• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC and new timer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im shocked to see a house being greatly one minute, then running to show my friend a other idoc...

3-4 mins later i return to the first idoc that was in luna...and a new plot was placed...house had falled§§

I thought it had a timer for replacement, but this was insta replace...

Just happened on drachenfeld, and i swear i was not away from the plot longer than 5 minutes from greater to it dropped.

~High

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im shocked to see a house being greatly one minute, then running to show my friend a other idoc...

3-4 mins later i return to the first idoc that was in luna...and a new plot was placed...house had falled§§

Just happened on drachenfeld, and i swear i was not away from the plot longer than 5 minutes from greater to it dropped.

~High
Was it by chance owned by OSI and Demolition Pending? That's one of the only two ways a house that is greatly status falls and is instantly replaced. The other is the owner using the resize command.

On a related note go track by the Demolition Pending Atlantic Luna house and look at all the scripters waiting for such an occasion.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sounds more like the owner dropped it and replaced it, as he wouldn't have the wait timer.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't think it was the owner. Unless he began sorting through all his junk on a whim after replacing. This house did go to IDOC status, but was gone at most an hour after that, with a new plot in its place.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was at a castle IDOC here couple weeks ago, wait time on it was bout a hour.

same with one in new mag as well a couple weeks after the castle.

sounds hinky.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they have been messing with the housing servers thus throwing all idocs off!!!! Maybe it can get back to normal in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, not too many people here...

Although someone is desperate to get the place.. a ton of toons all with simular variation of the same name!

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swear the GM's friends get a little "help" with house placement. There is a guy on Pac that gets 95% or more of all the large (Keep or Castle spots) placed, that he is at. Seems a little odd since there always 6 or more people trying to place, and the placement time is "random" now.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

~High
the owner could of just cleared the house, turning it to a plot, and transfered it to another account. that takes less time to make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was OSI owned, - but still I think its totally wrong it just go *poff* once the vendors wait time is over. It should continue its normal decay time.

This time I knew it for sure, cuz it took the time to walk from east side to sw side of luna and back for it to go from greatly to gone.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was OSI owned it did go at a normal time. It has always been the norm for OSI owned houses to fall at anytime. On rare occasions they do actually fall in line with normal Idocs and will fall at the end of a full Idoc period but you have never been able to rely on that, it is usual for them to just as you put it 'go poof' whenever.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings,
well according to a conversation i had with Mesanna recently only she drops osi houses, when she is ready, a day later there was proof that she does not infact know a thing about osi houses lol

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what I found even more amazing is this, I reported 2 hidden animals, a rat and a cat, for days they were hidden (attended of course) by the steps, Mesanna came to see, confirmed she saw them, instead of getting the ban stick out, she informed me,no wait PROMISED ME she would not drop the osi castle on Europa while they were there, as mentioned above the next day BOOOOOOOM the hidden rat has a new castle

maybe one day Mesanna will reply to my PM asking WTF went on there.

Last edited:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swear the GM's friends get a little "help" with house placement. There is a guy on Pac that gets 95% or more of all the large (Keep or Castle spots) placed, that he is at. Seems a little odd since there always 6 or more people trying to place, and the placement time is "random" now.
Hi Nyses! Eve L Antagonist here. You mentioned some things that were directed at me in general chat so I'll respond. I've been hunting IDOCs for about a decade on and off. I know how housing works. I know where houses fit. I know what blocks placement. I also know if you page a gm and kindly ask them to delete a blocking object that is or will prevent placement when the timer is up they come and do that. It's you know... their job. You can ask them to do it as well. They are probably underpaid and like free stew...

I see the others talking and half of them have no idea what they are doing. They burn tools and stand there waiting for the timer. They show up and watch IDOC houses for HOURS AND HOURS. Not to mention our server is pretty dead. Go try and place even an 18 x 18 at an Atlantic idoc and see how well you do.

Tram swamp castle, lost, someone dropped a keep, there was a bugged ladder in the way and gms pages were broken.
Fel swamp castle, placed a keep beating Ruby and 1 or 2 others. Had a gm eat the stew and resized to a castle.
Placed the fel cove castle beating the 1 guy there who was still looking through stuff I think.
I beat a LOT of people at the Fel castle, they were pvping, I was sneaking.
I lost to Rafman at the Tram castle, burnt tools.
The last Luna house went OBO so I didn't bother to stand there 24/7 until it fell.
The last 2 keeps spots no one bothered to place and they sit open.
Placed a Zento 18 x 18, we were trying with 4 accouts vs 2 guys on 2 accounts.

That's hardly 95%.

Other castles or keeps I placed I did it by upgrading smaller houses to larger ones. You'd be surprised how many 18 x 18s are in keep spots and others don't know keep will fit. I tell people all the time on our server they can upgrade their houses if they want.

As you can see from Mandrakes reply it WAS an owned by osi house and I was correct in what happened... Almost like I know how the housing system works huh? Spooky huh? OoOooooO

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow panties = bunch.

i enjoy a conspiracy theory as much as the next person but sometimes there are just traits known as knowledge and motivation.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI Luna house on ATL went OSI owned because it had vendors. It was somewhat worn today and dropped.

BlackWidow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
wow panties = bunch.

i enjoy a conspiracy theory as much as the next person but sometimes there are just traits known as knowledge and motivation.
There was a time when my partner (at the time) and I were accused of being "scripters" on Pacific because we did a LOT of IDOCs. We knew when they fell, we knew what to go for and we knew what and when to place. We did really really well. The fact is......you do it enough, you get good at it!! There's nothing unusual about that...it's called PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a time when my partner (at the time) and I were accused of being "scripters" on Pacific because we did a LOT of IDOCs. We knew when they fell, we knew what to go for and we knew what and when to place. We did really really well. The fact is......you do it enough, you get good at it!! There's nothing unusual about that...it's called PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. Seriously, the only person I've ever considered to be a true scripter was that guy from Tradespot/Rafman. He, I do believe, was a TRUE SCRIPTER!

What a surprise...the person who managed the place the somewhat worn Luna house on ATL....

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a time when my partner (at the time) and I were accused of being "scripters" on Pacific because we did a LOT of IDOCs. We knew when they fell, we knew what to go for and we knew what and when to place. We did really really well. The fact is......you do it enough, you get good at it!! There's nothing unusual about that...it's called PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
What a surprise...the person who managed the place the somewhat worn Luna house on ATL....
COPS is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh the one I said to go track at? Heh, yeah I'm not surprised either. The entire tracking menu was filled with 4 letter name combos like LGER KGER JGER or something like that.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND LIKE I SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE ,IDOCS SHOULD HAVE A TIMER ON THE SIGN THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE SO IT IS FAIR TO EVERYONE,NONE OF THIS 10 DIFFERENT RULES CRAP

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OR EVEN BETTER MAKE IT THAT THEY ALL FALL AT ONE TIME WITH A TIMER ON THE SIGN,SO NO ONE PERSON CAN LOOT THEM ALL DAY UNLESS NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO DO IDOCS

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Take a deep breath... and let it go.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EXSAMPLE - LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY WILL FALL ON 1st at 4pm est,9th at 8pm est ,17th at 12am est,and 26th at 4am est of each month that way it lands on diff day at diff times and more than one will fall and youll know what time so you dont have to waste your uo time sitting waiting

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head*

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya you say let it go kelmo your houses are stuff with crap already.......let newer players get some of the loot so they will stick around and actually play the game,you ever wonder why your shard is so dead?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be sweet if they just wiped the game so everyone had to start over that would be sweet

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
scripter have scripts that run around recording the times that houses go idoc,its the same thing....just that everyone would know the time

BlackWidow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
scripter have scripts that run around recording the times that houses go idoc,its the same thing....just that everyone would know the time
YEAH!!!!! AND I THINK EVERY TIME I WALK INTO A DUNGEON EVERY MOB IN THERE SHOULD JUST FALL OVER AND DROP DEAD!!! Why should i have to waste my time killing the things!! Sooooo unfair!!!!!!!

BlackWidow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
YEAH!!!!! AND I THINK EVERY TIME I WALK INTO A DUNGEON EVERY MOB IN THERE SHOULD JUST FALL OVER AND DROP DEAD!!! Why should i have to waste my time killing the things!! Sooooo unfair!!!!!!!
(I apologize, I couldn't resist)....the devil made me do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.