• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm back..mostly

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I never really went away, just stopped visiting the forums as much because of no time on my plate.

If you follow UOHomeDecor's Facebook page, you'll know I was laid off at the end of 2018, launched my own business and have been busy ever since. I still have UOHomeDecor and am still trying to do updates here and there.

The site recently went a complete redesign due to a change in support for the themes. I'm still fixing a few things, but for the most part, the redesign is done.

I still play UO, off and on when I can, just not as much as I used to (running a business is hard work, but rewarding work).

What are some things you would like to see added? I plan to start the Home Tours again as I have a bunch saved from before and a bunch of posts to add for guides and such.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back!

Home tours are nice, I always enjoy seeing good deco and design in action. A deco guide explaining where items with certain graphics and items come from would be really useful (a LOT of disreputable vendors selling easy to obtain items and quest rewards as "rares" and "server births"). That would be a pretty big undertaking though. Maybe the addition of some modern guides to deco tricks in centralized place (L-shaped stairs come to mind). I'm not sure what all you would like the scope of the page to be. Anything and everything home design and deco?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been working on that - but I'm not current with all the new items. Anyone that can help with screenshots I can edit for images and how to acquire would be really welcomed!

There are guides to L-shaped Stairs and other guides :)

Have you seen the site? You'd be surprrised what's already there and has been for a few years. I'm more out of date on current items LOL www.uohomedecor.com

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did an overhaul of the site - there might be some errors. If anyone sees any, let me know.

And some weeks I'm pretty swamped with my business. The last few were 60 hour weeks - ugh. But hey money is money, right?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW Starting a new business I am surprised you got away with just 60hr weaks.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
60 hours billable. We won't say how many hours go into the non-billable. (A lot. A lot a lot.)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't checked out your page yet, but I will. If it isn't there already, I'd like to see a section with each of the new castle designs. That way I can get some ideas for customization for my own.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's not there yet. I need to add that. And keep designs.

I honestly wanted to be able to place some on test and play with them but haven't had the gold to do it. I'll see what I can do to get them there. I may do them by design with pictures for each castle on a page of its own.

Thanks for the suggestion!