• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm pleasently surprised!

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing UO since 2001 off and on, but have always given Atlantic a bit of a wide birth. When I have been on the shard I discovered people scamming, alot of trash talk and generally a bad feeling about the place...

However I've now spent the last month solely on the shard and I am really pleasently surprised at how many nice people there are on the shard. Over the last 4 weeks virtually everyday I've met someone whom I've chatted to for over an hour or two about all things UO and real life. I've discovered there are loads of people who'll help you out if you need it, trading is excellent and generally the people are excellent.

Yes there is some trash talk but they are a minority and tend to trash talk thier own circles and leave everyone else alone. I've also found that reds dont seem to attack on sight and seem to enjoy an audiance when they pvp around Yew (and I'm not talking about standing in the GC either, I'm talking about being right in the thick of it). Advice has been offered freely and I've been making alot of new friends here.

I look at Atlantic now with a different view and I've decided that I'm going to stay on this shard. I've got a little house in the swamps in fel (although I would love a keep or castle, they are too expensive for me) and I've been training up some toons. Even the EM day event was pretty awesome (Thus the reason I'm now training a Mystic Mage).

Well done Atlantic, its changed alot from what it was and you should all be proud! Only thing I cant find is the Roleplay!!! I know your there somewhere, show yaselves!!!

Sal

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad to see that you're going to stick around! :)

T

Tazar

Atlantic has the biggest population - so there are more problem children - but also more great people. Sadly, the problem people are the most vocal and usually create that first impression. I'm glad you've taken the time to get to know some good people.

R

Readydood

Diago, is that the name of your toon on Atlantic?

I am a life long player of the shard and usually around daily, and always in help global channel. My poverty is world class, so I cannot offer up any financial assistance... but fourteen years on the shard, I know my way around... even the roleplay circles a bit.

Hollar for me on here or in-game if you feel like it.

T

Tazar

Only thing I cant find is the Roleplay!!! I know your there somewhere, show yaselves!!!
For Roleplay, you can check with the ARPC community here.

Tavern nights are on Monday evenings at 9pm eastern which is a great chance to get to know folks.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Readydood - Yep same name on here as my main toon on Atlantic. I'm also around on a toon called Sari-Liane :) I'm hoping to start doing peerless etc when I find a guild thats active and willing to accept me.

Tazar - I'll look into it, thank you :) Although 9pm EST is around 2am for me lol.

:)

R

Readydood

You're welcome to join my guild, MAN^
We are working on getting more active players... but what we lack in a massive roster, we makeup for in sarcasm and unrelenting vulgarity :)

When you usually on? I'll shout for you next time I do on a peerless run.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on most times really (ALthough I can be on different shards) I'm normally on between server up (10am BST) till sometime around 12am BST. It just so happens that during Atlantics busiest time is when I'm asleep lol >.<

Sari-Liane is my main peerless/champ mystic/mage. Salivern is my bank sitter/stealther