• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC House Camping... where's the loot?

G

If I can't see anything on the porch or inside the house (using Circle of Trans), does that 100% mean there is nothing in the house? Or could that mean that it's just not "cached" properly or something technical like that?

Just curious.

BTW, just casually fighting and moving around the map, I've found several plots of land on both LS and Baja that support 18x18 developments. Is it just me, or has the competition really died down? It makes you wonder who in the world these scripters and dupers sell to?!?

G

If you can step on the house plot (not just the stairs in some cases) and nothing loads up, there is nothing in the house with the exception of anything that is in the moving crate. I don't believe there is a way to tell if there is stuff in a moving crate till the house falls. Private houses will not show their contents, with a few exceptions.

I don't know what dupers have to do with idocs. Scripters on the other hand will place a house mainly if it is one of the biggies - castle or keep, or if it is an idoc in luna or some other coveted area on a busy shard. On less busy shards you will still get scripters in luna but pretty much every other fall except for the biggies scripters will not bother with, unless we are talking some really nice rare type loot and then you might get people who set up scripts to grab stuff.

The player population is really low right now, there are house plots on just about every shard, large ones, and only on the busiest shards can you really make any sort of money selling real estate besides luna plots and big houses.

G

Yup...Baja is really open lately. I placed a Tram keep in a spot that apparently was open for 2 weeks...a tree prob discouraged the idea that a keep could fit there, but it took a few tries and careful placement of the tree within the open spaces of the keep.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

If I can't see anything on the porch or inside the house (using Circle of Trans), does that 100% mean there is nothing in the house? Or could that mean that it's just not "cached" properly or something technical like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the house is private it doesn't. I've sat at houses and towers that you couldn't get into or see anything with the CoT and when it dropped there was tons of loot falling. I've also waited on some that were empty when they fell; everyone camping has a laugh at their own expense and departs. You never can tell with private houses. Public houses should show everything I would think.