• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) I'm currently hoovering over the subscribe button

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone, it's been a while...

Thinking hard of subscribing one of my old accounts. I don't know exactly why yet. Maybe it's mostly nostalgic :)

Any Wardens of Yowlumne members still around? Do people use Discord nowadays?

Was thinking of doing some fishing and t-hunting just to pass some time, and to revisit some spots, or something.

Should I subscribe, or has everyone moved on to greener pastures?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd swear that button was dusted regularly, are you sure you need to hoover it? :p

Lots of us still here, not planning on moving anywhere else, and you'll find a few old faces enjoying a chin-wag at WBB each evening 6 - 7pm UK. I might even show up myself. Mostly they're there to help new and returning players.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I caved... :p

I managed to resub my old main account, and I managed to figure out how to reinstall UOAssist, but I can't get seem to get UO Cartographer / or Automap working, which is a pain for me with wanting to do some MIB's / T-Maps.

And yeah, I lost my houses years ago, but I see there's plenty of room now.

Just going to find a nice empty spot somewhere. Maybe tomorrow I'll play some ;)

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's a few public Davies' Lockers around which go a long way to making T-Maps and MIBs easier than they used to be - couple it with a sextant and they're pretty short work to say the least. Or use the EC and you can match the coordinates instead.

Come and join us at the WBB Meet, it's still going strong. 6-7 GMT every day!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For automap you need Kojak's update, there's a thread on UHall UOAM & UOCART ........
there's also some trouble shooting posts in the thread if you have problems

Terry and I have an 18x18 on Siege, that same location is currently vacant on Europa, Trammel. If it would suit you, I have a rune I can give you.

Last edited:

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For automap you need Kojak's update, there's a thread on UHall UOAM & UOCART ........
there's also some trouble shooting posts in the thread if you have problems

Terry and I have an 18x18 on Siege, that same location is currently vacant on Europa, Trammel. If it would suit you, I have a rune I can give you.
Hey Petra, thanks for the offer!

I placed a large tower a few feet away from where my old tower stood. It suits me for now :)

I managed to get UO Automap to work by setting the application to run as administrator, apparently that caused the issue of it not linking to the active player properly :)

And perhaps a real longshot, but was anyone at my tower's IDOC and found any of my soulstones per chance?

I don't know what skills I had on my soulstones, but my characters' names are: Kane LeBaiton, Eliyah LeBaiton, Talan'andar, Heldan, Kay Flamborough, Jera Emma, or James Touchstone

I highly suspect that's where I stored Eliyah's GM Mining :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Soulstones are now worth clean-up points so if an idoc'er finds them they usually end up in the trash. You could be lucky though and a friend might have been there when your home fell. We did have a soulstone graveyard on Europa but I think it stopped a while after the soulstones had clean-up value. Good luck anyway, I hope you can get them back! :)

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstones are now worth clean-up points so if an idoc'er finds them they usually end up in the trash. You could be lucky though and a friend might have been there when your home fell. We did have a soulstone graveyard on Europa but I think it stopped a while after the soulstones had clean-up value. Good luck anyway, I hope you can get them back! :)
Ahh, well, not much hope of any soulstones surviving then. I have no idea if anyone I knew was there when it fell. Thanks for the info! :)

HaYl0

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the mining was for the T hunter then you should still be okay, the EC client map make it easier matching the pixels up to the map.

If you need any maps let me know and if you can get hold of a davies locker it will make your life much easier!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the mining was for the T hunter then you should still be okay, the EC client map make it easier matching the pixels up to the map.

If you need any maps let me know and if you can get hold of a davies locker it will make your life much easier!
Hey HaYl0! I've looked up what a Davies Locker was exactly, because when I last played that didn't exist, haha. Yeah, looks like it might be useful for me, I'll see if I can spare a veteran reward slot for one.

Last time I was actively collecting t-maps I had in excess of 1200 maps. Maybe I should try and collect less this time :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey HaYl0! I've looked up what a Davies Locker was exactly, because when I last played that didn't exist, haha. Yeah, looks like it might be useful for me, I'll see if I can spare a veteran reward slot for one.

Last time I was actively collecting t-maps I had in excess of 1200 maps. Maybe I should try and collect less this time :D
My 'rule' for davies is never let the inventory get beyond page 3, when it hits there I start digging them up :D

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God, I HATE you people.

I have been gone for years, but every 6 months I drop-by to see if you are all still alive.

Then I see a thread like this..... LeB... a name i knew years ago wanting to come back, and names like Petra, Melchiah and Tabby saying "yeah, it's still good" How the hell am I ever supposed to walk away from UO when you buggers do this to me.

So..... before I get too excited and leap back in.....

I have the Samurai expansion, and (from what I remember), some sort of really-crappy-pseudo-3D view expansion, and not a lot else, so I guess it will take me 6 months to learn how to play the game again.

Be honest people: Is it worth it?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to add to the temptation, we're back, although we're a bit sporadic in terms of actual game time. And yeah, it's still fun. Worth a bit of your time, certainly :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Don't bother buying Stygian Abyss as it's soon free to all accounts, although they may already have removed it from Origin. There will be Endless Journey soon so that would be a good time to see what's going on for free, it's the free trial but no longer restricted to 2 weeks! I think if you haven't played for at least 4 months your account will convert to an EJ one.

HaYl0

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 'rule' for davies is never let the inventory get beyond page 3, when it hits there I start digging them up :D
Since adding all my maps to it ive been trying to get the amount down, maybe to the third page would be a good goal. Trying to get rid of the level 1 maps.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God, I HATE you people.

I have been gone for years, but every 6 months I drop-by to see if you are all still alive.

Then I see a thread like this..... LeB... a name i knew years ago wanting to come back, and names like Petra, Melchiah and Tabby saying "yeah, it's still good" How the hell am I ever supposed to walk away from UO when you buggers do this to me.

So..... before I get too excited and leap back in.....

I have the Samurai expansion, and (from what I remember), some sort of really-crappy-pseudo-3D view expansion, and not a lot else, so I guess it will take me 6 months to learn how to play the game again.

Be honest people: Is it worth it?
There's a page in the uo.com player wiki just for you - and other similar folk. A Summary for Returning Players – Ultima Online

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi everyone, it's been a while...

Thinking hard of subscribing one of my old accounts. I don't know exactly why yet. Maybe it's mostly nostalgic :)

Any Wardens of Yowlumne members still around? Do people use Discord nowadays?

Was thinking of doing some fishing and t-hunting just to pass some time, and to revisit some spots, or something.

Should I subscribe, or has everyone moved on to greener pastures?
did you, are you active? I am returning too :)