• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idocs on europa/drachs

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Conspiracy Theories run rampant on this forum! Let's start with I do IDOCS, I do a lot of IDOCS. I do IDOCS on American shards. I do IDOCS on foreign shards. I do IDOCS at ALL times of the day and night on ALL of these shards. You people make me laugh with your conspiracy theories.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did hundreds of Idocs and I can tell you names of very prominent Europen Idocers who agree with me that 90 percent of them fall after midnight of our time or in the early morning hours when everybody sleeps. You are right, I might not be a conspiracy behind it. But we are talking about a statistical fact. I don't know the reasons. And is was the same before the revamp.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am guessing here, but I would imagine that is because it is reliant on the billing cycle, and the billing cycles are most likely based on US Times since the game is run by a US company.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also did a lot of idocs long before the revamp and I remember that the idoc fall period was always slowly moving - maybe it was server down time slowly being added but it was definitely never static. There were also always odd ones that fell outside the usual times. I do not do many now mostly because of the insane new scripter favouring system. However when i have done them I find the first 5 hour period is often up late evening on Europa which is ok for us and if it is a late one the 15 hour slot can be after the 5am server down. That takes it into the early hours for the USA so its not all roses for them either.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Conspiracy Theories run rampant on this forum! Let's start with I do IDOCS, I do a lot of IDOCS. I do IDOCS on American shards. I do IDOCS on foreign shards. I do IDOCS at ALL times of the day and night on ALL of these shards. You people make me laugh with your conspiracy theories.
Translation, "IDOCs work fine for me and my schedule where all I do is play UO, so no need to change anything". that's what I got from it at least.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Translation, "IDOCs work fine for me and my schedule where all I do is play UO, so no need to change anything". that's what I got from it at least.
Maybe! Still doesn't change the fact that idocs fall at all times of the day and night and there is no proof that caters to certain shards, players, play styles.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am guessing here, but I would imagine that is because it is reliant on the billing cycle, and the billing cycles are most likely based on US Times since the game is run by a US company.
ding ding ding ding ding.... :)

Dexterslab

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The next like for Lord Gandalf. Normal working players in Europe have no realistic chance to save items from idocs on Drachenfels or Europe. From Sunday to Monday a castle next to mine fall down. I knew the time 9pm, 2am or 7am. It went down at 2am. Sorry. But i don't get up at 2am to check that out. I am not 20 years old anymore and my wife would think i am crazy. And i have to be at work the next day at 7am. I vote for other Idoc-times on the european shards.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all these migrants flocking to our glorious country I have started to offer some of them a warm bed, food and water in my mansion in return they must hunt and camp out UO idocs. It's been working great so far. I feel like I'm doing my bit for humanity at the same time.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next like for Lord Gandalf. Normal working players in Europe have no realistic chance to save items from idocs on Drachenfels or Europe. From Sunday to Monday a castle next to mine fall down. I knew the time 9pm, 2am or 7am. It went down at 2am. Sorry. But i don't get up at 2am to check that out. I am not 20 years old anymore and my wife would think i am crazy. And i have to be at work the next day at 7am. I vote for other Idoc-times on the european shards.
...and its always the same xshard-idocers who camp 99 % of all the places, which fall during the night. And thats why there is MAXIMUM frustation among MANY MANY decent players I know on DF, who wake up in the morning, bring their kids to kindergarten, go to work and get ZERO share of what´s their own heritage on their shards.

Shard-transfers are the cancer of UO. They are the worst thing ever implemented in this game. That´s why I am on Siege now. All other places are broken, abandoned and periodically invaded by legions of ********. Same is with EM events, invaded by those ************ (I will in the gap by myself so that the filter does not have to censor me).

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped doing idocs as all seemed to fall as 5am mark and I couldn't be awake for all, as I have to work at 7am.
But the new system does favour scipters, and US players, making it near enough impossible for normal players.
100 % true. Wealth always comes to those who are already wealthy.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bandalf in our last encounter ( EM tournament on EU) u lasted 20 seconds.

Daddy is waiting for u!

InfernO will come to get you
I should have lasted less tbh, 20secs was a good record with mick hiding on a dexer, and you using holy fisters and orc brutes. I had no clue wth was going on lol. Picking my mystic mage was a very bad decision!

Next time ill read a little more about duel rules... Didnt even have pots on me either :(

Last edited:

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not my fault if u close yourself with a devil and u come to fight me just with a banana gun

InfernO will come to get you

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so who is king pvp... lot of talk.. who walks the walk