• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IF Power scrolls

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Were shard bound how much PVP would happen on Origin and other under populated Shards??

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were shard bound how much PVP would happen on Origin and other under populated Shards??
As another poster said, it would be what currently happens with the masteries. They would still farm the quiet shards, and simply transfer in character as needed to eat the scrolls. All this would do is add yet another unfair benefit to people who have shard shields.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As another poster said, it would be what currently happens with the masteries. They would still farm the quiet shards, and simply transfer in character as needed to eat the scrolls. All this would do is add yet another unfair benefit to people who have shard shields.
i really dont think anyone would do that to farm the scrolls themselves. might someone transfer to buy one, yes, but to spawn bosses in hopes you get the 1 you want just wouldnt be worth it. The only mastery i bought myself offshard was taming III, and i would never actually do the spawn in hopes of getting it.

Youd most likely see less scroll farmers, but more home-shard players at spawns. How much more PVP would this create? probably not much more than there is now. Maybe here and there if a home shard pvper checked the spawns. It might actually be less pvp, i dont know if the spy-cammers would see it worth the time to log in if the scrolls were shard bound.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big draw for farming scrolls off atl is it is for the most part low to no risk and easy gold in the bank when transferred to ATL. Very few if any are farming scrolls for themselves. With the shard hoppers/farmers not able to move them to atl the farming dead shards would lose a lot of its appeal. The customer would then have to xfr to said shard and either buy a token or have a shield for the right shard spend 24 hours there and hop back with a shield token or a store token. Just can't see it being appealing to the scroll farmers or the scroll buyers. Would also pretty much remove the RMTs from the scroll game as they rely heavily on transferring.

The locals would most likely start spawning more and increase the amount of PvP on some shards. Other shards it would most likely just be empty spawns 24/7. PvP on ATL and a couple of other better populated shard would most likely increase with more competition for the spawns and the goldies from controlling the spawns and scrolls.

Overall making scrolls shard bound would be good for the game overall and bad for those farming dead shards and making a killing xfring the scrolls. As far as Origin there are one hell of a lot of scrolls farmed on Origin. Its pretty obvious very few of them stay on Origin.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The big draw for farming scrolls off atl is it is for the most part low to no risk and easy gold in the bank when transferred to ATL. Very few if any are farming scrolls for themselves. With the shard hoppers/farmers not able to move them to atl the farming dead shards would lose a lot of its appeal. The customer would then have to xfr to said shard and either buy a token or have a shield for the right shard spend 24 hours there and hop back with a shield token or a store token. Just can't see it being appealing to the scroll farmers or the scroll buyers. Would also pretty much remove the RMTs from the scroll game as they rely heavily on transferring.

The locals would most likely start spawning more and increase the amount of PvP on some shards. Other shards it would most likely just be empty spawns 24/7. PvP on ATL and a couple of other better populated shard would most likely increase with more competition for the spawns and the goldies from controlling the spawns and scrolls.

Overall making scrolls shard bound would be good for the game overall and bad for those farming dead shards and making a killing xfring the scrolls. As far as Origin there are one hell of a lot of scrolls farmed on Origin. Its pretty obvious very few of them stay on Origin.
Yes we get a lot of scroll farmers on Origin yet there is not one for sale through the vendor search. ....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A friend did that with a taming master, transfer in the char to eat it. If I cannot find the primers I need on Balhae I may just do that myself when my account hits the require time to get the transfer shields.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
They would use a shield to transfer the toon and pets to Atlantic and eat scrolls there.
Atlantic scrolls are insanely priced since the pet revamp. I can get them much cheaper on Legends by asking around if people know ya. Legends prices have gone up but nothing like Atlantic.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic scrolls are insanely priced since the pet revamp. I can get them much cheaper on Legends by asking around if people know ya. Legends prices have gone up but nothing like Atlantic.
LOL Legends is a funny shard like that, I needed to get 110 med off a stone the other day and asked in GC if anyone had one for sale. Someone says I will check and comes back with "Yep I have a 115 if that will work" so I ask how much and its free and have to pretty much force a 120 Spirit Speak on him in the trade lol. I usually try to trade some Val hammers or Barbed kits when someone with a hole in her pack helps me out with scrolls since I tend to accumulate those.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
LOL Legends is a funny shard like that, I needed to get 110 med off a stone the other day and asked in GC if anyone had one for sale. Someone says I will check and comes back with "Yep I have a 115 if that will work" so I ask how much and its free and have to pretty much force a 120 Spirit Speak on him in the trade lol. I usually try to trade some Val hammers or Barbed kits when someone with a hole in her pack helps me out with scrolls since I tend to accumulate those.
There's several people on Legends I have to choke to take my money ;)

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you need scrolls, ask in chat. On my shard I am more than happy to sell to locals and transplants.

When I came back(11-19-2017) I put a 120 tactics on my vendor on Napa for 30m and it sat there for three weeks before it sold. You can also ask around on ATL when people are transferring to the shard you need the scrolls and and offer to buy it after xfer