• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOCS

• Thread starter mASTER bLASTER
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
M

mASTER bLASTER

So there are currently no houses falling due to the migration screw up. Are us IDOCERS going to have to wait 3 months before they start falling again? Anyone have a clue?

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The unofficial word is 2 months is what I'm being told or however long it takes them to make sure all account mitigation problems are corrected however people are still getting errors with accounts not being recognized or being able to be renewed so my guess right now is we will get clean up britannia on monday first and IDOC reactivation is unknown unless they surprise us and reactivate it with clean up.

It will be interesting to see if and when it is turned back on if even the old bugged houses that never decayed will decay now as on Lake Austin there are homes that have been in the same spot as long as I have been on the shard since Jan 1, 2004 with the same owner name and signs and items packed up.

So there are currently no houses falling due to the migration screw up. Are us IDOCERS going to have to wait 3 months before they start falling again? Anyone have a clue?

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some say that it is possible that some of these homes are EM/GM owned. No real way too tell if its true or not, other than too ask. It would be interesting too find out an official word on this matter. I really hate the lack of communication on Devs part.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a house on one of my cancelled accounts that I watch nearly daily. Its been dormant for months now. As soon as that bugger starts to decay I'll be alot happier and reactivate several of my other accounts for house holding (I like to have houses on alot of different shards)

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any word on this subject? I've been checking but I dont see any significant change. As a matter of fact I haven't see any....
From the post its been 2 months no?

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any word on this subject? I've been checking but I dont see any significant change. As a matter of fact I haven't see any....
From the post its been 2 months no?
I agree. I'm a pretty patient guy when it comes to this game but this is getting annoying. Just SOME kind of update would be appreciated.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still no update, last I heard there are still account problems and that is why they have shut them off. so if your paying to keep open an account for storage shut it down until they turn it back on and save yourself some money :+)

atlanticScorpion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. I have about 20 houses on atlantic that I am not paying for now, and I am not going to turn them on just to sell em. They will fall if and when they get the decay turned back on.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what I've done also. 4 accounts are going inactive with housing on. No point paying for the account when the houses are not decaying!

D

Deisree888

Thats what I've done also. 4 accounts are going inactive with housing on. No point paying for the account when the houses are not decaying!
I would say if you can't get your account going by now, you never will. With that said turn on the idocs cause EA is losing alot more money from people turning off their house holding accounts. And with no housing market no one will keep that extra account open to place one if a good size one falls. DO the MATH.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*DECAY UPDATE FROM ORIGIN - DEC 6*

Housing Decay Reactivated in 2012
Kai Schober6 Dec 2011 13:06:55 EST
We expect to have housing decay turned on by the beginning of next year. We are going to start giving everyone a warning, this being the first of several you will see. Please take the necessary steps to secure your house before its turned back on.

Happy Holidays!

UO Team

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now the million dollar question is do the inactive accts go straight into the 7 day decay timmer once its turned back on or is it the 90 day (then decay)

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: *DECAY UPDATE FROM ORIGIN - DEC 6*

We expect to have housing decay turned on by the beginning of next year. We are going to start giving everyone a warning, this being the first of several you will see. Please take the necessary steps to secure your house before its turned back on.

Happy Holidays!

UO Team
So there are two days left before the housing decay reactivation deadline is missed? Or did I miss an update?

L

Lightningstrike

So will all of these houses fall all at the same time?

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So there are two days left before the housing decay reactivation deadline is missed? Or did I miss an update?
I dont think "The beginning of next year" should be literally taken at 1st January. They most likely mean some time in January.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Craftsman, I was just wondering how they are going to go about this once it is turned back on, because when it is turned back on does it mean it gos into stages right then or does the whole 90 day thing come into play. Im guessing when its turned back on the 90 day timer will take affect so you are more than likely correct when you said dont take it literally, im thinking after 90 days after they turn it back on which would be more like March into April.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I dont think "The beginning of next year" should be literally taken at 1st January. They most likely mean some time in January.
yeah I wasnt taking it as meaning january 1st. If you read the initial post on this, and my quote where I underlined the part that I was asking about, it says BY 2012. Which doesnt mean a certain day but it does mean before 2012.

Here it is again:

Happy Holidays!

UO Team

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yeah I wasnt taking it as meaning january 1st. If you read the initial post on this, and my quote where I underlined the part that I was asking about, it says BY 2012. Which doesnt mean a certain day but it does mean before 2012.

Here it is again:
EXACTLY... Assuming that the dev knows proper usage of the English language, IDOCs will begin at server up tomorrow.

atlanticScorpion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminder: Housing Decay Reactivated in 2012Kai Schober19 Dec 2011 21:23:02 ESTWe expect to have housing decay turned on by the beginning of next year. We are going to start giving everyone a warning, this being the second of several you will see. Please take the necessary steps to secure your house before its turned back on.

Happy Holidays!

UO Team
Seems they still want to give us a few more warnings first and they are on vacation till the 3rd. So I would say we should get another reminder/warning soon after the 3rd. Last year spring cleaning started in the fall so we could be the same type of time frame. Anyways HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So will all of these houses fall all at the same time?
Yes. When decay is turned back on they will begin decaying at server up at the same time so in the first week there will be massive IDOCs on the biggest populated shards just like the old house fall night back on Jan 1, 2004 of ownerless homes (wish they would make that an annual event).

The interesting thing will be to see if the account mitigation fixes all those ownerless homes now and actually makes them decay.

And yes decay will be 7 days for the ones that should have gone since August and the rest will be on the 90 day schedule.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here it is again:
EXACTLY... Assuming that the dev knows proper usage of the English language, IDOCs will begin at server up tomorrow.
And did it?

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent gotten an email or any notification of any kind about this. I'm sure it will be all ove the boards once they turn it back on though.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent gotten an email or any notification of any kind about this. I'm sure it will be all ove the boards once they turn it back on though.
Undoubtedly. It was always a bit naive though to assume that "by 2012" meant by the start. It could just as easily mean by the end. Its a vague way of putting things. They aren't exactly well known for doing what they say they will do, never mind doing it on time.

It'll happen when it happens, most likely sometime in the next few weeks or a month or two. Hopefully!

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was supposed to have been another warning about decay being turned on posted on UO Herald last week but it wasn't so definitely expecting it this week according to Jeff Skalski, Bio Ware Mythic producer.

Undoubtedly. It was always a bit naive though to assume that "by 2012" meant by the start. It could just as easily mean by the end. Its a vague way of putting things. They aren't exactly well known for doing what they say they will do, never mind doing it on time.

It'll happen when it happens, most likely sometime in the next few weeks or a month or two. Hopefully!

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Further IDOC 2012 Update Status

Got a tweet from Jeff Skalski last night saying "1 more remaining piece that is outside of r teams control Im waiting 2 get confirmation on then we'll post an updated warning."

There was supposed to have been another warning about decay being turned on posted on UO Herald last week but it wasn't so definitely expecting it this week according to Jeff Skalski, Bio Ware Mythic producer.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDOCS TURNED ON MONDAY JAN 16th!!

we just sit back with a glass of sake and watch the fireworks!:drool:
Reminder: Housing Decay Reactivated on 01/16
Kai Schober10 Jan 2012 16:19:55 EST
We will turn on housing decay on Monday, January 16. Please take the necessary steps to secure your house before its turned back on.

If want to log in but you haven't had the chance to link your account in the Account Center yet, please check the Account Center Management Page guide and the How to link my Accounts guide. You can always contact '[email protected]' if you encounter a problem.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the feeding frenzy starts Friday 20th I presume?:eyes:
No. The decay cycle takes approximately 7 days from the time it is turned on to fall time so Monday to Tuesday is 1 day, Tue to Wed 2 days, Wed to Thu 3 days, Thu to Fri 4 days, Fri to Sat 5 days, Sat to Sun 6 days, Sun to Monday 7 days so looks like Monday the 23rd or perhaps Sunday the 22nd if it accelerates for some reason.. thats how it used to be anyway.. with all these account changes etc I dont think anyone knows what to expect when it is turned on Monday..

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WED JAN 11 UPDATE - STARTS JAN 17 NOW!

Update 01/11: Housing decay will be back on in SIX DAYS. Since Monday, January 16 is a holiday in the US (Martin Luther King Day) have decided to extend the grace period by another day. Housing decay on will be re-activated on Tuesday, January 17.

Please note that even if your account has been inactive for more than 90 days, you still have 5 days after housing decay is back, before your house is gone.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 100's of IDOC's now on all shards and there are reports that some are in a faster rate of decay than the 5 days grace mentioned in the UO Herald post.

Perhaps ones that were in an advanced state of decay when the cycle was stopped may fall earlier than the weekend. In any case I wouldn't wait til the 5th day to renew.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No abonormal decay noted on Lake Austin but surprisingly many of the ownerless homes ARE NOT decaying here that have been bugged or vacant for years despite the account conversions

There are 100's of IDOC's now on all shards and there are reports that some are in a faster rate of decay than the 5 days grace mentioned in the UO Herald post.

Perhaps ones that were in an advanced state of decay when the cycle was stopped may fall earlier than the weekend. In any case I wouldn't wait til the 5th day to renew.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's everyone's plan?

I'm curious as I've never gone through mass IDOCs like this. What's the strategy? Camp out the promising ones along with everyone else, or seek out the smaller homes in hopes of less competition. I just started my IDOC hunt and have already found a castle and keep going IDOC. I figure those are going to be camped by those looking to place, so might just skip them entirely. Given the potential for a lot of loot, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to reactivate an account just to get some more storage rather than trying to sort the crap from IDOCs as I run around.

I was thinking of going to Felucca but there are so many on Trammel, why bother with the risk of getting PKd?

I am surprised at all the small classic homes that aren't IDOCs. I'm on Catskills which I think is pretty low population and there are tons of spots for larger homes, kind of odd that so many would choose to stay in undecorated little homes.

Oh well, back to the hunt.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive marked them all on my shard, Lake Austin, and have a team of people that do felucca (PVPers) and others that arent felucca friendly.

There won't be much time to do much so careful planning is in order. I've looked at them all and know where new castle spots will place that aren't obvious to others as ive been doing IDOCs and house placing for 10 years now.

Keep in mind loot on ground will decay in 2 hours or so.. 3 hours max regardless of container weight so my suggestion is check out the public ones to see whats in them but it's the private ones that are more intriguing as you don't know until they fall whats in them unless you know someone who is friended or co owned and can access you :)

So have a team ready and prepare.. after this initial fall Monday it will be back to the regular few decays every week which are much more manageable.. at least a lot of new housing space will open up on those big populated shards.. Lake Austin happens to be the least populated and not much old loot here anyway..keep spaces are galore.. castles aren't but at least new spots will open now and I expect the big shards will have their share of castle falls too. good luck!

Btw..the last time something like this happened was Dec 31, 2003 into Jan 1, 2004 aka "House Fall Night" when *ALL* ownerless homes were set to decay so new house space would open up and it was a crazy blur too of placing and looting.. i managed to place 20 homes on 3 shards that night for myself and friends.. i wasn't looting anything just placing while others looted.. house spots were more valuable than the loot buy loot stayed on ground far longer than now too :)

So what's everyone's plan?

I'm curious as I've never gone through mass IDOCs like this. What's the strategy? Camp out the promising ones along with everyone else, or seek out the smaller homes in hopes of less competition. I just started my IDOC hunt and have already found a castle and keep going IDOC. I figure those are going to be camped by those looking to place, so might just skip them entirely. Given the potential for a lot of loot, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to reactivate an account just to get some more storage rather than trying to sort the crap from IDOCs as I run around.

I was thinking of going to Felucca but there are so many on Trammel, why bother with the risk of getting PKd?

I am surprised at all the small classic homes that aren't IDOCs. I'm on Catskills which I think is pretty low population and there are tons of spots for larger homes, kind of odd that so many would choose to stay in undecorated little homes.

Oh well, back to the hunt.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the "IDOC Faq" sticky here, it says:
all of the add-ons in that house (ovens, looms, forges, etc) will disappear
Does this include things like Ankh's, Lava tiles, Tombstones, etc..? Or is there a list somewhere that lists what "disappears" at IDOC fall?

:bored:

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all *CRAFTED* addons disappear.. as far as tombstones no.. ankhs yes.. unless deeded.. there is no list.. its always crafted addons that disappear.. vet rewards only if placed but not if in deed form and locked down..

In the "IDOC Faq" sticky here, it says:
all of the add-ons in that house (ovens, looms, forges, etc) will disappear
Does this include things like Ankh's, Lava tiles, Tombstones, etc..? Or is there a list somewhere that lists what "disappears" at IDOC fall?

:bored: