• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] I'm at 70.0 Bushido, but I can't get a gain from Momentum Strike

F

Fat Lip

Please advise me. I've been doing my Momentum Strike and getting up next to enemies but I don't seem to get a confermation message or skill gain after hitting the 1st target. :confused:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be doing Lightning Strike at that level not Momentium.

F

Fat Lip

You should be doing Lightning Strike at that level not Momentium.
I was hardly getting gains at 61.0 off Lightning Strike, then I moved up to Evasion, and I'm barely getting gains off Evasion now.

Plus, I thought the Bushido write-up says that going to Momentum strike at 70.0 is doable, or something to that effect.

F

Fat Lip

Momentum strike requires 2 targets.
That's what I was attempting. I had a group of monsters follow me around, then I'd target one of them in the group, activate momentum strike, and then charge in to attack. I was not getting any confirmation that the ability went off, no other targets took damage, and I didn't get any skill gain.

O

Old Man of UO

You are failing the skill check and won't gain unless you succeed. Momentum strike requires a minimum of 70.0 skill to use... that doesn't mean you will succeed, just that you can attempt it. You have about 1 in 100 chance at the minimum skill level.

You should be using Lightning Strike. That will take you all the way to 120, but once you get to about 80 work in the Momentum Strike.

F

Fat Lip

You are failing the skill check and won't gain unless you succeed. Momentum strike requires a minimum of 70.0 skill to use... that doesn't mean you will succeed, just that you can attempt it. You have about 1 in 100 chance at the minimum skill level.

You should be using Lightning Strike. That will take you all the way to 120, but once you get to about 80 work in the Momentum Strike.
Ok, thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.
man dont bother.
JD made a post like this recently too.

Just get a blue horse (unguilded) 40 LMC, a weapon to swing at cap (1.25) and as much mana regen as possible (try lich form if "sampire") and LS the crap outa him until 120. Easy.

shouldn't take more than a day.

either that or just go hunt stuff if you CBA to make a macro. it'll come in no time....

O

Old Man of UO

man dont bother.
JD made a post like this recently too.

Just get a blue horse (unguilded) 40 LMC, a weapon to swing at cap (1.25) and as much mana regen as possible (try lich form if "sampire") and LS the crap outa him until 120. Easy.

shouldn't take more than a day.

either that or just go hunt stuff if you CBA to make a macro. it'll come in no time....
Not everyone want's to take a shortcut, or macro away skills. You actually learn about skills and their limitations through PvM... beating a horse teaches you nothing, except perhaps impatience.

J

[JD]

I think you should definitely still get good gains from lightning strike. I don't think I bothered with Momentum until 90+.

Just keep in mind you use lightning strike in lieu of other specials like AI, Feint, etc.

It takes so little mana. Remember to honor. It will let you crit with LS and do wtfamazing damage. If you want help setting up a lightning strike macro in the EC let me know.

Bushido seems to take longer than tactics or weaponskill to raise. Currently I'm stuck in the low 100's, and get a couple .1's a day using momentum/lightning.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...either that or just go hunt stuff if you CBA to make a macro. it'll come in no time....
Not everyone want's to take a shortcut, or macro away skills. You actually learn about skills and their limitations through PvM... beating a horse teaches you nothing, except perhaps impatience.
Please note original comment.

LS is all you need to 120 other skills are icing on the cake. I've levelled 3 bushi to 115-120 this way and about 4-5 with a horse. Just providing options for slow-gainers old man :)

F

Fat Lip

Wonderful! Thanks for the new idea. And as a side note, I hate training skills and want them done with as soon as possible, so I'll give the horse thing a try.