• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Sallie's daughter...completely overwhelmed...

P

Peaches

I am glad you found the community here to be in support of your family. Ultima Online is that and much more, and I do hope you give the game a try. Your dad, apparently, loved playing. I hope you find just as many friends in this world that your dad had found as well. Godspeed

I

imported_Gwyneth

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting your father, I truly enjoyed readiing his many posts, which always left me with the feeling that he was a very kind and warm-hearted person. It is no wonder that he is missed by so many people on this board. And he must have been so proud of you! Your own post reflects the same kindness and generousity of spirit. God bless you. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

God Bless You and your family. I remember his posts as Clyde on the UO forums and from then on here but I never spoke to him in game....
His close friends here, Dor, Hekate, and Caesar and many more were so very close and he touched many of us over time even ones like me who just read his posts....

*a cup for sallie and sallie's girl*

G

I lost my father-in-law a few years ago to lung cancer. Seems like... yesterday. Peace to you and yours. He lives forever in your hearts.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*smiles*

How wonderful to hear from you! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Perhaps, if you've the interest and the time, you might wish to investigate keeping your dad's Ultima Online account active. I don't know what form payment was being made in his case, but if it was being billed to his credit card, you may be able to trace it. That would allow you to visit his other world, and maybe see a bit of what he cherished about it. The current rate is 12.99 monthly, or six months for an advance payment of...60 dollars?

If you need help with anything at all, please contact Martin or me. He may be privy to the further information you would need. *hugs*

Thank you for sharing your father with us, Brenda. We were enriched, and still share your loss.

I

imported_CaesarDoP

Welcome sallie's girl, It is as if sallie himself were here.

As I told your sister Susan in an e-mail earlier today, Your father and I were planning on meeting this Saturday 10-4 in Real Life. I so wanted to meet him, as I know he wanted to meet me.
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and if ever you need to feel a little bit of your father, stop by for a cup of coffee. His Window Seat and bed roll will always be open for you.

Peace be with You sallie's girl.

Caesar

G

Well, as you can see your father touched many lives which is always an extraordinary feat. My condolences to your family and also my thanks for coming and posting here. It really is very sweet of you to do so, especially in your time of grieving.

S

sallie's girl

I just found this board where I figured my dad had posted. I can not tell you ALL how amazed I am that you all knew him. He spoke of the game all the time and as I read these posts about him I can say that you all knew the true man. As I read the posts about him helping others playing the game and his sense of humor.....that is soooo him!! It is so comforting to know that he was loved by so many people. He had a very tough battle with leukemia and I and my 2 brothers and sister watched him struggle especially the last week of his life. We all live out of town and flew in just in time to say goodbye. He was so concerned about us letting all of you know that he was gone. I'm so glad we fulfilled this wish of his. My brother was actually the one who sent the post on 9/23 "i am no longer here" . Finding these posts here are amazing and I can't tell you how incredible comforted I feel right now! God bless each and everyone of you and I'm so glad you all got to know my dad....Please email me anytime...Now that I"m logged on to these forums I'll check for posts...who knows, maybe I'll even learn how to play this game!!! Take care! Brenda Gerson...sallie's lil girl...
my email:
[email protected] OR [email protected]

L

Lady_Morwen

*Smiles*
I often enjoyed your fathers writings... as I am sure many of us did.

Like Dor said, maybe it would be a great tribute to your father to keep his account(s) active and continue what he started...

And I more then sure you would be more then welcome to join our community...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, Brenda Gerson! sallie's lil girl? Oh, wow .. now we are completely overwhelmed! *big Hugs* This is so nice meeting someone in the family! It is like having a part of your Dad coming in to visit. We need that. It's such a sad time. He leaves a big hole in everyone's life. Time heals but right now it's tough for everyone, and as we all can imagine .. it has all been especially hard on you and your family for a long time. I am glad you found your way to posting a message to us and are here discovering what held your father in the game for so long. He has a lot of friends in here who care, and as you can see from the posts, alot of other people relate and care and wish they had known him.
This game and the supportive friends we make in it, are a tonic for what ails us at times when we most need to be distracted from Real Life problems.
Your Dad must have said something about how UO can become very addictive, time consuming and how it can interfer with real life too, so, I bet his good advice would be: becareful you don't start playing this or other games and spending too much time on them when the time could be better spent on real life skills and living to the fullest. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Please thank your brother for posting your Dad's message.
It would have been much worse not knowing (for all his friends in here) had nothing been said.

*Hugs* and best wishes to you and your family.

J

jat

Hi, it's nice to meet you! Your father was a very inspiring and interesting man. We will all miss him and his writings to this board. I hope you and your family are doing well and that you all know that we will miss him posting! May God be with you in your time of need.

He will be missed.

P

PrettymeSi

Welcome! and I hope you can continue to visit this forum and yes! we also hope you will give the game a try, and like many said keep your dad's characters going *smile*

Y

YukonJack

Sallies Girl,

I didn't know Sallie, but he had a whole other life online here with many people who I'm sure he held as close and and as dear to his heart as his real family. Online friendships become very close very quickly, and as I'm sure others can atest to, sometimes stronger then real life friendships.
You made mention of possibly starting to play, and I say that that would be an exceptional idea as a sort of remeberance to him. I'm sure there is someone on this board that is semi close to your location that could assist you either over the phone or in person with resuming his acct service.

I dont know what shard Sallie played on but it seems fitting that a rememberance ceremony from the "magic moments" services be started for Sallie. Im sure it could be paid for in a matter of minutes by donations from people on this board.

I'm sure Sallie will make someone an excellent gaurdian angel.

Love and prayers to you and yours Sallie's Girl

R

Ravencroft

*warm smile and a big hug to you your brother and sisters.*
I thought perhaps I was all cried out after the Memorial at the Y for your Dad, until I saw your post. Sallie is really going to be missed.

echo

G

Grom_Lighthammer

Sallie's Girl.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sallie will be missed. I never met him in game, but I knew him well on the boards. If you ever decide to pick up on the game and you need any help at all, let me know. I will be glad to lend my services to you.

*hugs*

Grom.

<center>
</center>
<center> The Lag Monster Cometh!!</center>

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Sallie's girl,

Always enjoyed your dad's posts..As you can see, he will be missed sorely.

*raises cup in toast*

G

we're here for you sallie's girl.
so sorry for your loss, but glad we were able to know him.
and if you do decide to play uo, you will have lots of ready made friends waiting for you

C

Cosis

You and your family have my deepest sympathy. I didnt know your dad as I played on a different shard, but he seemed like a really good guy judging by his posts.

J

Jester of Sonoma

with family you will find love, in friends you will find hope

A year ago a friend of mine gave me a card that had that scribed in it. It is very true. Without my friends I would have been lost. Take care...........

Hope guides me.................

N

Newman

My girlreind has Leukemia right now, I know much what your going through. The radiation, the chemotherapy, the bonemarrow transplants, countless blood tests, bone marrow asperations, spinal taps... It must be hell. Please be comforted to know that hes now in a better place, and not having to go through the pain and suffering thathe was and now we are going through. God bless, and stay strong. Im sure he would have wanted that.

T

thepiper

*passes cup of coffee to all and raises a toast*

Whenever you or your siblings decide to start an account, though it wasn't Sallie's shard, if you start a character on the chessapeake shard, feel free to find me. My house isn't hard to find once you've learned a little about the map and how to get around. I have the only house behind the illusionist's guild on Verity isle. This is the island with the city of Moonglow. If you see one of my characters, I will gladly help you as Sallie helped so many others.

My character's are GotMilk, Hannah, Piper, and Brailey and my girlfriend's character is Here Sheepy. When you check my house sign, it will either say Proper Piper's Pad, or Proper Piper's Emporium.

I saw that all of you had to fly in and therefore, if any of you are in the central ohio or southeast ohio area and you want to start up and need help, feel free to contact me, I live in southeast OH. It's the least I can do to offer help for any of you that decide to join our online community in-game.
My email is [email protected].

M

masterofjam

I have never met or even read any of Sallies posts. But I know what it is like to be close to someone with cancer, and I know whats it's like to have cancer. My sincerest apologies for happened.