• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) If you had to start over....

Dashiel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you had to start over in UO on Catskills and you had one character to make money with, what would you do? A lot has changed over the past few years (new skills, changes in drops, less people to do champs with, etc) and I am trying to determine the best way to get some income rolling in. Is it T-maps, Crafting, soloing spawns, fishing...etc? I have a thief character that I used to play all the time in Fel, but in the past 4 days I've literally run all over Fel and only ever encountered 1 person online (and he was just sitting in his house). My poor thief is going to starve from lack of income if I don't figure out a new profession! Thanks all.

For reference I have the following chars and will rework skills on one to a new template.

Swordsman
Necro/Mage Spawner
Craftsman (smith, tailor, tinker, carpenter)
Thief
Mage/Weaver Spawner
Bush/Ninja/Archer

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well ......*as the words burn my mouth as I say this* (I am a Tamer and RP with a Taming guild ) but I do have a sampire and I can solo Champ spawns ad many things, however I can do roof quite ell with my tamer. When I first returned and was uncertain where I belonged once again in UO and establishing myself I placed a vender house in Zento and ran a crap ton of city trades acquiring many pink scrolls ....I vender searched on atlantic a price guide I made myself and sold Transcendence scrolls (the pink scrolls) I made pretty good money and it doesn't require a lot of skill . I then saved money and started finishing my skills for my sampire and started to work on a suit for her ....Just what I did I am sure others could have other suggestions .......or check out my fishing contest =)