• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing an item should put your makers mark on it

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Imbuing an item should put your makers mark on it, not much more to say than that.
making the weapon or armor piece is only half of the operation now a days.
the other half is imbuing it with what you need on it.
so why does only the person that make the item get their name on it?
shouldn't the person that actually makes that item useful get their name on the item as well?

has always bothered me.

Crafted by Pure Evil
Magically Enhanced by Bob Spit'n Shine

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there anyone who just crafts and doesn't do their own imbuing also anymore? I just assume whoever the crafter name is was also the person who imbued it usually.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a Bowyer. But the rest I can make. My imbuer just imbues so I don't need 2 names.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Crafted by a black smith, imbued by his friend, what else? worn by his lover, sold to his ex, dropped by his guildie, and stolen by a frog.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you invest 120 points into it just like the blacksmith does and you actually make the item USABLE so ya, you should get your name on it.
the only people against this should be the people who have imbuing on their tailor/blacksmith because their name is already on the item.
lets be honest, when was the last time anyone made a weapon and said.... "oh ya lets roll with this bad boy as is! 45 DI is all i need!"
ya need your hit lower D, ya need your leeches, ya need your SSI.
so lets give some credit where credit is do!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Imbuer does not have a cool name like yours does.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And for which imbuing slot of 5 you will have the name of the imbuer?
If you need attention, buy the weapon engraving Tool cause most of the items I imbue are weapons.
Only luck armor and jewels are the other stuff.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We do have tools that you can use to put info on most pieces. I'm not sure if they work on jewels.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And for which imbuing slot of 5 you will have the name of the imbuer?
If you need attention, buy the weapon engraving Tool cause most of the items I imbue are weapons.
Only luck armor and jewels are the other stuff.
why do you hate imbuer's so much?
what have they ever done to you?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In this case they would stole developer resources which are needed for the biggest and boldest thing in a decade, whatever it is.

Last edited:

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not for that. I like the way it is now. Crafter makes it, gets his name on it. Kinda like this game. It will always be Richard Garriott's, no matter who comes along and changes this and that to make it better...or worse. As for me, I have all my crafting and imbuing on one character.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am not for that. I like the way it is now. Crafter makes it, gets his name on it. Kinda like this game. It will always be Richard Garriott's, no matter who comes along and changes this and that to make it better...or worse. As for me, I have all my crafting and imbuing on one character.
I have several crafters... and one Imbuer... But Minion isn't vain... he cares not if his name is on the item... he only does as he is asked.