• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you suicide it should deduct 1 kill point

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are having an issue with a couple faction players which are killing themselves with explosion boxes every time they are in danger of dying. While they don't avoid stat loss, they do save their kill points. I have noticed a couple players which seem to be gaining lots of points even though they have been dying a lot. If you kill yourself you should lose 1 kill point, that seems fair.

An even nicer, but perhaps more complicated solution, would be the last person who damaged you gets the normal amount of kill points. If you simply deduct 1 point then some people might still prefer suicide to deny their killers points and to save a potential multi-point loss.

A

Aia

You just gave me an idea.

If dying to trapped boxes puts you into stat and you lost points, then make faction traps work the same way! You die to a faction trap, you go into stat and lose points to the person who placed that trap!

But it would be nice if faction traps put you into stat.

B

Barbosa

Faction traps do not put you in stat loss. Trapped boxe's DO NOT put you in stat loss either. And no, you don't loose a point. It is the only method of suicide in the game mechanics that you get away, scott free with.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehh, I just think they should remove trapped boxes all together and then remove omen para bonus. This would make ****** bag dexers with out resist think twice about there 2 hitter templates.

As for faction traps putting ppl into stat, Barbosa is right. They do not put you into stat and that is not broken. Traps are way over powered at the moment because they can be placed next to each other. So ****** bags will place 2 or 3 rows of traps and just fight running back and forth over the traps like little cowards. Faction traps should not put you into stat because you do not want people using traps as their main source of dmg like the cowards in TB on GL do. The fact that faction traps do not put you into stat is the only thing thats makes them tolerable. I wouldn't expect Link to understand where I'm coming from it appears he is just being introduced to factions... so I'll let him come to that conclusion on his own. Then again his guild is the type to hide behind guards and traps and fight off their back.

A

Aia

Good points - you changed my mind about faction traps and stat loss.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JC, it seems like you always want to make things easier for factions, so what is the next thing on your agenda for factions to suit you??? Oh maybe move Factions to Trammel. LOL JC unbiased with his post, he whines and it changes havent you noticed that??? It is whatever is easiest that is what he wants.

Faction Traps: Say TB puts 3 craftsmen from thier faction into the opposing ones, then lay down the traps in rows across the bridge, do the math, you have 15 traps per faction, 15 x 4 = 60 traps. Then TB are all in their base defending from the top of the wall and keeping the gate close, with Archers and posion fields, that is a good defense for them, bad for opposing factions. There are a couple of good things coming with Pub 54 for Factions, CL being able to remove traps without skill is one them.

If you want to get something fixed, why not complain about the Bases. Minax and Shadow Lords bases, can only use poison traps, where Com and TB can use posion and exp traps. Then remove the gate at the entrance of TB base, then that would even up the fight. Then while you at it fix SL base, where there is only one entrance into the area, not allowing others to enter through the crypts.

And I totally agree with Cardell on the Evil Omen/Para, that should be nerfed in a hurry. Make it were a Efield flags the caster, that would stop alot of that nonsense.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JC, it seems like you always want to make things easier for factions, so what is the next thing on your agenda for factions to suit you??? Oh maybe move Factions to Trammel.
How does stopping people from killing themselves to avoid point loss make factions easier?

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They as always will find another way around it........I dont have to worry about points I dont have any and always in the negative.

My comment, is do something about the big problems in game, and quit sweating the small stuff. If they kill themselves in game, so what. If they do it to avoid losing points, so what. Are points really that important to factions, some think they are but to me no they are not. All points do is show that someone is better at the pvp ascept of factions then another character.

G

Googly

Theres ongoing arguments in TB about using other faction's traps. Fortunately during the last defense CoM and SL placed their traps on our bridge on their own accord. Lol, so, sucks for them.

But, that gate and explosion traps should currently remain the way they are until they completely rebuild SL base. I cant even believe you have the gall to call TB "cowards" when you're a mage (a necro mage at that) in SL base. The whole thing is one huge choke point, in some cases with only a single tile!

Not to mention a single detective in that sig room can passively reveal ANY stealther before he manages to get up all the levels.

While I disagree with TB's defense tactics (as a solid wall defense without a significant amount of mages rarely works, anyway), nobody in SL has any right to whine.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are both false. Traps and trap boxes do put you into stat loss. This was tested on Atlantic today.
I can't comment on trapped boxes, but faction traps do NOT put you into stat loss. Just a couple days ago I carelessly ran through Brit and hit 3 exp's in a row and died. I was not in stat.

G

Googly

Test it again, JC. ;)

Faction traps absolutely do not put you in stat. If you have 150 HP, an OJ hits you till hes done 149, and you hit that trap with a measly 1 hp...it still wont put you in stat.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if what's confusing folks is that if you are working on Remove Trap skill with a character that is in factions and that character is also the character that is trapping the boxes, you do go into skill loss if you die while removing the trap from one of the boxes. I've done it more than once, although it has been since sometime last year that I did it last.

Can anyone explain why this happens?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if what's confusing folks is that if you are working on Remove Trap skill with a character that is in factions and that character is also the character that is trapping the boxes, you do go into skill loss if you die while removing the trap from one of the boxes. I've done it more than once, although it has been since sometime last year that I did it last.

Can anyone explain why this happens?

This has nothing to do with trapping a box or removing the trap. It has everything to do with getting blown up by the trap and not going into stat over it. The reason you go into stat loss in factions is because you are actively trying to remove a trap whereas if you blow yourslef up by using it, you are circumventing the same penalty.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres ongoing arguments in TB about using other faction's traps. Fortunately during the last defense CoM and SL placed their traps on our bridge on their own accord. Lol, so, sucks for them.

But, that gate and explosion traps should currently remain the way they are until they completely rebuild SL base. I cant even believe you have the gall to call TB "cowards" when you're a mage (a necro mage at that) in SL base. The whole thing is one huge choke point, in some cases with only a single tile!

Not to mention a single detective in that sig room can passively reveal ANY stealther before he manages to get up all the levels.

While I disagree with TB's defense tactics (as a solid wall defense without a significant amount of mages rarely works, anyway), nobody in SL has any right to whine.
Lets get serious. Really, take a deep breath, gather your balls and think about this from an actual pvpers point of view. TB base has 1 disadvantage and that is its size. With that being said TB has more people, guards and traps (both gas and explosion mixxed on bridge, vendors to block, or semi block or what ever, the hay garbage from your OWN STABLES, a god damn gate that you can close before you can completely open it, guard zone so raiding guilds cannot cast AOEs until they are 5 tiles INTO your range, and so much more garbage. Its impossible for you to debate that SL base is easier to defend because it simply isnt. I havent seen you guys gather your balls and make an intelligent push 1 TIME since ive been back on this shard. NOT ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.

Your problem is simply you are not smart enough, you are not talented enough, and you are nothing but tamers, archers and dexers. You can whine all you want about detecters and choke points. I suggest making actual pvp templates and fighting us. If all 20 of you jack asses had real pvp templates you would be a lot better. But you refuse to think logically. You refuse to man up and take hiding ninja and stealth off your templates. Well thats fine, we'll continue to kick your teeth in, with half of your numbers, with you guys having all the advantages.

And trap boxes cannot be fixed with out being removed. If they do more dmg ppl will just use them to kill themselves more. All they have to do is remove the omen bonus to para spells so you cannot para for 20 seconds. But no, theyd rather the game be ruined. Is anyone really surprised at anything other than Link talking and making suggestions like he has any credability here? Really..

B

Barbosa

Lets get serious. Really, take a deep breath, gather your balls and think about this from an actual pvpers point of view. TB base has 1 disadvantage and that is its size. With that being said TB has more people, guards and traps (both gas and explosion mixxed on bridge, vendors to block, or semi block or what ever, the hay garbage from your OWN STABLES, a god damn gate that you can close before you can completely open it, guard zone so raiding guilds cannot cast AOEs until they are 5 tiles INTO your range, and so much more garbage. Its impossible for you to debate that SL base is easier to defend because it simply isnt. I havent seen you guys gather your balls and make an intelligent push 1 TIME since ive been back on this shard. NOT ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.

Your problem is simply you are not smart enough, you are not talented enough, and you are nothing but tamers, archers and dexers. You can whine all you want about detecters and choke points. I suggest making actual pvp templates and fighting us. If all 20 of you jack asses had real pvp templates you would be a lot better. But you refuse to think logically. You refuse to man up and take hiding ninja and stealth off your templates. Well thats fine, we'll continue to kick your teeth in, with half of your numbers, with you guys having all the advantages.

And trap boxes cannot be fixed with out being removed. If they do more dmg ppl will just use them to kill themselves more. All they have to do is remove the omen bonus to para spells so you cannot para for 20 seconds. But no, theyd rather the game be ruined. Is anyone really surprised at anything other than Link talking and making suggestions like he has any credability here? Really..
Has anyone else noticed the hate and hostility in this post? He got, what the **** pooned just before he posted it.... From what I can tell there are many Biased remarks. Here's one:

SL base is easier to defend because it simply isnt. I havent seen you guys gather your balls and make an intelligent push 1 TIME since ive been back on this shard. NOT ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.
Shadow Lord's base is certainly easier to defend. You have more choke points there then a blond, at a hot dog eating contest. With half your guild being mage and necro templates. I'd say you have pretty.. damn... good odds. The reason we haven't pushed your base yet, is because we've had the sigil's silly. Now that we don't our guild leader and a few others have left. So now it's all about numbers. We'll steal them till the day this game ends, from whoever is our enemy. Oh, by the way, Tink says Hi!

I suggest making actual pvp templates and fighting us. If all 20 of you jack asses had real pvp templates you would be a lot better. But you refuse to think logically. You refuse to man up and take hiding ninja and stealth off your templates. Well thats fine, we'll continue to kick your teeth in, with half of your numbers, with you guys having all the advantages.
So you don't like Archers. Stealthers. Dexers? Holy ****!! The only thing left is Tamers, mages, beggars and prostitutes. Which we have no, to little of. We don't want to play your game. We play whatever the hell we want. Everyones always trying to get up on us for playing what we want. I can play my mage/necro whenever I feel. But does it make me a better man for it? **** no, its just a game.

You don't like us ganking you? Don't come to Brit Base ass hole!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else noticed the hate and hostility in this post? He got, what the **** pooned just before he posted it.... From what I can tell there are many Biased remarks. Here's one:

Shadow Lord's base is certainly easier to defend. You have more choke points there then a blond, at a hot dog eating contest. With half your guild being mage and necro templates. I'd say you have pretty.. damn... good odds. The reason we haven't pushed your base yet, is because we've had the sigil's silly. Now that we don't our guild leader and a few others have left. So now it's all about numbers. We'll steal them till the day this game ends, from whoever is our enemy. Oh, by the way, Tink says Hi!

So you don't like Archers. Stealthers. Dexers? Holy ****!! The only thing left is Tamers, mages, beggars and prostitutes. Which we have no, to little of. We don't want to play your game. We play whatever the hell we want. Everyones always trying to get up on us for playing what we want. I can play my mage/necro whenever I feel. But does it make me a better man for it? **** no, its just a game.

Lol, I got pwned? I died a few times last few days but I really don't remember which time you are talking about me getting pwned. Was it the time you had 2 dismounters 2 tamers, 2 archers and a DP dexer on me while I was on foot? Or was it the time you had 1 dismounter 5 archers and a dp dexer on me while I was on foot?

We held the sigils all day for the last few days after we walked over you guys trying to pull off your morning guard. The only time you guys got the sigs back was when we left the base because we were bored. Silly. You avoid fights unless you have your explosion traps between us and you.

You left out tamers, I dont like tamers either. And when I say archers I mainly mean stealth archers but archers are all way over powered for sure. When I said dexers i think i ment tamers but thats ok... I dislike them all really.

I didn't say you had to do anything. I just suggested something else, seeing that your all terrible at what you use right now. Thats all.

B

Barbosa

Yea I did you need to learn how to read sir...
Don't make me have to put it in underline.

SL base is easier to defend because it simply isnt. I havent seen you guys gather your balls and make an intelligent push 1 TIME since ive been back on this shard. NOT ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.

I suggest making actual pvp templates and fighting us. If all 20 of you jack asses had real pvp templates you would be a lot better. But you refuse to think logically. You refuse to man up and take hiding ninja and stealth off your templates. Well thats fine, we'll continue to kick your teeth in, with half of your numbers, with you guys having all the advantages.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have removed several posts containing personal attacks and accusations of cheating. Refrain from such posts, please.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have removed several posts containing personal attacks and accusations of cheating. Refrain from such posts, please.
Or better yet, said persons please refrain from cheating.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. try to get a potshot in lynk. Yet no one besides "restroom cowboy" and JC the brownnoser as ever made accusations. Pitifull. My duel for suits stands to anyone on these forums BTW

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. try to get a potshot in lynk. Yet no one besides "restroom cowboy" and JC the brownnoser as ever made accusations. Pitifull. My duel for suits stands to anyone on these forums BTW

STFU, I spoke my mind on you being a flamer on a legitament issue.

And Kelmo, glad to see you follow the very rules you enforce. (Perhaps another RoT thread is in order? I mean...10 is not enough no?)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I did you need to learn how to read sir...
Don't make me have to put it in underline.

Okay, your missing what im saying. You said ' So you dont like archers stealthers and dexers.'

Then i said, in response to just that,, you forgot Tamers. Because I dont like tamers either.

B

Barbosa

Not to be ignorant here, but I do see your point now.... 2 gallons of whiskey later lol....

So like it totally, like, didn't have, like, tamers in it, Oh my gosh, like wow dude, can I like, get one now, there, like totally cool and bodashious, cus' they go, like, whoooo, then duuuude, then whoooooaa, then like, duuuuude.

too bad they didnt have big turtles in the game that eat O/J's
lol