• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If I die, will my bonded pet go wild?

S

Solus

Not as simple a question as it sounds. If I decide to use jewelry to get my taming to about 116 or so, tame a greater dragon, bond with it, then die.... will he go wild when I'm a ghost as my jewelry isn't on, or maybe when I res and rush to put it back on?

Yes, I know this is avoidable with 120 AT and 120 Lore (I have 120 lore), but I frankly don't think the time spent leveling AT is worth it if I can bond a greater dragon with Jewels.. that is, unless I risk losing him everytime I die.:loser:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not as simple a question as it sounds. If I decide to use jewelry to get my taming to about 116 or so, tame a greater dragon, bond with it, then die.... will he go wild when I'm a ghost as my jewelry isn't on, or maybe when I res and rush to put it back on?

Yes, I know this is avoidable with 120 AT and 120 Lore (I have 120 lore), but I frankly don't think the time spent leveling AT is worth it if I can bond a greater dragon with Jewels.. that is, unless I risk losing him everytime I die.:loser:
First and foremost NO it wont (assuming it was NOT about to go wild when you died).

Dieing, Jewelry and Pet Loyalty have NO direct connection.

Pet Loyalty is NOT affected by death.

The most probable problem with having Jewelry, death and the Pet is you trying to give the pet Commands without the Jewelry on. Even if you do this, it is going to go through .... some number of iterations before the Pet gives up on you. Even if it does, it is an Automatic Retame for you with a 100% success.

If you die, just get your stuff back on then collect your pet.

S

Solus

Thank you a ton bud. I can rest now knowing that my bonded greater dragon isn't at risk of going wild as long as I keep him fed and don't be a dumba$* and give him commands while I'm naked, thus losing loyalty.

G

Green Meanie

as was stated youll be fine as long as you keep ur jewlwery on your pet only loses loyalty in 3 ways.
1 when it disobeys a command
2 extended period without a command
3 extended period without owner on screen

Feeding always resets loyalty to max. loyalty also increases eveyrtime your pet obeys a command