• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IFF unzip?

Q

Qute Pi

I am wondering if anyone knows how I can get my sims face from TSO for sims 1. How I could get the rare pet skins for sims 1. Even the item objects.
I don't care if the objects don't do what they do in TSO. I more just want them for memory in my sims 1 world. (Yes Im behind with sims 1, but I still love it lol)

I found an IFF locator program, and tried to put the object files I found into sims 1 which after ended up crashing and I had to reinstall. The crash could have been caused from other reasons, but I am afraid to do what I did before because it takes forever to reinstall all the expansions lol.

So...any help I could get on how this is done, I would appreciate. Thanks!
:confused:

Q

Qute Pi

*sighs*
I guess no one knows?
Or no one cares? lol. :| poo

At least I made a statue of my Qute Pi. lol

F

Founder

*sighs*
I guess no one knows?
Or no one cares? lol. :| poo

At least I made a statue of my Qute Pi. lol
Hey! I care! Unfortunately I know as much about IFFs as you probably know about leopard-skin couches and sushi!

S

SimTripps

I don't think the TSO objects are .iff, so bringing them into S1 would be difficult...

R

Raisin

I've read about this in another thread, someone posted a website where you could download a lot of Sims Online skins and objects. There was also some program that could extract them, I think.
Unfortunately I can't find that post again - I think it was on these temp forums, but might have been on the old stratics.

Not much help I'm afraid. Unless someone else can find that post :bored:

S

Spaghetti Legs

Qute, I hope someone can provide the answer for you, but it sure isn't me. :confused:

P

Palin

Hi Qute Pi... I can help you with the skins... I have all the faces and clothes from TSO for Sims1 (got them years ago at some site and just kept them on my old computer... I just looked, they are still there).

So I can email you the faces/clothes for females (sorry, I don't have the male stuff). PM me if interested.

Palin aka Karma Sutra :)

G

Gilly

Starrfoxx had a whole thread about tranferring TSO item to Sims1....on the old boards.....which we might still get back. **crosses fingers**

He listed several sites with TSO items on them and he was trying to figure out how to reverse the CC process with transmorgrifier to capture TSO build and buy mode items to put into the Sims1 files.

I hope we have not lost Starrfoxx along with the old boards. :(

Oops....In this post Starrfoxx says he is trying to gather info for a website...Post link

Z

Ziara

Wish I could help you Qute, kinda curious about it myself. The only website I found so far, is OddSim.com that has a few objects from Sims Online.

G

Gilly

Good find Ziara! Lots of unique TSO stuff on that site.

The main thing it proves, however, is that it *is* possible to take TSO items and convert them for The Sims1.....now we just have to find someone who knows how it is done, to tell us how we can do it! :D

Q

Qute Pi

Thanks everyone! :)
I'm gonna find Palin for my head (most important, I love my red headed pig tail girl. lol).
I know of oddsim and simslice, I have probably seen every object download site out there for sims 1 over the last 7+ years.

Some things are available, but not everything. I havent been able to find the pet skins, searched a whole bunch last night lol.

I don't expect these items to function correctly in sims 1, if they did that would be great, but I would just be happy converting them into sculptures. I used some program which located all of the iff files for tso. I just can't clone the iff files I found or change them. lol. *sighs*

Well if I figure it out I'll share what I know. :)

L

LadiLuck

Thanks everyone! :)
I'm gonna find Palin for my head (most important, I love my red headed pig tail girl. lol).
I know of oddsim and simslice, I have probably seen every object download site out there for sims 1 over the last 7+ years.

Some things are available, but not everything. I havent been able to find the pet skins, searched a whole bunch last night lol.

I don't expect these items to function correctly in sims 1, if they did that would be great, but I would just be happy converting them into sculptures. I used some program which located all of the iff files for tso. I just can't clone the iff files I found or change them. lol. *sighs*

Well if I figure it out I'll share what I know. :)
Hey Qute found a red pig tailed avatar in WOW.. come join us so I can pull your pig tails ;) miss ya

Q

Qute Pi

lol ladi...actually i played wow many years ago, i think my character there had greeeeeen hair! She probably still exists since they don't delete characters. I made it to level 28 and quit to keep playing tso. lol. :D
I thought about it...but I just don't know about online games I have to devote so much time to anymore...

As for my head...someone has saved the day...Thank you Palin!

Q

Qute Pi

I am going on vacation this weekend, leaving tomorrow so I won't have time to search for other stuff, but I did get Palin's email (ty) and that will be the first thing I do when I get back monday. lol.

On another note, I looked at thrills tutorial, and he has a download for all his items he made! So that is the second thing I'll be doing on monday. lol. Just thought others might be interested in having his cars. (ty thrill)

B

Beth

can someone plz post the link to thrills tutorials, i use to have it but for the life of me i can't find it now, thx

T

TSOTori

I know in Yahoo groups there is a group there called TSOHeads that have SOME of the TSO sim heads (not all) that you can add to TS1 game :D

Q

Qute Pi

I know in Yahoo groups there is a group there called TSOHeads that have SOME of the TSO sim heads (not all) that you can add to TS1 game :D
Oh! Checking now. I got some of the heads from Palin, but the one I wanted wasn't in the set. ...Figures lol.
I won't give up tho lol.

Thanks everyone for your help!