• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Starting To Hate The Sims!!!

G

<font color="purple"> I Been Paying For This Damn Thing For Years And I Go To EA-Land And Now It Says I Have To Be A Paying Member
It Pisses Me Off That You Have To Wait 7 Damn Days Each To Delete The Stupid EA-Land Sims That We Can't Have, And Now This
All I Keep Saying Is Whats Next, I'm So Thinking About Finding A New Game
</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> I Been Paying For This Damn Thing For Years And I Go To EA-Land And Now It Says I Have To Be A Paying Member
It Pisses Me Off That You Have To Wait 7 Damn Days Each To Delete The Stupid EA-Land Sims That We Can't Have, And Now This
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You've hit the bug that has been happening off and on since EA Land was first opened...for some reason the system fails to recognize that some of the ones they show as free are paid. This was happening quite a bit, but a fix was apparently put out which stopped alot of it, but its still happening intermittently......good news being that the intermittent problems seem to be fixed by simply waiting until the next days' maintenance, and more often times than not those having problems have reported being able to get in again. There's a thread discussing it over in the Tech Forum if you want to keep tabs on when a more permanent fix wil be uncovered, but seeing as the bug is only happening intermittently, this makes it harder to fix.

Frustrating, yes, but at least there is a possible solution, of just waiting until morning's maintenance and seeing if its fixed after that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You've hit the bug that has been happening off and on since EA Land was first opened...for some reason the system fails to recognize that some of the ones they show as free are paid. This was happening quite a bit, but a fix was apparently put out which stopped alot of it, but its still happening intermittently......good news being that the intermittent problems seem to be fixed by simply waiting until the next days' maintenance, and more often times than not those having problems have reported being able to get in again. There's a thread discussing it over in the Tech Forum if you want to keep tabs on when a more permanent fix wil be uncovered, but seeing as the bug is only happening intermittently, this makes it harder to fix.

Frustrating, yes, but at least there is a possible solution, of just waiting until morning's maintenance and seeing if its fixed after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its happened to me 2 days running now, this time on all 3 of my accounts.
Yes we can get in the next day after maintenance but how many days am I going to have to miss.
Starting to get very pissed off myself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its happened to me 2 days running now, this time on all 3 of my accounts.
Yes we can get in the next day after maintenance but how many days am I going to have to miss.
Starting to get very pissed off myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand the frustration, as a person affected by the bug myself, but I really do think the devs are doing their best to figure out what the deal is. If the bug isn't happening internally when they try to test it, or is not happening all the time, then that makes it alot harder to recreate, and we've been told ever since the old bug boards were up and running that the devs HAVE to be able to recreate a bug to isolate the problem and fix it. Lee stated in the tech forum that it is an utmost priority, so at least that tells me it will be fixed as soon as humanly possible, and not after 'this this this and this' get implemented. It doesn't stop the eagerness and anxiousness of those wanting to get into EA Land and not being able to, but it's better than being flat out ignored, right?

Are you able to get into the production cities? A workaround, though sometimes more convienent than others, might be to create a sim in the top 1 or 2 cities being merged if you don't have sims in them already, and board them on the 'bullet train' to EA Land, which if, worst case scenario this bug isnt' fixed by the time the bullet train leaves the station, then players currently locked out of EA Land would then be able to get in. Again, not ideal, but it does provide an alternative course of action if all else fails. I can truly empathize though with the frustration, but mine is toward the damn conflict that is creating the conflict, and not toward the devs for not fixing it. You didn't say that's where your frustration was either, but it seemed like for some they might think the dev team isn't workin on it at all, which from what's been posted here doesn't seem to be the case.

I wish there was some way we could do the 'comfort' interaction and make ourselves feel better as easily as sims can make each other feel better, eh?

T

turtleface

Can we make this a 'complain about the non-paying subscriber bug' thread, since they told us to sop complaining in the technical advice thread? I'm gratefull that they're trying very hard to fix it quickly, but that doesn't remove my desire to whinge about it, lol.
My second account hasn't been able to get in there at all, still. It's irritatng to go in there on my first account and see some people with 2,3, even 4 accounts in there, able to makeat last double the money i can, when i pay the same amount of money they do. I have enough money to buy lots more items i need, but can't, because my sim already owns too many in it's house, and can't put any more in there

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can we make this a 'complain about the non-paying subscriber bug' thread, since they told us to sop complaining in the technical advice thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say complain about it in the Tech forum, I said if you look at the tech forum thread you can get latest info on when the bug might be or is supposedly fixed. I did also say that I understand the frustration but honestly I don't see how complaining about it will do any good, other than to get those who are also suffering from the bug to say "Yeah, that sucks"......which I did say that too. Beyond that, what is making this a 'complain about the non-paying subscriber bug' thread going to accomplish? If anything I'd rather see it turned into something constructive like a 'possible work-around suggestions if you're bitten by the non-paying subscriber bug', but maybe that's just me?

T

turtleface

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Can we make this a 'complain about the non-paying subscriber bug' thread, since they told us to sop complaining in the technical advice thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say complain about it in the Tech forum, I said if you look at the tech forum thread you can get latest info on when the bug might be or is supposedly fixed. I did also say that I understand the frustration but honestly I don't see how complaining about it will do any good, other than to get those who are also suffering from the bug to say "Yeah, that sucks"......which I did say that too. Beyond that, what is making this a 'complain about the non-paying subscriber bug' thread going to accomplish? If anything I'd rather see it turned into something constructive like a 'possible work-around suggestions if you're bitten by the non-paying subscriber bug', but maybe that's just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted a place to complain about it since i'm very frustrated lol. I feel better after complaining

G

This would be the place to complain, cry, sympathize or rant.....as long as you don't expect Lee or any of the team to respond here.

They will post any solutions to the problem, when they find one, in the Tech thread.

So grab a hanky or a drink and let'er rip!

G

I have talked with Lee about this issue. I too, have the same problem. It says I'm a non paying member but I am. He said it has to do with a table replicator problem. Don't ask because I don't know what that means. In a nutshell, he said a very tedious bug to fix and they are working on it. He also used words like, YAARRRGGGHHH, ME MATEY, SWASHBUCKLER, among other piratey words that I don't quite understand.

So yeah, they are working on it.

G

This bug ALWAYS sems to happen early in the morning in the hours before maintenance happens. I have experienced it many times, but after maintenance it works just fine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A workaround, though sometimes more convienent than others, might be to create a sim in the top 1 or 2 cities being merged if you don't have sims in them already, and board them on the 'bullet train' to EA Land, which if, worst case scenario this bug isnt' fixed by the time the bullet train leaves the station, then players currently locked out of EA Land would then be able to get in. Again, not ideal, but it does provide an alternative course of action if all else fails. I

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry this is definitely not in any way a work around. When that login error hits it seems to hit all sims all accounts.. I try my 4 accounts each time it happens and not one of the sims can get in. So moving a sim from producion to ELand i very much would expect the same to happen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have talked with Lee about this issue. I too, have the same problem. It says I'm a non paying member but I am. He said it has to do with a table replicator problem. Don't ask because I don't know what that means. In a nutshell, he said a very tedious bug to fix and they are working on it. He also used words like, YAARRRGGGHHH, ME MATEY, SWASHBUCKLER, among other piratey words that I don't quite understand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody needs to take the damn Rum away from him.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This bug ALWAYS sems to happen early in the morning in the hours before maintenance happens. I have experienced it many times, but after maintenance it works just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

See and for me, it started in the afternoon two days ago. I am patient though, always will be, with a team that has so much to do and so little time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So grab a hanky or a drink and let'er rip!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.....encourage em.....LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

He also used words like, YAARRRGGGHHH, ME MATEY, SWASHBUCKLER, among other piratey words that I don't quite understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to thinking and/or muttering to himselfa menagerie of other four letter words that aren't really fit for polite conversation
LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See and for me, it started in the afternoon two days ago. I am patient though, always will be

[/ QUOTE ] you are special

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of working on TSO, he's playing Pirates of the Burning Sea like the rest of us?

AHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

G

<blockquote><hr>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because of your sig picture. Stop impersonating Gracie!

(Sorry. I knew somebody was gonna say this at some point, might as well be me...)

Seriously, hope they get this fixed.

Me, I can't figure out how to make an EIEIOLand sim in the first place. Where's the button for that? All I see are my three regular sims...

G

Please read the stickies at the top of the Technical Advise forum, for the latest information on various downloads, shortcuts, and issues that are being worked on.

If you still do not have the EA Land option, after getting your game up to date, please post the specifics of your issue in that forum, where it can be addressed by the team or tech savy players.

I

imported_Shirl1211

My husband and I share 5 accounts and guess what, I tried to log into everyone of them this morning and I got* YOU HAVE TO BE A PAID SUBSCRIBER*. My patience is running thin. I Understand the Dev's are working very hard on all these problems but that's alot of money going down the drain waiting and waiting for this all to be resolved.

I

imported_Shirl1211

It gets frustrating to constantly be directed to a fix-it-site almost everyday in order to play this game. If this is still happening after the merge guess what, my 5 accounts will be history!

G

<blockquote><hr>

It gets frustrating to constantly be directed to a fix-it-site almost everyday in order to play this game. If this is still happening after the merge guess what, my 5 accounts will be history!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you will do whatever is best for you, good luck in whatever you chose.

D

dinaj

I find that response uncalled for, some of us experience issue after issue with this game. Losing patience and/or getting frustrated is par for the course.

Please let's not pretend there was no sarcasm involved.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or they need to scrub those barnacles off his back by keelhauling him.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You will find that all of the online games have their own unique set of problems and issues.

Sure there are 'honeymoon' times when you first start a game. Your learning how to get around the game and it seems enjoyable. Then you start noticing little 'annoyances'.

The thing is as a player, you have to determine if the 'annoyance' override how much you enjoy playing the game and then make your decision from there.

I personally have found TSO to be incredibly annoying recently not so much because of the game but mainly some of the childish players. So I go on a TSO vacation so speak and come back rested and ready to play.