• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you had to lose a skill which would it be?

G

Ok I have tried playing a T hunter without carto skills and I don't like it. I soulstoned off my carto to another character to let him read the maps and me dig them up. It isn't working so good for me. My thoughts are to regain Carto and lose either Med or Focus. I think I can do without one of those I am just not sure which one. I am thinking to lose Med as focus helps stamina. Which would you lose if it were you?

G

ok Duncan.....two comments...one consider dumping every map you have that isn't tattered right now! Throw them all out!
Every single one.
Then put carto on your TH character...and decode every tattered map you own...After this you will need 2 containers...one for tattered ( new) maps
and one for maps you have decoded.

Now you can soulstone carto off....and dig up every map you have decoded. You don't need carto on to dig maps...provided you ( same character....not just same account) decoded them....and they started off as tattered. ( I like to fill a chest with maps I have just decoded...125 maps keep me going)

When you run out of decoded maps....you simply soulstone carto back on....go to the chest(s) of tattered maps and decode all of them...and then stone it back off! This two character thing is silly in my opinion.

Or you can drop med/focus and run with 8-9 MR ...but then you can't use magery as your main attack method. I can do it cause I use a pet to kill the spawn. I only use magery for occasion heal...cures...gating etc.

If you are running med and focus and are a pure mage TH...drop focus...if you are running a med suit you just don't need it ...at all!
Good Luck
TW

G

Sarah uses magery as an attack/defense skill. I will just have to live with soulstoning Carto on and off for her to be most effective.
I originally thought if one of my characters decoded the map they all could read it. Hadn't tried it before so I didn't know that this thinking was flawed.
I made some new containers today for the maps and marked them decoded and new, hopefully that will keep them from getting mixed up.
I hate to get rid of the 40 or so non tattered maps (packrat syndrome). I may keep the low levels ones I can do without Focus and ditch the rest. I have about 90 of the tattered ones. Amazing how fast they pile up.

G

ditch them all or the system won't work...start only with tattered maps...no map is worth saving if it didn't start tattered...trust me on this....you will thank me later.

G

I guess I'll look around for a vendor spot then and see if I can sell them. You are right it is the only way this method makes sense. And it is worth doing right at that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You could always donate them to the library for points....

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes alot of sense actually...because decoded maps really don't sell well for obvious reasons!

But you are making a wise decsion....anyone that ever had problems with this not working right.....tried to save a few decoded maps....and regretted it and had to start all over again!

(Myself included...lol)

TW

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes alot of sense actually...because decoded maps really don't sell well for obvious reasons!

But you are making a wise decsion....anyone that ever had problems with this not working right.....tried to save a few decoded maps....and regretted it and had to start all over again!

(Myself included...lol)

TW

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the last thing I need right now is a problem like this. Maps are too easy to come by lately it seems.
Thanks for the help.

G

pick one character of all your characters...that you want to have donate...points are character specfic...not account specific.

Go speak to the lady standing infront of the Library....she will send you on a quest (Library donations)...it isn't too hard....but there is one spot where you may die if you don't have a decent character or some help!

Once completed that will allow that character to donatevarious different items (including maps) to various different NPCs in the Library.

Sorry I can remember the ladies name...but she is always infront of the Library...she does a few quests so make sure you get the right one.
It is something to do with getting wax for a special seal...if memory serves me!
You have to kill a few spotted scorpions in Ilshner.

Good Luck
TW

G

I was afraid it would be that one. LOL Haven't been to that area of Ilse before. This ought to be fun. I have seen the lady you are talking about in Brit. I will go find her today and see how I do.

G

I will be home and on Fri sat sun friend. As you remember I too play on Catskills...and I can give you a hand with this quest, if you don't have it done!

G

I read up on the quest on UOStuff so I will give it a shot and see how I do. Thanks I may ask for your help before I am done with it.

G

I didn't do so well this morning. I found Petrus and managed to kill a few of the scorpions. I did get one sac but got ganged up on by the efreets. I ran to the small camp there only to be greeted by a paragon wraith. I died on the spot with my pet going down with me. I'll give it another try later now that I am this far. Those rotting corpses are nasty buggers.

G

I will be back noonish est.....send my a Q...number in profile....with two of us it will be easy.

G

Actually I went and got you the sacs...they have a timer so if I can find you in an hr we are set

G

OoooPs sorry I wasn't around after I made my attempt this morning. I feel bad that you went to all that trouble and I wasn't here. I still don't use icq yet PM's are the best way to reach me I check them frequesntly.