• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idle hands...

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone is running around the streets of TTC turning all the shops into cog buildings. Sure, old players know to change districts, but all those new players running around have no clue what to do.

I snapped a picture of one street I was on. This kitty just happened to be standing there when I captured the image....

*whistles innocently*

H

Holocog

Sorry to be posting so much but I do know who some of the convicts are....

Crazy Cat 137 maxed trapless red cat.(she doesnt have anything else to do)
Crazy Bongo Bannasticks 110 Dropless green dog(he wants a star)
Rocco Megamash 113 trapless brown bunny(I dont know why he does that)

You can see theese people in (welcome valley)nutty river ttc summoning bldgs sometimes

And remember they can change their laff....(exept crazy cat)

F

Fangs McWolf

I'll call multiple buildings there too, but usually I'll try to make sure they are either small buildings, or that I can call low-level invasions. There are a scattered set of toons that come on almost each night and they are guests so the only thing they can do is take over buildings in TTC (there are others who are just working gags, tasks, doing it for fun, merits, bucks, etc). They've come to recognize me and will actually come up to me asking for help, saying 'lets take over a cog building', and then when I call a few, they are like "Thanks!" and they'll pile into the elevators and go. Other comments such as "You rock" and "You are awesome" get tossed at me. What they are doing is trying to get the stars over their heads and want to see if they can get their name onto the scoreboard in the HQ.

It's funny to go up to a building that was just rescued, open my book and then hear them saying "No.", "No!!!" ":-(" "Don't be mean!" etc, because they know that I could be calling a new building. That confused me at first until one of them told me to follow them and then took me into the HQ, looked at the scoreboard and said, "I'm going to look for that." After that, I would call a few buildings, then as they would get taken over, move down the street calling new buildings. They've been quite happy with that.

I've actually friended a few of them and tried to get them to change to a different district. Not only easier for them to get into it, but also a better chance of them getting their names onto that board. I can better control the invasions (if any) and it makes it easier all around.

So don't assume that it's a bad thing.

As for Rocco Megamash, I think he's doing it for the same reason or just to get bucks or something.

G

Granjell

Thanks, guys - I was wondering what to do with those summons things from CJ. I've used a couple to call buildings, but honestly, other than to help a smaller toon, why would I summon just one Ambulance Chaser?

Missus Hoggat finished a street battle in DDL with a high laff toon, who saw that she needed to defeat a Penny Pincher. The toon said "Wait a minute" and summoned a Penny Picher! What a great way to be a toon ambassador!

F

Fangs McWolf

Thanks, guys - I was wondering what to do with those summons things from CJ. I've used a couple to call buildings, but honestly, other than to help a smaller toon, why would I summon just one Ambulance Chaser?

Missus Hoggat finished a street battle in DDL with a high laff toon, who saw that she needed to defeat a Penny Pincher. The toon said "Wait a minute" and summoned a Penny Picher! What a great way to be a toon ambassador!
Save your summons, because then you collect them and you'll start getting all of them, then you could summon a PP invasion instead of just 1 PP cog. :)

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So don't assume that it's a bad thing.
This was every building on the street except for 4 at the very end. There were toons landing sad in the playground left and right. I do think it was a very bad thing. First day in the game for these guys and they're being greeted with obstacles they don't have the ability to overcome. I really doubt this person was doing this to "help" anyone.

F

Fangs McWolf

This was every building on the street except for 4 at the very end. There were toons landing sad in the playground left and right. I do think it was a very bad thing. First day in the game for these guys and they're being greeted with obstacles they don't have the ability to overcome. I really doubt this person was doing this to "help" anyone.
They're learning their limitations and what can happen when they take on more than they can handle. It's helping in a way. I used to go into a "newbie" district and call level 8 cog invasions (Cheese, Big Wig, etc), at first thinking that they would all scatter like roaches do when the light is turned on. But instead a lot of them would gang up on the cogs and defeat them easily. A few would go sad, but overall, they handled it quite nicely.

A benefit of it all is that they get certain experiences earlier than normal. One is learning which gags and gag combinations work, the other is the importance of teamwork instead of me-work.

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're learning their limitations and what can happen when they take on more than they can handle. It's helping in a way. I used to go into a "newbie" district and call level 8 cog invasions (Cheese, Big Wig, etc), at first thinking that they would all scatter like roaches do when the light is turned on. But instead a lot of them would gang up on the cogs and defeat them easily. A few would go sad, but overall, they handled it quite nicely.

A benefit of it all is that they get certain experiences earlier than normal. One is learning which gags and gag combinations work, the other is the importance of teamwork instead of me-work.
What about the fact that they can't visit any shops to find out what their task is? Where's the benefit of that? To me, someone turning almost every shop into a cog building in the first district and neighborhood a brand new toon is dropped in is just making the game unnecessarily hard on new players. I respect your view, but I do not agree with it.

F

Fangs McWolf

What about the fact that they can't visit any shops to find out what their task is? Where's the benefit of that? To me, someone turning almost every shop into a cog building in the first district and neighborhood a brand new toon is dropped in is just making the game unnecessarily hard on new players. I respect your view, but I do not agree with it.
What some don't realize is that when EVERY shop is turned into a cog building, after a few minutes, the oldest buildings start falling back into shops. In a couple of districts, I've gone in and cogified a few (not all, only a few) key buildings. The toons who need that shop learn to ask for help and if they ask a friend for help and that friend knows about changing districts (and aren't sf), then they can learn by being told to "Follow me." and changing districts. Also they might get a chance to go into the building and take it over. If they don't make it (even if it's only a 1 or 2 story building) then they learned early on to be careful what they jump into. But when they get their laff and gags back, that building is a shop again and they can continue, with some new wisdom. :)

L

Little Sadie

You can call invasions in any welcome valley district and you won't lose it in your book. Same with buidlings too. Friends of mine have been calling invasions for whatever we need on our new toons and blowing through the tasks. Just remember to tp to welcome valley first.

F

Fangs McWolf

You can call invasions ****************** and you won't lose it in your book. Same with buidlings too. Friends of mine have been calling invasions for whatever we need on our new toons and blowing through the tasks. Just remember to ********************* first.
Hush fool, don't spill the beans, otherwise TT will learn about it and fix it! :(

S

Stubby

I have a question. Is it possible to call an invasion with one of my toons and then swap toons? My little toon needs like 15 number crunchers and I am having a hard time with it. Is this a feasible answer to my problem?:popcorn:

F

Fangs McWolf

I have a question. Is it possible to call an invasion with one of my toons and then swap toons? My little toon needs like 15 number crunchers and I am having a hard time with it. Is this a feasible answer to my problem?:popcorn:
Are you on right now? If so, which district?

S

Stubby

No, How can I be on both at the same time? what do I need to do? (I know, probably a dumb question)

F

Fangs McWolf

It's possible. Just you have to make sure you go to the same district you called the invasion in. If you were on right now, I would have gone to that district and called a crunchie invasion for ya.

Edit:
There's a number cruncher invasion in Nutty River right now... *whistles innocently*

S

Stubby

Thanks, I found the window setting. But, this is for Fancy and she doesn't have any friends in River, infact only one friend on line at all. So, thanks for trying! Your awwwwsome!!!!!

She is in nuttyboro.

Imagine my luck, there was a cruncher invasion just a few minutes ago!!! I was able to all I needed except one. Wow!! Some totally most excelent person must have called that one! *winkwink*

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I just see it more from the new player's point of view than the experienced player's. When I first started this game, I really would have hated for it to have been harder on me than it had to be. To say they learn experience and limits is almost harsh. That's like letting someone learn to drive with a school bus when they could have used a hatchback.

F

Fangs McWolf

I guess I just see it more from the new player's point of view than the experienced player's. When I first started this game, I really would have hated for it to have been harder on me than it had to be. To say they learn experience and limits is almost harsh. That's like letting someone learn to drive with a school bus when they could have used a hatchback.
When I had originally did the high level cogs, it was for the purpose of watching the little ones scatter. But when I saw them all taking on the strong cogs and defeating them, I realized that they didn't care. They were taking what they could get and they weren't afraid to do it. Some went sad from bad luck, as we all do. Others went sad because they were trying to do things their own way instead of trying to play for the team.

Everything is a learning experience. Keep that in mind. :)

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I had originally did the high level cogs, it was for the purpose of watching the little ones scatter. But when I saw them all taking on the strong cogs and defeating them, I realized that they didn't care. They were taking what they could get and they weren't afraid to do it. Some went sad from bad luck, as we all do. Others went sad because they were trying to do things their own way instead of trying to play for the team.

Everything is a learning experience. Keep that in mind. :)
Yeah, touching your hand to a hot stove eye is a learning experience, but until I had time to be taught that, I wouldn't want to be dropped in a room full of ranges.

You keep mentioning teams and group play, but what if they are alone? Just make them stand there and get nothing out of the game until someone comes along to help them? Scare them into thinking the game is impossible unless you have another toon or toons with you?

The neighborhoods were designed to go at a pace so they teach people things. TTC has smaller cogs and way less cog buildings for a reason.

Keep that in mind. :)

F

Fangs McWolf

True but keep in mind there are those who only play on guest accounts and will work their toon as far as they can, but at the same time, welcome things like buildings because TTC is the only place they can defeat the buildings while on a guest account. Don't get me wrong, I understand your concern and your viewpoint. But you would have to see it to be able to try to understand it.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you would have to see it to be able to try to understand it.
He's right, Dane. The first time I went with him, I was very angry that he was doing it. But he talked me into seeing by calling The Big Cheese (you know me). They would come FLOCKING to the streets to see something they've never seen before. And yeah sometimes they went sad, but they would be right back out there afterwards. They were having fun! Oh, and the buildings... the same thing. dozens of baby toons slamming themselves into the door as it opened and closed, most often within minutes. They would come back after going sad to try it all over again.

I'm not so sure accomodating a bunch of free players is a good thing, though, Wolfie. :p

F

Flippers

Save your summons, because then you collect them and you'll start getting all of them, then you could summon a PP invasion instead of just 1 PP cog. :)
When Smusher became a BW50, he wasn't maxed yet. About 10 days later he filled the gallery. THEN he was maxed in Law. Save a CJ run he needs to replenish a pencil invasion (*cough*) he can call the shots.

L

Little Sadie

Hush fool, don't spill the beans, otherwise TT will learn about it and fix it! :(
That has been known and published in every board I read for over a month. I highly doubt I spilled any beans. People have been doing this for a long time. Anyway it has also been reported last week that it has been fixed on test and will be fixed on open in the next update. Geesh!

F

Fangs McWolf

That has been known and published in every board I read for over a month. I highly doubt I spilled any beans. People have been doing this for a long time. Anyway it has also been reported last week that it has been fixed on test and will be fixed on open in the next update. Geesh!
Well for one thing.. I just had to say "hush fool".. It sounds so funny. :D

Aside from that, the less coverage it has, the better, because I looked at the release notes for the test TT, and it doesn't have anything mentioned about fixing it. Doesn't mean it hasn't been fixed, but if it hasn't, don't want TT to feel encouraged to get cracking on it. Get what I mean? (As for the other sites, maybe you could go on there and tell them, "Hush fool!" for making it public knowledge.)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have "fixed" several "problems" on test without it ever hitting the release notes. If the testers say it's "fixed", then it's "fixed".

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I think you guys may be talking about 2 or 3 different sets of toons!! When I first started the game, I ran into something like this too. I would have to visit a shop and it was a building. I knew by then that if i went in I would die and I wasnt really interested. My son on the other hand had a ball with it. He didnt mind going sad and didnt care really one way or another if he completed a task or not!! I am a VERY task oriented person. I was so frustrated by the fact that they gave me this task and i couldn't complete it. Back then I didn't even KNOW there was different districts let alone how to change to another one!! I did not have fun with it and ended up just quiting to try again another time. I had no one to show me what to do or to help me. I knew enough about fighting to go after the same cog and such but when you are going into a building in TTC with a bunch of baby toons, most are kids that don't know how to come out happy. I would die almost everytime....at least until i had a little more laff and better gags. Shoot, as dumb as it may sound, I didnt realize until someone SHOWED me when I was working DDL tasks on Sally that if a shop was a cog building you could change districts!!! I had NO SF back then. I knew that there were different districts but I figured the districts were all the same!! I had no clue that some toons could call buildings or invasions. I thought it was a computer program that ran the different districts all the same. If I had known about Stratics or other forums back then, my toon life would have been much easier!!!

So if you are talking about toons like my son Michael who just love goofing around and don't mind going sad, or a toon that is trying to build gags or get their name on a building with out subcribing, they will love this. But if you are talking about new toons that are interested in completing their tasks and progressing in the game but lack knowledge due to "newness" and are caught up in this, it is very frustrating. It just depends on the toon and what they are trying to do!! Dane and I play almost every night and I think we both fall into the category of "task oriented"!!!!:) A few of us are working newer toons and try to build our gags in river. I find the continuous big wig invasions (someone said it was a TT glitch) just as frustrating because we are not strong enough even with 4 experienced players to fight off 3 big wigs!!! But at this point that is our choice. When you are very new to the game, you probably dont have the choice!!

L

Little Sadie

Well for one thing.. I just had to say "hush fool".. It sounds so funny. :D

Aside from that, the less coverage it has, the better, because I looked at the release notes for the test TT, and it doesn't have anything mentioned about fixing it. Doesn't mean it hasn't been fixed, but if it hasn't, don't want TT to feel encouraged to get cracking on it. Get what I mean? (As for the other sites, maybe you could go on there and tell them, "Hush fool!" for making it public knowledge.)
I understand what you mean. The first time I have even mentioned it on a board was a few days ago after reading about it for a month on other boards. From the start there have been a couple of people that have reported it to TT a few weeks ago. Apparently they have succeeded. It was fun while it lasted but not that big a deal. I have done 3 toons just fine without using the invasions to get my tasks done. I can do it again but it will just be a little bit of a challenge to do so. Until then I will try to finish Atta D'Bleu before they cut me off!

P

Pinky Pepperpow

I have to agree with Dane on this one. We are mainly adults in this forum and have experience with the game. However; placing my self as a noob it would be extremely unsatisfying to start a game that I had absolutely no chance of winning or playing fairly in.

I don't beleive the intention of Disney was to manipulate their game. I think that the summons options were placed as a convenience when the going gets rough.

A few building now and then in TTC is one thing, but to sabatoge the noobs by turning bldgs is just evil and mean spirited.

I've been playing this game for about 18 months. I have seen such a change in the spirit and support of toons. With the catching on of using the sf mode, there seems to be even more evil doings. There have been days in a row where I've just thrown up my hands due to the lack of team spirit within toontown.

I rarely work with toons that aren't my tf's or sf's due to the selfishness of so many toons these days. I do however, always help a noob if they ask for it.

Back to the topic, anyone changing over a building just to create havoc is just mean and has issues. TTC is known to be a working area for the new toons and I think, as toontown ambassadors, we need to keep it friendly, safe and maneagable.

JMHO,

Judy

F

Fangs McWolf

The funny thing is, it sounds pure evil, but once you do it and then see how many little ones flock to it like its gold (building or invasion), you realize that you are giving them a toy to play with.

Keep some things in mind..
Even when someone turns the streets into Cog-central, after a few minutes, the oldest buildings turn back into shops automatically. I think this is to keep a certain balance, and as another shop is taken over, another building changes back into a shop.

A new toon who is stuck is likely to yell out "Help!", say what their task is (which shop they need) and someone nearby will likely help out somehow.

New toons who have SuperToons for friends (ie, high laffs) can tell their friends whats going on and then that friend gets a task to help new toons take over a building (2+ story) and they take the building and then they get beans for it.

If you're there trying to take over the building and it's a district where TTC is busting apart with tons of Toons, then you may as well give up on it, because they're attacking it like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.

Oh and there's also that element of amusement by giving someone enough time to finish going into a shop and be able to start talking to that shop keeper, then call a building and watch them get quickly ushered back to the street as the building is dropping.

:gee:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

The funny thing is, it sounds pure evil, but once you do it and then see how many little ones flock to it like its gold (building or invasion), you realize that you are giving them a toy to play with.

Keep some things in mind..
Even when someone turns the streets into Cog-central, after a few minutes, the oldest buildings turn back into shops automatically. I think this is to keep a certain balance, and as another shop is taken over, another building changes back into a shop.

A new toon who is stuck is likely to yell out "Help!", say what their task is (which shop they need) and someone nearby will likely help out somehow.

New toons who have SuperToons for friends (ie, high laffs) can tell their friends whats going on and then that friend gets a task to help new toons take over a building (2+ story) and they take the building and then they get beans for it.

If you're there trying to take over the building and it's a district where TTC is busting apart with tons of Toons, then you may as well give up on it, because they're attacking it like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.

Oh and there's also that element of amusement by giving someone enough time to finish going into a shop and be able to start talking to that shop keeper, then call a building and watch them get quickly ushered back to the street as the building is dropping.

:gee:
You are assuming, though, that these toons have other toons to help them or that they are all having fun with it. When it happened to me I didnt consider it fun or a good thing. When I started playing this game, I just wanted to visit "Blue Glue" and finish my task, not learn the need to ask for help. I learned that all on my own when my tasks became more difficult and I needed help. I remember seeing all the toons jumping at the closed doors of bldgs like they were insane. It may be fun to watch, but not so much if you are trying to get something done. I still think the only people who have fun here are the kids who are just goofing off and the people who are trying to get the benefits of subscribing without paying the bucks. Even the kids that are bouncing off the closed doors of cog buildings are so desparate to get in probably because they can't go anywhere else because they havent subscribed. I dont think Disney intended for this to happen, as fun as it may be for their unpaying players.

I guess I also feel that I learned lessons of what I can handle and such as the game intended it to happen. To me it is like saying we should go into 5 story buildings with low laff toons and deliberately sabotage the play (use sound on lured cogs for instance) so they can learn how to handle a crises or a dumb toon. It would be an opportunity for them to learn various speedchat phrases, use tons of gags, be more careful about who they go with, learn where all the cones are hidden in TTC, and train a doodle. I'm not sure I like the idea of other toons feeling they have a right to try to teach me a lesson unsolicited by changing the parameters that Disney designed to keep me safe as a little toon.

Don't get me wrong, Wolfie, I understand what you are saying and I realize that there is indeed a group of toons that love this are are as pleased as punch. I KNOW you arent doing it to be mean or evil; you are trying to do something nice for other toons and this is exactly what you are doing for SOME toons. Just keep in mind that there is another group of toons that are completely overwhelmed and frustrated by the thing that gives some toons so much fun!!:)

F

Fangs McWolf

Don't get me wrong, Wolfie, I understand what you are saying and I realize that there is indeed a group of toons that love this are are as pleased as punch. I KNOW you arent doing it to be mean or evil; you are trying to do something nice for other toons and this is exactly what you are doing for SOME toons. Just keep in mind that there is another group of toons that are completely overwhelmed and frustrated by the thing that gives some toons so much fun!!:)
I'm aware of that, and I'm not taking it on myself to force them to learn certain things. It's just one of the benefits from doing this. I have the fun of watching them (low laffs) taking on the big guys, seeing some who are impressive players (either intelligent or have other toons) and watching as many of them show potential. Some who won't listen when others try to work as a team though, I see them going sad and while it's kind of depressing to see happen, at the same time, I'm hoping that they'll try to work as a team next time. Harsh reality check here, but being under 20 laff with only a few gags, if they go sad, they can quickly jump back. So hopefully by the time they max their gags, they'll be more careful to not lose them from carelessness. In a way, helping them out.

Also I'm sure Disney doesn't mind, because face it, if they're kids enjoying it all, then eventually they're gonna bug their parents enough that they subscribe so that they can explore more of ToonTown. It's a smart way to do it really.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I'm aware of that, and I'm not taking it on myself to force them to learn certain things. It's just one of the benefits from doing this. I have the fun of watching them (low laffs) taking on the big guys, seeing some who are impressive players (either intelligent or have other toons) and watching as many of them show potential. Some who won't listen when others try to work as a team though, I see them going sad and while it's kind of depressing to see happen, at the same time, I'm hoping that they'll try to work as a team next time. Harsh reality check here, but being under 20 laff with only a few gags, if they go sad, they can quickly jump back. So hopefully by the time they max their gags, they'll be more careful to not lose them from carelessness. In a way, helping them out.

Also I'm sure Disney doesn't mind, because face it, if they're kids enjoying it all, then eventually they're gonna bug their parents enough that they subscribe so that they can explore more of ToonTown. It's a smart way to do it really.
I guess this is one of those things we will never agree on!!! As a victim of this when I was a little toon, I feel kinda strongly about it. At that low laff level, you do bounce back quickly, no doubt. But I still dont think anyone has a right to almost guarantee that that will happen to other toons even if they are trying to help them. This is a game with different levels and skills and you are meant to progress at a pace for a reason. You should be allowed to progress at that pace and to complete the tasks that you are given unhindered (intentionally) by other toons.

You had said that you do intentionally call buildings at 2-3 key shops. I think that does qualify as trying to teach toons lessons you feel are important. If you turn these shops into buildings intentionally, you do have a motivation other than helping toons get their name on a bulletin board or giving them something they would not be able to get if they dont subscribe. Why not limit the buildings you call to NON key shops, ones that dont have to be visited to complete tasks. That way, the toons that enjoy this will be happy, AND the toons that are interested in playing the game normally will be able to progress. That seems like a fair and happy compromise to me.:)

I think it would also help considerably if Disney, as part of the tutorial when you are new, would show/tell you how to change districts if there are invasions or cog buildings that are hindering your progression. One of the early tasks could be changing districts and they could tell you the reasons you may need to do this. This would certainly have given Sally less growing pains. They do this to show you how to make friends, how to use the speed chat, and how to get on the trolley. If they did that, we wouldnt even be having this discussion!!!:thumbup1:

One last thing is that during a Big Wig invasion, skill doesnt necessarily have a lot to do with survival as a little toon!! Pinky, Dane, one other friend (who knows what they are doing), and I were training our little toons in river. We know what we are doing but when you dont have lure, TU, or anything other than level 2 or 3 gags, it isnt easy. The low level gags on high level cogs often miss and we (I think all of us, maybe Dane and the other toon survived) spiraled to the playground after going after one cog and 2 more joined the battle. It was really funny cuz we knew from the start we were in over our heads and it WAS cute to see Thelma and Louise standing together in the playground staring at their feet!! It was fun, but I wouldnt want to make it a regular part of my day!!!:lol: And it was our choice!!!

F

Fangs McWolf

I guess this is one of those things we will never agree on!!!
Guess not. It's like Republicans and Democrats, there are some things that they will never agree on. Just hard to decide if we want to be the fat-a** or the jacka** :D

I think it would also help considerably if Disney, as part of the tutorial when you are new, would show/tell you how to change districts if there are invasions or cog buildings that are hindering your progression. One of the early tasks could be changing districts and they could tell you the reasons you may need to do this. This would certainly have given Sally less growing pains. They do this to show you how to make friends, how to use the speed chat, and how to get on the trolley. If they did that, we wouldnt even be having this discussion!!!:thumbup1:
No, there'd still be people acting like, "Whoa is me, you are a(n) <insert insulting word here>!"

I still maintain that if you were to see it for yourself, you'd be like, "Wow, maybe this isn't so bad after all."

One last thing is that during a Big Wig invasion, skill doesnt necessarily have a lot to do with survival as a little toon!! Pinky, Dane, one other friend (who knows what they are doing), and I were training our little toons in river. We know what we are doing but when you dont have lure, TU, or anything other than level 2 or 3 gags, it isnt easy. The low level gags on high level cogs often miss and we (I think all of us, maybe Dane and the other toon survived) spiraled to the playground after going after one cog and 2 more joined the battle. It was really funny cuz we knew from the start we were in over our heads and it WAS cute to see Thelma and Louise standing together in the playground staring at their feet!! It was fun, but I wouldnt want to make it a regular part of my day!!!:lol: And it was our choice!!!
Skill has a LOT to do with it. When you see 1 using weak lure (and working surprisingly), 2 hitting 1 cog, and the outcast of the group hitting from cog to cog, that outcast goes sad pretty quick. I've seen where the thick-headed ones have gone sad while the others have managed to dance. Of course, I've also seen where it's been only 1 player against 4 big guys, and that 1 player has had the luck of the devil and managed to stick it out for a very long while before either others join and helped out or finally 'nodding off' back to the playground.

I've seen braveness (even though it's a game, it does take guts to put your 20 laff against a level 8 cog), intelligence (cogs lured, and the others focus on one and stay with that one until it's gone), teamwork (communication and working together, such as same cog and same gag type), determination (going sad, coming back with full laff and full gags and trying again) as well as amusement (going sad, coming back with 1 laff point and no gags but going into a building alone).

In the end though, they have fun and that's the important thing.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I cant imagine how including a task on changing districts and giving reasons why it may be necessary could not but help new toons. I know it would have helped me. Yeah, there will always be people who complain no matter where they are or what they do. But in this case a little info would go a long way. And yeah, if new toons knew how to avoid the situation we are discussing, we wouldn't be discussing it!!:) If you like it, great!!! If you don't, just change districts and everything will be right with the toon world! I am hoping that you are not considering me someone who is calling you a name or doing a "whoa is me"!! That is not my intent!!

You said if I saw this for myself I would realize that it wasnt so bad. I have been telling you right along that I HAVE seen this for myself, from a new toons point of view. If you had had the same experience, I'm sure you would feel differently. I think you would have experienced some of the frustration I am trying to convey and would understand my point better.

The example I gave you of the Big Wig invasions was of 4 experienced toons working together without the benefit of lure, TU, or anything over level 2 or 3 gags. A "weak lure that works" or toons going after different cogs was not a factor here. Yeah, skill has a lot to do with it, but in the example I gave, no amount of skill would have prevented our spiral dance back to the playground. I totally agree that a lot of problems in battles come from not working together or toons just being totally clueless in how to fight. If you have 3 or 4 low laff toons going after 3 high level cogs and they all go after different cogs, there will be trouble. That just wasnt what I was talking about.

You said that in the end they are having fun and that is what is important. HMMM.....I wasnt having fun!!! Some certainly were, I just didnt happen to be one of them. Once again, if I had known that all I had to do was switch districts everything would have been peachy. I could have switched and went on my merry way, no problem.

In the end, it depends on who you are catering to, what you want out of the game, and the point of view from which you are looking. It all goes back to what I said in my very first post. There are 3 different groups of toons here: toons that just want to goof around and don't mind going sad, toons that are trying to get names on bulletin boards or build gags without subscribing, and toons that are trying their best to progress in the game and complete tasks.

I will admit that this is a short lived problem. Once you get frustrated to the point of quitting, when you log back in you will be in a different district or the problem will be gone!!! Its not like anyone will have to repeatedly go thru this unless they are very unfortunate or are intentionally looking for it.:)

L

loadexfa

I feel inclined to add a note regarding going sad with new players. Obviously, for people on this board, going sad on a toon without level 7 gags is mostly meaningless. Maybe we're irritated about the lost experience but no big deal, you buy your gags and all is well.

But for little kids, who are part of the target audience, that can be very upsetting. (I think Disney is totally foolish not to recognize TT is a causal game and also market it to that group which is approx 70% women in their 30's+ but that's a different rant). I bring this up because I witnessed it firsthand. Like many players here I got into TT because of my child. When we started she was 4 years old. The first time we tried a building, we went sad. I'm sure many toons go through that learning experience but after that she was TOTALLY upset and would not let me go into buildings anymore if we were playing together. After a while, I convinced her it was OK and she's fine with buildings after seeing us succeed a number of times. She still gets very upset if I go sad. Fortunately that is rare (even rarer for her to be with me and see it).

I think we need to be aware of the little kid factor for going sad, it's a learning experience but for some kids it's best to keep that minimized which seems to happen in Disney's 'standard' streets. But changing that design with invasions can be very upsetting to the younger players especially if they go sad excessively.

I know it is not your intention to upset kids, just want to point out what some kids will experience.

Josh

J

j.c.

i know how you feel i have been there i did not enjoy it either
i had hard time with all my j.c.s.

when i first started off i did not know how things were done a kept dying i was lucky to have friends to come an help me. i never ask anyone for help
i am always asking if they need help instend lol i never think of myself.

in fact i am still learning how to do things but as you can why chose tuneup
an why use it so much becasue i was once there myself.

i am scare wittless when toons go sad i always try to tune them an help them
but when my friends call me i go to them an help them there just so many who need help.:( i don't know who to go to first:sad4:

i always there looking out for all toons no matter how mean or crul or how much laff they have i will be there trying to be the better toon.

but as you know i am only 1 toon i can't be everywhere even through i like to try to lol

you find me alot of times help others out who are not on my list an if i am not i am helping my friends on my list.

then when its just me i go off an work on things i need but if i see a toon who needs help i am there.