• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im retiering from europa and moves on to SP for a softer life there.

G

Some of you my be glad and some my not even bother, but any way.
Have a nice life ower here.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If my ping was better on SP i'd have immigrated a long time ago
We've been asking for a european version for so long now i've given up hope on that one.

G

I havent pvp,d any yet ( even if i suck at it) but the speed seems to be no problem.

G

I play both shards. My usual ping to Siege is around 110 - 150, which actually isn't bad at all I don't find any major slow down in the speed I'm able to move. Mind you, that could be down to my pc not being able to take full advantage of the faster ping I have to Europa

R

Romie

i tried SP before i quit playing properly and did find speed was a problem, although that was when i was on 256k about 3/4 years ago which is ancient history compared to the connection im on now

i did enjoy it though, have fun

G

What is special about SP again, isnt it like Pre AoS or something?

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The main differences are - no trammel, no insurance, ROT skillgain and NPC's wont buy from you. They may sound like subtle changes, but they have quite a significant impact on gameplay.

G

Closest to pre aos you can come now out side privet servers.

1 You cant bye skills
2 cant sell to vendors
3 3* expensive items on npc vendors
4 special gain system after 70,1
5 no incurence
6 all alowed to 1 blessed item
7 thieves works there or to be correct all skills work there
8 telekinesis dont work on SP
9 cant recall or SJ. Must gate
10 No imba templets or item runners

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider playing Europa and playing Siege as playing two different (UO) games.

I love Europa for what Europa offers me and I love Siege for what Siege offers me...

G

Sounds interesting to say the least
, i miss my fel days alot but i'm happy as i am on Europa, doubt i'll have time to play another shard as all my time on UO goes into Europa

G

I like Siege because it makes me think, but I only have one char there, a crafter, and I don't always want to play a crafter. I split my time fairly evenly between the two shards.

I don't pvp.

I started the char simply to get an ethy for Terry's chars there, with no intention of staying so I started with totally the wrong skills for a crafter, then I had to work out which skills to train first.

You can't buy skills from npcs and you can't buy resources. So, I needed to be able to make my tools - so start with tinkering? No resources.

I actually started by buying an axe. Chop wood to make rolling pins - the only thing on the tinkering menu I could find that I could make with 0 skill, I'd made an elf, so JoaT wasn't available.

Now I have to think: What's the safest way to get to where I want to be?
When is it safest to go?
What do I absolutely have to have with me and what should I leave at home?
I don't have the right skills for some things, is there a way to work around that? (legally!)
For example: I can't kill harpies for feathers to make arrows for my vendor. But I can lure them out of the nest in Ilsh and get the pixies to kill them for me.
I need bones for crafting bone armour and bone machete, they're 100gp each to buy them.

I found I can kill them myself with a pair of swords skill jewels, a siege blessed dread pirate's hat, a heartwood suit with +5% hci on each piece and a +9 hci runic crafted katana.
Siege taxes my ingenuity.

G

The fun is if more from europa comes the server will bee alive 24/7