• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If UO runs at 100% CPU for you, this may help

S

Sarphus

semi-recently UO started running really badly for me. client.exe would take up 100% cpu and my cpu fan would go absolutely bonkers.

I ran a hardware diagnostic on my computer and found that the video card fan had burned out. Turns out my vid card fan was dead, which caused my GPU to overheat, so my CPU got stuck with too much work to do (my best deduction).

I replaced the vid card fan and UO is running like it used to.

I hope this helps someone else out.

K

Kurgan

At least that was the only thing to go out.
I have seen many mlb's, mem, and hdd's die this way.
Due to no air cooling things down.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually I know exactly what your talking about cause my old video card fan is right now dying.... it groans.... sounding just terrible...... and it makes me VERY slow in game... infact I have constant freeze ups... talked to my computer geek.. and he thinks he can get me a new fan for it.