• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm sorry, but I have to vent..

J

Jena

I have been getting this a LOT and I just need to vent about it . Seems like every day I can't land, get BAD lag, getting pop ups saying my sim is in a lot when I am already on city map, log in, getting a "need to be a subscriber to enjoy EALand popup or whatever. Tonight now, I am only getting to 16% and when I hit cancel, getting booted to sim screen then waiting forever to log in again! This is so very frustrating. Well, will EA actually show thier costumers that they care and fix these problems instead of saying the usual "We are aware of the issue and they are being worked on" when they aren't?

If they WERE, we STILL wouldn't be dealing with this, still wouldn't be coming here whining and moaning. We are using our good money to pay for this game for what..all the bugs and errors that probably won't be fixed for months to come. It's a shame that we can't enjoy a game that a lot of us really enjoy playing because all the problems are ruining it for a lot of people. Anyhow, I need to stop otherwise I'll be typing all night. lol Just had to get that out..tired of holding back. *ugh*

If anyone has anything to add, feel free I guess. I'm sure there are others who are also bothered by these issues as well and our voices should be heard and we should get some kind of response..they at least owe us that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have been getting this a LOT and I just need to vent about it . Seems like every day I can't land, get BAD lag, getting pop ups saying my sim is in a lot when I am already on city map, log in, getting a "need to be a subscriber to enjoy EALand popup or whatever. Tonight now, I am only getting to 16% and when I hit cancel, getting booted to sim screen then waiting forever to log in again! This is so very frustrating. Well, will EA actually show thier costumers that they care and fix these problems instead of saying the usual "We are aware of the issue and they are being worked on" when they aren't?

If they WERE, we STILL wouldn't be dealing with this, still wouldn't be coming here whining and moaning. We are using our good money to pay for this game for what..all the bugs and errors that probably won't be fixed for months to come. It's a shame that we can't enjoy a game that a lot of us really enjoy playing because all the problems are ruining it for a lot of people. Anyhow, I need to stop otherwise I'll be typing all night. lol Just had to get that out..tired of holding back. *ugh*

If anyone has anything to add, feel free I guess. I'm sure there are others who are also bothered by these issues as well and our voices should be heard and we should get some kind of response..they at least owe us that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, unable to extract the necessary technical data from your rant, without which no one can help you.
C'mon! Give us something to work with. Check the Tech forum. Read the other threads that relate to this SAME problem!
Do SOMETHING that contributes to the solving of your problem!

T

turtleface

Yeah, I've experienced those same problems a lot too, and get pretty annoyed sometimes. EA sucks. How can they possibly expect such a small group of devlopers to do all the stuff needed to fix this game, as well as fix all these other problems that keep coming up in a timely manner? They need to employ a bunch of people just to fix the logging problems and bugs and such. And a professional web designer for their new website. And another bunch of people to work on improving the game design and adding content, like giving us less boring skilling options, maybe. And another bunch of people to sort out the bots, and another bunch of people to get all the custom content...customisable... if they did that, then i bet this game would be fullfilling it's potentional in no time.
With so few people, i think it's inevitable a lot of us would get problems like this.

D

DGLita

I think I know what you are ranting about. I have the same issues,but they dont stop me playing.

First, you need to check your icons are set up properly. You should have 2 shortcuts if you have 2 or more accounts. You need to create the main one, which you should always log into first in TSO Patch. The second one, which you then log subsequent accounts in with is in TSO Client.

The biggest bug bear is being told you need to subscribe when you already do. The message you get is a bit unfortunate, when it tells you to try once again in 24 hours. Thats rubbish, just keep trying. Sometimes it can take me 45 minutes to get in but I do eventually get there.

The second big problem is when your sim arrives on a property but you dont. I always manage to overcome this, it has never failed me yet. Log out of the game then back in and send your sim to its home lot. This may take a while, just be patient. If you get the cancel option then cancel and try again. You WILL be able to land on your home lot if you keep trying. Once there you can then send your sim wherever you need to.

B

B Jordan

Somehow the issues here don't seem as bad as the issues I was facing on FFXI....

Think of logging on everyday that your account was at risk of the RMT taking and you had NO chance of ever getting it back because Maxis says you don't own your account.

I'm still bitter....

B

buxomblonde736

ijsut need to know why i cant get in ea my sim is still in av

L

legal1lpn

So I'm gonna vent too!! the cities are always full. How can I play the game if I can't get INTO the game. So irritating. Just wanted to get that off my chest if anyone is listening or reading or whatever!

G

I have no idea why they say full by the server status, but you can still get in

Edited to say: possibly they show as full because you can't create a new sim in those cities, not sure