• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If EA want to sell simoleans...

I

Inge Jones

...it would be a good idea not to force players to hunt for them and just hope there is a lot open with one available. Shouldn't there be an EA-sponsored Welcome lot that is open all the time and easy to find, with an ATM on it? Specially as lot owners are not actually being rewarded for having them, and they are expemsive to buy. I mean, *if* EA actually want to encourage rather than discourage simolean buying.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a lot of ATM's around EA Land. But yea I guess if someone was playing when no one else was on it would be hard to find one.

I

Inge Jones

I think they should choose a team of people who will volunteer to keep an official EA Welcome lot open round the clock and give them free (full-featured) accounts for doing so.

D

DGLita

I have an ATM at my store, and its generally open AFK, which seems to attract a lot of critisism.

So i guess the moral of that story is, AFK stores are 'a bad idea' until you actually need one of course.

edit - not getting at the poster in any way, just a general observation

I

Inge Jones

I don't have any problem about AFK stores! Most RL stores are pretty much AFK anyway these days

L

Lucky Lisa

So i guess the moral of that story is, AFK stores are 'a bad idea' until you actually need one of course.

edit - not getting at the poster in any way, just a general observation

nickle and a quarter isn't it ..

it's not a moral, it' against terms of service

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Most RL stores are pretty much AFK anyway these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my local Wal-Mart, Grocery stores, Clothing shops, Hardware stores, Dollar stores, Fast food joints, Hobby shops, 7-Eleven, Blockbuster, Starbucks, and Tim Hortons just to name a few are always away when I go into their places of business because I mean why the heck do staff need to be there if customers are going to spend money on them anyway?...god forbid they have to act like employers and employees in their business and answer questions, reply to comments, and maintain a healty social environment for customer satisfaction.

I

imported_SimTripps

So true Calvin lol... I guess what she meant was that more r.l. stores nowadays aren't doing the passive-aggressive 'power selling' tactic. Instead they'll tend to leave customers alone to browse, without being in their face pushing a sale on them from the moment they walk in. As a customer I can't stand that - I'd rather be left alone, but hope a salesperson would be available if I have questions... I don't mind afk stores - I'll just IM the owner/roomie if I have a question - but it's the afk stores with 10 people hiding that I can't stand lol...

F

frogger2

wasnt thier talk about EALAND haveing NPC/non playable charactors run stores? and other homes as well? a place that free account users and anyone else can play in? if thats still in the works maybe those npc run homes will always be open and hopefully have ATM machines on the lots heres hopeing lol.