• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

if only i could!!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi friends (i realise how many i have now)
im off and i really wanted to make an inspirational post but i cant.
some of my rl heroes are martin luther king and nelson mandella, two great orators. i have been again overwhelmed by the kindness of uo people and im sure i wont find that in any other online community.
ea have branded me a cheat and sullied my reputation. i have always said that people should be honest players and i created all my chars naturally with no scripting etc. i shall never forget my first gm all those years ago. was anatomy. uo is in my heart, or at least the view i held for years of uo is there.
the current day uo bears little resemblance to that. its a world of cheats and frauds and ea are a firm that dont want any justice.
friends, please do not post on here how you liked me, trust me i know :)
if you wish to badger jeremy by e-mail then thats fine to me i would do if roles were reversed.
my thanks..... jeez where to start?
ok lets start currently.....
big thanks to Xavier and WoY, you were always supportive and never doubted me.
to scarlet, you were never my apprentice but u worked hard and got the rewards. luv ya
to people i met only recently THP thanks and i wont forget the stew! (means something to he and me)
Wenchkin, we never met in game i dont think but your views always seemed to reflect mine.
nicholas, my uo guy, first player i found to outgun sommahyeh! we had great fun.
Trevelyan and ros. these two go together, ros is a lovely human being and its reflected in the purple one. luv u guys and lemme know when the meet is when B arrives.
when i was very very ill you supported me and made me cry with your friendship.
when i became disabled i contacted jeremy and explained that disabled people had some trouble with stuff but got no reply (shock not)
to all others, i have tried to be nice to all (and im sure sometimes failed). believe me when i say, my heart is true as is my conscience clear.
fight on against cheats please and may uo prosper and get soem love from ea.
friends
apart from the auction deals thats it for me. all the weeks of running naked from the minoc mines to the smithy are over for me.
my first balron has long gone. my first peerless long gone. but for you they are still there so go slay
for flame and mord, to follow u against invasions was an honour
to anyone ive missed im sorry as i will miss u all the more
long live uo (or at least the community)
I will miss u
xx
jo, oh btw my rl name is jo not lucy
xxxxx
*weeps*

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno what to say...just one thing.. shame on ea!

Well I got a second thing to say too ;)
It was really great to meet you Lucy, and hunt with you and Nich. Those were the best hunts -Hunts with party members who could be completly trusted (not a common thing nowadays)
I will imagine them till the day I close my accs.

Esme

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take care I hope this best with the next game you play. I've been playing from the start almost and at one point we had three generation of family members playing this game. Must have been like 12 to 14 people many with multiple accounts, I am the last standing, most are playing WOW since it started and have tried to convince me to jump ship. Things like this have made me rethink things about UO, I would hate to have the same thing happen to me. I use to have 5 accounts cut it back to 3 a couple years ago and now will cut it back to two. Safe travels where ever you may go!
Rip. :hug:

Z

Zofinur

Sorry for short answer. I am tired and need to go to bed.

STOP! Dont just leave!

Finally EA did change their answers. Looks like somebody did read my question now.
Keep on doing the same: ASK for reasons.
Everybody is innocent until proven!

N

Nyte Doombringer

Lucy I didt really know you other then through scarlet. I am sure I will get to know you now in lotro though. You will have alot of fun there.
See you soon.
Nyte

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still can't believe you were one of the folks banned Lucy :(

Someone bolt the door before she gets out!

On the flip side, at least now you know who your friends are with crap like this. I think EA have made a horrible mistake banning you, and I hope you at least get a proper response from them as to what items you got banned for.

If there's anything I can do, you know my offer still stands :)

Take care Lucy.

Wenchy

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Horrible misstake indeed! Its so sad im speechless.
Pack for returning instead of give away your stuff. Things might improve here one day and maybe you dont find another game thats in your taste..
One can always hope..

You belong here among your friends!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:(

Sorry this happened to you and others...

I didn´t know any of the banned posters personally but the more I read about it the more I´m confident that this whole banning operation was executed in a bad way...

Anyway, have fun with whatever you will do next. :hug: (That´s right, I´m not afraid to hug strangers :))

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also don't know you personally, but you are a real Europa boardie! Will you visit here every now and then or is that too annoying or painful for you?

Wanted to say a Swedish friend was VERY positive abt LOTRO, but he had just started so it is always easy to be excited abt a game then... But he asked us to try it a few times, haven't been in touch with him in a long while though! (Even our icq-correspondence is flat on the backside. :( :( Always too lil time!)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't think we ever met and you are just one of the names one becomes familiar with thru the forums. We have a mutual acquantance tho (Scarlet) and she has often sung your praises at various times. Certainly she has made her high opinion of you clear and the claim that you are a duper seems to contradict all I have heard making it difficult for me to believe the claim and far more inclined to believe your version.

I am sad to see another long time player leave in this manner, I think the whole thing has been badly mishandled and have this morning posted in UO Hall saying so.

What else is there to say? it seems we are all at risk when there is no adequate reason given for the bans. It seems everone who was banned received the same stock letter quoting this 'multitude of items' the identity of which we are all left to ponder. Bit like calling a GM really, stock letter, stock answer, no wiser.

All there is left to say is I wish you well wherever your path leads.

L

Lilitu

Why leave? No one (that matters) actually believes you are a cheat.
*sigh* Safe travels in Middle Earth. :violin:

S

Soulstomp

bye bye , still see lotsa posts on boards tought you already left to lotr ?

nicholas aint that last man standing ? no wonder , thats a treuly odd mix of goodbyes

just be happy they only banned 1 acount so you can sell the rest

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No NO nO ...NOT THE TIME TO LEAVE

Fight this like Zofinur is to the end!!!...Hey im kinda thinking runic hammers is the key here..

I just hope the devs didnt scan purely for runic hammers as lots of peeps will have had boxes full of low end runic hammers as they are easy to aquire...

Jeepers we all konw that anyone would be lucky to actually make 1 or 2 valorite hammers in 7-8 years play !!! so the peeps with 30 plus val hammers then ''yah'' they duped em for sure....and plz dont say well they could have bought em??? why would anyone buy 30+ val hammers at proper market value???..i just kinda hope the devs did look for ''val hammers'' and not just ''any runic hammer''......justa thought.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope not runics for me i had not one on that acct. i reckon its checks, but how do u tell the difference between a duped check and a real one?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucy we are so sorry to hear of your unjust treatment, like so many others here we belived you innocent. It is such a pain that every where you go there are cheaters, and it was good to hear the the devs were doing something about some of those that are incaplable of playing fair with in UO. However I find it amazing that the devs felt so confident that all there net selected would be guilty as charged, and executed sentencing with immediate effect. Like others have said, time can sometimes heal so dont just give away everything and close the door for good. We wish you well in whatever you decide to do.

Flame and Mord

Z

Zofinur

I find it amazing that the devs felt so confident that all there net selected would be guilty as charged, and executed sentencing with immediate effect.
I am quite sure this is the main reason why they hide behind their privacy policy now.
There is technically no way for them to revert this, and so they just say they cant´t give any details.
This has been different in the past.
I remember Wilki doing this
  1. naming ppl
  2. giving details (in general and and specific to ppl)
  3. unbanning ppl

It´s all just excuses now!

L

Lilitu

The privacy policy excuse of EA for not discussing details on the forum may be right, but it doesn't prevent them from discussing details with the account holder him/her self. (After which the account holder could of course disclose this on the public forums, this being their own choice about sharing their private information.) Indeed, it seems to me EA is obliged to discuss this with their paying clients/customers.

M

Mord Mhor

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I dispair at EA's inability to implement anything thoroughly.

I have been playing UO since 2000 along with four other family members. I have become more and more dissallusioned as time has gone by. I just hope EA pulls it socks up as I'm in the market for something to replace UO.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this is literally the first I've heard of any of this.

I don't know of anything Lucy has done that I haven't and I know damn well I'm clean.

Let's face it, if EA can ban Lucy, I'm actually worried about trying to log into my own accounts. I haven't yet, but you may be certain I'll be doing that today.

Lucy, Jo, poppet, I can only echo others' sentiments, hang in there. This may or may not be a test and this may or may not be over yet. Precedent for ban reversal was set with Wilki so it's not like any fresh ground needs to be tilled.

~Vix~

Z

Zofinur

Precedent for ban reversal was set with Wilki so it's not like any fresh ground needs to be tilled.
Sorry to interrupt Lucy´s thread and maybe to sound pessimistic, but the unban of TIA wen totally different in the past.

• EA / Wilki did communicate with the players
  • EA didnt delete the houses right away
  • Didnt take a week last time (might be wrong here)

I for now im quite sure we will neither get any response from EA on this at any time; may it be in private to the banned ppl nor in public to get some explanations.
And additionally i guess there will be no unbanning this time.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zofinur, I don't know you well, but if your & Lucy's only notable "crimes" are having unknowingly received a number of unclean cheques, I think EA have copious amounts of *public* butt-kissing ahead of them.

I understand Lucy's request not to turn this into a circus or a drama-fest. I respect Lucy as a player/guildmate/online friend. I also agree with her suggestion that folks should not quit over her account being lost.

And yet...IF it is possible to perma-ban an account on the basis of storage of cheques (which remain impossible to differentiate between legitimate & duped ones), well, I don't really know that I'm very interested in paying for multiple accounts since by simply accepting a cheque from someone in game effectively buys me a ticket in the weekly BanZor Lottery.

Frankly, that is just not that attractive an option.

EA need to eradicate the players creating & distributing the duped cheques, and NOT the victims receiving them in honest trade.

Z

Zofinur

Zofinur, I don't know you well, but if your & Lucy's only notable "crimes" are having unknowingly received a number of unclean cheques, I think EA have copious amounts of *public* butt-kissing ahead of them.
It´s sad but (most likely) true, that we will never now.
EA refuses to discuss this.

When i ask them what is meant by "multitudes of highly illegal items" which they did find on my account, it ends in this statement:

Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.

I understand they might be bound by a privacy-policy to discuss this in the public, but i have no understanding at all, that they refuse to give me details on my ban in private.
Actually i would love to see a way to get permission to EA to ignore this privacy-policy in my special case!

This fact (Ostard-technick called by Bobar in UHall) hurts me even more than the actual ban.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zof, it takes time and it takes staff to sit and work their way through ancient, buggy, spaghetti-like coding.

Responding to multiple emails asking after progress, actually impedes that progress.

You are on record as denying any wrongdoing, EA have officially acknowledged your query.

As much as it stinks (and it does), really, all you can do now is wait. Well, wait, and (as hard as it may be), try to have some small faith that the innocent will be exonerated - even if it isn't as swiftly as we might hope.

*crosses fingers and waits with Zof & Lucy*

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey i want u both to stay too....:hug::hug:

I hate old players leaving our game...:hug::hug:

If u both hang around and if i get lucky placing another keep soon..i will ask either of u two first if u want it ...coming back pressie...maybe its in felluca but hey i will try help either of you to stay and fight this to the end!!!

Z

Zofinur

i will ask either of u two first if u want it
Offer is much appreciated!
But as long as EA declines to give me reasons and/or unban me i wont stay.

Already declined an offer of 100M credit! (And yes that´s more than i owned.)

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dearest Lucy,

To say i`m shocked to hear of your banning is a understatement.Indeed another wrongful banning

I know how it feels to be wrongly banned, when i was banned i was shocked and disgusted that they banned me among such scum ppl who were banned at same time.
But EA do some times get things wrong, like with me, they realized they had made a mistake after investigating my account, and unbanned me with a public apology and 3 month game time,it do take some time though for them to investigate so please hang in there.. although i got my account back , unfortunately even EA`s public apology never gave me my good reputation back that was tarnished for good, so please dont give up, ask them to investigate your account and for what the exact reason you were banned for.

I pray babes that they will see your a good girl too, and hopefully we`ll see you in the game again soon

With love and regards my sexy bridesmaid... Tia *Kiss*