• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

im confused

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
really?
True Britain's who are in.... Britain.
and that makes no sense to you?
or that they are IN the castle that is owned by Lord Britain, and loyal to him.

i kinda thought it was an obvious line to draw.

and COM was in Mag, but was recently moved to the ocean base.
and MX use to be just outside of Pap, but was moved to its mountain retreat.

but, i think i know where your going.
why are they in a town instead of out in the wilds like the rest of the bases have been moved.
i think the simple answer is that when they did the faction revamp a couple years back they DID move the new base out of town.
but those changes where never brought in due to dislike from the masses.

i personally think its kinda fitting.
SL is a good red base.
so is MX for that matter.
and TB is a good blue base.
plus it keeps non faction combatants out of the way.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
really?
True Britain's who are in.... Britain.
and that makes no sense to you?
or that they are IN the castle that is owned by Lord Britain, and loyal to him.

i kinda thought it was an obvious line to draw.

and COM was in Mag, but was recently moved to the ocean base.
and MX use to be just outside of Pap, but was moved to its mountain retreat.

but, i think i know where your going.
why are they in a town instead of out in the wilds like the rest of the bases have been moved.
i think the simple answer is that when they did the faction revamp a couple years back they DID move the new base out of town.
but those changes where never brought in due to dislike from the masses.

i personally think its kinda fitting.
SL is a good red base.
so is MX for that matter.
and TB is a good blue base.
plus it keeps non faction combatants out of the way.
I disagree, TB base REALLY needs to be moved out of town, as is it's incredibly dangerous to get in a faction fight anywhere near tb base as it's the only base where while you're escaping with the sigils most spells don't work and most attacks will get you guardwhacked, if you have red guildmates or faction partners you can't even heal them when fighting there. It's also the only base "griefable" by non-faction blues being edging a guard zone, as they can block off the enterence or stop you when leaving and there's nothing you can do about it. It's also the only base that the "faction-only" block zone doesn't cover the entire enterence, non-faction players can easily get inside it and do whatever they want anywhere in the base, but you can't flag on anything around there or the second you hit the drawbridge you get whacked....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually i disagree.
it should remain where it is.
BUT, i think there is a easy fix to make everyone happy.
blow up the existing bridge so it cant be used anymore.
then drop a grenade along the back wall and make a new entrance off the back side.
a nice rubble bridge.
that way you dont have to go through the town to get into the base.

problem solved.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually i disagree.
it should remain where it is.
BUT, i think there is a easy fix to make everyone happy.
blow up the existing bridge so it cant be used anymore.
then drop a grenade along the back wall and make a new entrance off the back side.
a nice rubble bridge.
that way you dont have to go through the town to get into the base.

problem solved.
the only issues I have with that solution is that it's bad enough on siege non-faction players don't have access to castle british at all (aside from using the "glitch" with the drawbridge to get in, which really sucks for a lot of people as it was a popular RP spot), while that would be fine for faction purposes, I'd love to see the castle public again as well.....there's also the fact that that HUGE area just outside town is also guardzone, so while there's less npc's on the backside it's still in the city. If the guard zone is (finally) cut down a bit so that it only goes to the outer drawbridge though that would work, though I'd say converting the nearby "warriors guild" building to the faction base would be more ideal than it being in the huge castle (seriously, TB base has like 10x the groundspace of the other bases and boy do their thieves abuse that....)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think its funny.
if we had let them bring in all those sweeping changes that they wanted to bring in a couple years ago 99% of the stuff we complain about in factions right now wouldnt even be here.
including the bases.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think its funny.
if we had let them bring in all those sweeping changes that they wanted to bring in a couple years ago 99% of the stuff we complain about in factions right now wouldnt even be here.
including the bases.
the devs unfortunately have a habit of listening to majority view on the forums which rarely, if ever, matches majority view in game. (heck, I didnt start posting on stratics until I moved to siege, before stratics I only used private guild forum but when I came back to the game I had trouble finding people to even get simple things crafted :/ ) Not hard to see why our population is dropping at such an alarming rate :/

I dunno though, honestly the new "proposed" factions system was just as bad as what we have now, aside from the base moving (which I don't really remember too many people being against, most people were just against getting rid of a faction and renaming the others, i think pretty much everyone agrees there's a problem with TB bases placement) the new changes were radically different but solved pretty much NONE of the problems factions has, such as it still circled around controlling towns but had even less reason to care about it. I had BARELY made the transition to the "new" faction system at that time (I'd only played it before prior to the changes before that, so pre-artys, pre changes) so I didn't really chime in one way or another then.