• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Illegal Roof. Not Legal To Committing..........HELP?!?!?

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there something wrong with the custom design system? Iam trying to commit a house design and i get the message:

Illegal Roof.....Not Legal To Committing

Now, i like to think i am not a knucklehead so i feel like i have tried every single thing i can think of to get this to commit. i even took all the roofing off down and it still wont commit. any suggestions?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You have an orange tile somewhere. Find the orange tile and fix it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A picture might help...roofs are tricky

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no orange at all...........there was one tricky part but i systematically took off all the roofing off one section at a time until there is no roof remaining and i still get the message. i honestly have no clue why it wont let me commit.

upload_2017-4-2_22-41-46.png

like i said, no orange at all. no roofing at all. anything i thought was questionable i removed(like stairs used as roofing) and i still get that message

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could be hidden behind one of the walls on the lower floors. You won't be able to see it unless you delete some of the walls. Even using the transparency won't show it as that will also make the illegal piece transparent.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok......thx for the help. if i can get on later tonite, i am going to delete all the upper floors and start to commit each floor one at a time and try to figure out where the problem is. its really odd because i have never encountered this problem before.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no orange at all...........there was one tricky part but i systematically took off all the roofing off one section at a time until there is no roof remaining and i still get the message. i honestly have no clue why it wont let me commit.

View attachment 64690

like i said, no orange at all. no roofing at all. anything i thought was questionable i removed(like stairs used as roofing) and i still get that message
Loving the palm trees in the backround and it looks pretty remote too, where is this located on GL?

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats holding up the top floor youre on?
All the upper walls are supported by lower walls. there is no orange on any floor. i am at a loss, i really am. like i said ill try later tonite to build it from the ground up and commit as i build each floor............ill see how that works out

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving the palm trees in the backround and it looks pretty remote too, where is this located on GL?
yes its an 18x18 located on a tok island all by itsself. id like to get this design up because this house along with a fel castel my be going up for sale soon.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I can't tell from the picture, it might be a wall on one of the bottom floors...can't really tell what the finished design looks like but it looks interesting! Can you take screenshots of each floor?

I see that you have no walls on the south and east sides...something might be interfering with that....some designs are tricky.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I can't tell from the picture, it might be a wall on one of the bottom floors...can't really tell what the finished design looks like but it looks interesting! Can you take screenshots of each floor?

I see that you have no walls on the south and east sides...something might be interfering with that....some designs are tricky.
like i said there is no orange on any floor and every wall is supported. i will try and post pics later if need be because i am gonna tear it down and commit it floor by floor till i find out where the problem is. hopefully i won have to post pics at all....lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hopefully! I've had to do that too...or something you did before glitched it out. Backup the current design and then clear it..make sure the house is properly placed (That has happened before) Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Tbis will sound strange - but before you destroy it and try each floor method - try changing the foundation. That may fix it.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i found out what the problem was. it was a piece of thatched roofing hidden behind a wall. when i used the floor transparency option.........the thatched piece would disappear so i could never see the orange. now all that being said i started from the roof and deleted all the walls, one at a time on every floor till i found it. when i did, i hit restore and then went right to the spot to delete it so i lost no progress at all. thank god