• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing and PoF problem

D

Drawde2

I know that you can't use PoF on an imbued item. That's not the problem.

The problem is that an imbued item has it's original durability. The only way around that is to use the PoF before imbuing. But how many players will buy an imbued weapon or armor that isn't max durability? Most imbuers won't be able to sell anything except rings and bracelets without spending millions on PoF first. Which, contrary to many opinions, not everyone has.

The thing is, what to do about it?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have a smith, proper application of BOD running will require little (if not zero) expenditure on PoF...

D

Drawde2

WAY too much BOD running for my tastes. Casual player here. I prefer not having to make several smiths and logging them all in every hour or so just to get one item.

And before anyone yells at me about being casual, I know I won't get everything that way. But a game can't cater to just the elite either. And something designed to level the playing field a bit won't work if it does just that.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
depending on your shard there should be pofs for sale, on Lake Superior they go for about 60,000 each. Even as a casual player myself, I can still raise enough gold to buy a few for me needs.

D

Drawde2

How many PoF do you need to max out an exceptional weapon or armor? Haven't used the stuff, so I may misunderstand how it works. It's still an added cost to the imbued item though, making it that much harder for a casual player to get. Though if it's just one, it's not as bad as I think.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every charge of a PoF adds 10 to current and max durability of an item up to a maximum of 255/255. A fresh PoF from the bod system comes with 10 charges.

N

Nastia Cross

WAY too much BOD running for my tastes. Casual player here. I prefer not having to make several smiths and logging them all in every hour or so just to get one item.

And before anyone yells at me about being casual, I know I won't get everything that way. But a game can't cater to just the elite either. And something designed to level the playing field a bit won't work if it does just that.
Hey Drawde2, there is an easier way than making several smiths. Find some junky low level bods (say iron wep ones), fill a bunch and turn them in one at a time, asking for a new bod after every one that you hand in. This way, for each one you fill, you get a new one in return. I've been doing this since the middle of the summer (casually mind you, maybe 3-4 hours a week on and off) and I got about 60 PoF and about 100 hammers (dc, shadow, copper and bronze). Yes, I got alot of garg pickaxes, mining gloves and prospectors tools that I didn't need, but I gave them all back to the smith or dropped them on the floor for the players that do use them. AND if you happen to get any higher end smalls or larges that you don't want to fill, you can always sell them or trade them to someone for more PoF or hammer bods. :thumbup:

D

Drawde2

Thanks. I WAS a bit mistaken there. Didn't know it was 10 per use, so it's not as bad as I thought.

And I keep forgetting about turning BODs in to get new ones. I was gone from the game when that part was added, and it just doesn't stick.

Sorry for the ranting there.