• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm at Work, and I'm Impatient... KR SCREENSHOTS WANTED!

• Thread starter imported_Coldren
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Coldren

Can anyone post some screenshots from the latest KR patch? Preferably some before and after pics should you happen to have them?

I've heard it looks better without the clouds, images are sharper, etc.. I'd really like to see it! Oh, and the new UI for NPC shops!

Thanks in advance!

S

slasherofveils

actually took longer to apply the patch then download it on my laptop, heh, bout 20 mins downloading, then half an hour to apply lol.

C

cjc2797x

I'm in the same situation - at work and I'm dying to see some pics of the improved kr grapics.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

Let us know if swamp dragons look any better....they are a bit oversized for my taste.

And why don't the wings show when they are armored?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm in the same situation - at work and I'm dying to see some pics of the improved kr grapics.

[/ QUOTE ]Outside areas looks a bit less washed out but most items (like runes) still look blurry - as does the mini-map.

G

I posted two (one of the new look of the red solen warrioor and one of the blue beetle's makeover) in the KR patch thread.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Outside areas looks a bit less washed out but most items (like runes) still look blurry - as does the mini-map.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that , its no Super graphics , but way better and more stable than the first month of release..

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It is, and the DL is a whopper..
800mb patch

[/ QUOTE ]

In before the crying from the dial up crowd begins.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least the dailupers can connect. :p

I'm on satelite and I've been able to successfully download ... 4.35MB. This will be a long patch. Since 'bout November I've been unable to successfully patch, its quite annoying. Took me 3 hours of repeatedly opening and closing the patcher when it errrored to download the patch for 2D so if I need to, I can get in game.

*Sighs*

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah...Nova Scotia doesn't seem to be the best place for Satelite. =|
Maybe one day you'll get some proper broadband out there. =]

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone other than the one person in UO with a computer that seems to handle KR with no problems, post some? No offense Dermott, but your excitement with KR each and every new change is already duly noted. It does little to comfort me in the least though. I spent just over $1700 on my current computer/dual monitor setup only 3 months ago, I"ve already posted the specs, and KR is an abysmal disappointment to me performance wise..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can someone other than the one person in UO with a computer that seems to handle KR with no problems, post some? No offense Dermott, but your excitement with KR each and every new change is already duly noted. It does little to comfort me in the least though. I spent just over $1700 on my current computer/dual monitor setup only 3 months ago, I"ve already posted the specs, and KR is an abysmal disappointment to me performance wise..

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone. The graphic changes are a far cry from fixing KR. Performance is still horrible on PCs designed to handle programs a 100 times more demanding than KR as advertised to be. Screen shots can not convey how horrible performance is, but I have some anyway so you can see what your 800MB "improved" graphics download is worth. As soon as Photobucked uploads, I'll post them here.

G

And here they are:

Exhibit A:

Notice how only the top of my hair is colored the way it should be.
Notice how my leg still falls through my mount.
And, no, that is not a rat with a cat’s tail sewn on to its butt. It is supposed to be a ferret, though it neither looks like nor walks remotely like a ferret. Nor is it the same color as it was in 2D and 3D.

Exhibit B:

Yes, I can still kick through my cloak.

Exhibit C:

This is the new beetle. It is thankfully smaller, and is capable of walking through floor tiles, and there is a slot in its head to insert your leg so you look like a centaur.

Exhibit D:

Great to know how your beautifully designed house can look in KR...

Exhibit E:

Yes, you can still see the flames from floors above and below.
The parrots are still hovering above their perches and flapping their wings.
The banner can only be dyed in the most hideous way.

All in all, 800MB worth of graphic changes that replace broken graphics with crappy graphics.