraded so I can not just run to test center to try it out.

My confusion mainly stems from the resists on armor. Basically, at what point does an armor's resist become a mod?

Let us use a specific example:
Lets say I'm starting with GM made leather gloves. This gives a base resist of
2,4,3,3,3. Let's say I'm GM arms lore. So that throws 5% more in.

If I adjust any of the resists, does it count as a mod?
If you imbue a resist higher, that counts as a mod and contributes to the total weight of the item.

G

Gellor

Hmm... makes sense.

So I guess the related question would be, how much can I bump a single resist?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
generaly you can take them up to 18! some peaces like your example you could take fire up to 19 you can also enhance them for even more bonus

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best is to craft a couple pieces where you have the resist you want maxed to be lowest.

IE: if you want 18 Fire then try to make a piece that starts with 3 or 4 fire and imbue it up. Reason being that the other resist points will have falled on one of the other 4 resist spots and you have maxed out your item.

If you don't need it to be medable and you really want to max out a item make it from wood and enhance it. I've made some silly items for my sampire:
Arms HPI 5, SPI 8, MPI8, HPR2 10 23 16 13 11
Gorget HPI 5, SPI 8, MPI8, HPR2 16 24 5 18 10
Gloves HPI 5, SPI 8, MPI8, Damage increase 10, 14 13 17 22 7