• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm confused about Stealing

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I have 100 stealing (Jeweled) But i can't steal anything..... I was able to nab a bunch of stuff from a guild mate and not be in the thieves guild (hehehehehe) but when I hit the underground I spent 30 minutes trying to get an artifact rarity 3.... I had to leave empty handed after trying a few other things.

Am I just in RNG hell or did I miss something? Does monster aggro matter? Does it base it off real skill to pick up and jewel skill to attempt?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's more about the item weight than the artifact rating.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, so how do I tell the weight if it's not listed and apply this to my skill so I can stop wasting time? Item database?

Also where can I find the current math for weight? I can steal more weight than I thought I could after reading UO Guide. (IE I was doing 15 stones at 60 skill)