• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] If Throwing skill isnt fixed in the next publish I'll be MIGHTY dissapointed.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the major issues that throwing skill has now it shoulda been fixed weeks ago. If its not fixed in the next publish...someone is not doing their job. *taps foot inpatiently*

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey take it easy. Maybe Archery is meant to be the only ultra super powerful everyone-and their grandma-can-play ranged weapon skill.

Throwing isnt archery. sigh... dont use throwing, its so bad that you can make up all the excuses like its graphical glitch and whatever all day... but it doesnt change the fact that its ultra ****ed up compared to our little super ultra maybe-overly powerful archery skill.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I've said in other posts.. it seems to only be a complimentary skill to swords for gargoyles only :/. And the only thing worth using anyways would be the cyclone's special moves. It'd be idiotic to rely on throwing alone with the current weaponry to kill someone... even if it worked exactly like archery. Why do you think they made it benefit from swords in the first place?...

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I've said in other posts.. it seems to only be a complimentary skill to swords for gargoyles only :/. And the only thing worth using anyways would be the cyclone's special moves. It'd be idiotic to rely on throwing alone with the current weaponry to kill someone... even if it worked exactly like archery. Why do you think they made it benefit from swords in the first place?...
But you keep missing the point.
120 Archery alone (any range 0 to 10) is basically 120 Throwing + 120 Sword + 150str + 150dex + ALWAYS STANDING ON SWEET SPOT.

2nd, there's a TECHNICAL LIMITATION on throwing swing speed... are you going to argue that 182 stam + 60ssi + dagger swinging at 1.75s per swing is "working as intended?" Btw boomerang is as fast as a dagger according to its base speed. So why am I throwing something that should be as fast as 1.25s/swing .5s SLOWER and everyone else? Even you couldnt be that blind. If this is working as intended then throwing weapons should have their weapon speed tagged as (2s/3s/4s + .5s weapon return) where the .5 weapon return time is impossible to be lowered.

3rd, throwing is the only weapon skill in the entire UO that glitch out. Your instant swing only comes after you purposely invoked the graphical glitch and STAND STILL wait for the weapon return delay to clear up THEN you get to hit something... And you really dont see this broken?

Lastly, you are willing to comply with a obviously broken skill doesnt mean it's working FINE. Look at how many tests are done, how many people have pointed out the countless problems about throwing.

So if archery was as broken as throwing all I have to say is "It's fine because I play one" and archers used to their super power will NOT say anything? I really do not think so.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt mean the special moves on throwing weapons or the fact it may only work complementary to sword(suck as that may)

But I was pointing out the fact that its simply broken: see WarUltima's posts.

Thx.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do know that it's broken.. that's obvious. I'm just bringing to light that even if it does work like everything else that it's still going to be useless with just 120 throwing because of the limited weapon selection. That in turn is why it should be used with swords or w/e skill you choose. Seems like they were trying to be a little to fancy with working the two skills together and then went overboard with the str/dex range HCI negation BS. You can guarantee it'll be fixed. It just won't be as hunky dory as you think when it is. People with complain about the cyclone dismount next I can guarantee you that.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close Quarters Combat: A player’s dexterity and throwing skill equal to Grandmaster or higher can compensate for the hit chance penalty. Close quarters combat with a throwing weapon will no longer require you to have the swordsmanship skill to negate hit chance penalty.
How much dexterity required? Grandmaster dexterity or what?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested throwing on TC and its still as broken as its always been. Guess I'll try it again in pub 67:)

S

Stupid Miner

With all the major issues that throwing skill has now it shoulda been fixed weeks ago. If its not fixed in the next publish...someone is not doing their job. *taps foot inpatiently*
Don't worry, it wont (wasn't).
Nor will be for the next patch.
Or probably the one after that.
Or after that.
Or after that.
... possibly it'll be rumored about after that.
But the fix will come in about 20 or so publishes.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how he's setting himself up for failure.... Be prepared to get "Mighty Disappointed"