• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If I Resub now, I get the Expansion for free?

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to be sure I heard it correctly. I might re-sub in mid September.

Thanks!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The post says that any account that was active during "August September and October" will get it free. the "and" makes it seem like they meant the account has to have been active the entire 3 months. So If you activated your account in September you would already have missed August, which means the expansion would probably not be free. That's how it sounds to me at least.

The announcement post:

"This feature requires the Time of Legends expansion entitlement. This entitlement will be applied for free to all accounts active during August, September, and October 2015."

Dinurth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The post says that any account that was active during "August September and October" will get it free. the "and" makes it seem like they meant the account has to have been active the entire 3 months. So If you activated your account in September you would already have missed August, which means the expansion would probably not be free. That's how it sounds to me at least.

The announcement post:

"This feature requires the Time of Legends expansion entitlement. This entitlement will be applied for free to all accounts active during August, September, and October 2015."
I agree the wording is weird, but clearly it's any active account during any of those months.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

The announcement post:

I didn't read it that way. I got the idea if you showed up during that window you got it. Not saying your wrong. Now I wonder if I'll get it for free cause EA kicked back my credit card for no reason and I had 2 accounts lapse for a few days. Hmmmm Thanks for getting me paranoid! :p

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YES you get it for free if you resub/open an account in August, September OR October.

From another thread, Tina Smalls question and Kyronix (dev's) Answer:

Under Masteries, Housing Craftables, and Customizable Housing Tiles there is a sentence that says, "This feature requires the Time of Legends expansion entitlement. This entitlement will be applied for free to all accounts active during August, September, and October 2015.

Has there been a change regarding which accounts will be updated with the Time of Legends expansion entitlement, i.e., your account must be active in all three of these months? On August 3, 2015, Mesanna posted on uo.com, "If you have a current subscription, reactivate your account, or start a new account in August, September, or October, your account will have the Time of Legends expansion applied automatically. " There's a big difference between saying you need to have your account active in August, September AND October vs. saying you have to have a current subscription or reactivate or start a new account in August, September, OR October.

Thanks.

Tina Small, Yesterday at 10:38 AM
Answer

There has been no change. It's still August, September, or October. Mistype on the part of the notes. Apologies for the confusion.

Kyronix, Yesterday at 1:04 PM

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
TYVM! BAD Norrington! lol
Lol my bad, my post originally said I thought it was the account can be active anytime during the three months but then I re-read the announcement and saw that "and" then edited the post to say what it does now. Should have just gone with my gut.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I don't blame anyone for asking. The interpretation of the statement could play a large roll in how many people actually resub.

But yes, as long as you activate within this 3 month window, you're good.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Directly from the news letter
18th Anniversary Limited Time Offer
To help us celebrate our 18th Anniversary we would like to announce that if you have a current subscription, reactivate your account, or start a new account in August, September, or October, your account will have the Time of Legends expansion applied automatically. A gift from us to you!

Happy Birthday UO!

The news letter has always said OR

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When will we get flagged on the account page? Are any of you flagged yet?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Expansion hasn't been released yet, so I doubt anyone has been flagged.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I don't blame anyone for asking. The interpretation of the statement could play a large roll in how many people actually resub.

But yes, as long as you activate within this 3 month window, you're good.
I just dont understand how something significant like this can get repeatedly screwed up.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The thing with me is this is very cool to be handing out for free. That is *not* the EA way lol. This has the potential to bring some real numbers back to the game. But will they time this with a Steam push? Will it be seriously advertised and promoted? We can only hope.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One would think if anyone should be really aware of the difference between "and" and "or" it would be programmers...
But UO works in the NAND and NOR world, you know just the opposite of logical thinking. JK

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do we know if it will bring an account fully updated? Meaning, if we passed on one, lets say Stygian, would we still have to buy Stygian? I have an account I never upgraded with SA.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do we know if it will bring an account fully updated? Meaning, if we passed on one, lets say Stygian, would we still have to buy Stygian? I have an account I never upgraded with SA.
no clue