• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

imbuing and damage type

• Thread starter gjohnson5
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

gjohnson5

I believe that the damage type (fire , cold ,poison, energy) aren't imbuable properties , but I was told that those DO count against the 5x max damage properties imbuing can do.

Is this true?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Any abnormal damage type is treated as a 100% property (even if it's just 10% fire, 90% physical).

Right now the only option for altering damage type is by enhancing (which obviously is extremely risky). It was mentioned that the devs are looking to add the ability to imbue damage type, but I don't know where it sits on the priority list or if it was just a random musing.

G

gjohnson5

Yes. Any abnormal damage type is treated as a 100% property (even if it's just 10% fire, 90% physical).

Right now the only option for altering damage type is by enhancing (which obviously is extremely risky). It was mentioned that the devs are looking to add the ability to imbue damage type, but I don't know where it sits on the priority list or if it was just a random musing.
Hopefully what you just typed doesn't mean:
Katana with 30% physical , 20% fire, 30% cold , 20% energy = 3 100% properties just from damage types

G

gjohnson5

Balrons and Succumbus hate cold damage so I'm trying to get a good cold damage demon slayer. It would seem like fire demons would have trouble with it too

I agree, I don't want to enhance a weapon after I spent all that time collecting demon claws... The weapon will surely break.

The devs should change this one if I am interpreting your words correctly

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully what you just typed doesn't mean:
Katana with 30% physical , 20% fire, 30% cold , 20% energy = 3 100% properties just from damage types
No, no matter how many types of damage, it still all only counts as one property.

D

deraiky

... enhanced / crafted stuff cant get imbued...
(just iron made stuffcan be imbued, but that katana is obviously not iron made..)

Or do you mean you want to imbue something with THAT ?

G

gjohnson5

... enhanced / crafted stuff cant get imbued...
(just iron made stuffcan be imbued, but that katana is obviously not iron made..)

Or do you mean you want to imbue something with THAT ?
Yep
Been using a bronze hammer and making kats , etc out of iron ingots. Sometimes you get lucky and get a 100% cold damage from iron ingots. Probably a better proposition then trying to enhance a demon slayer thats already imbued.

Another question , do gargoyles get a bonus of some sort to enhancing items? If so II'll race change my blacksmith

Y

Yen Sid

Yep
Been using a bronze hammer and making kats , etc out of iron ingots. Sometimes you get lucky and get a 100% cold damage from iron ingots. Probably a better proposition then trying to enhance a demon slayer thats already imbued.

Another question , do gargoyles get a bonus of some sort to enhancing items? If so II'll race change my blacksmith
And to imbuing, do it a Queen's Soulforge as well, this will give you the best chance of imbuing without failing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What the devs need to do, just to keep it simple, is have just 5 categories for elemental damage imbuement: 100% in one of each of the 5 types, with 100% physical removing the property as counting toward the 5. It would be the logical fix, and allow us to fix a lot of so-so weapons into good ones.